Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 1:51 am

Artist creates invisible car

Quote:
Art student Sara Watson has found the ultimate way of avoiding traffic wardens – by making her car invisible.

The 22-year-old student at the University of Central Lancashire spray painted a battered Skoda Fabia to match the car park and entrance to her art studio.

Her work, created as part of her drawing and image making course at the university, creates the illusion that the car is see through.

She was given the car from a breakers yard and worked for three weeks to ensure that it blended perfectly with its surroundings.

"I was experimenting with the whole concept of illusion but needed something a bit more physical to make a real impact." said Miss Watson, who is from Ashton under Lyne.

"People have been stopping in the street to look and coming up and almost bumping into it, so it's had the desired effect."

The car is reminiscent of the work by pavement artist Julian Beever, whose attempts to trick people's minds into seeing perspective on the flat surfaces of paving stones.

Steve Jackson, owner of Recycling Lives, the firm that gave Miss Watson the car, said: "When I first saw the photos I was convinced it was something which had been done on the computer, but when you look more closely you see the effort and attention to detail she has put into it. It is just amazing."

Wow!

Michjo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 10:59 am

What a waste of her time, i see the car :?

Ben_Shapiro
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jun 2009, 11:54 am

That was in the metro a few days ago and I thought she had done a very admirable job. Certainly a lot better than I imagined when I saw the title.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 1:53 pm

she did it a while ago,am saw better photos of it which hid the outline a lot more,its awesome.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Jun 2009, 7:26 pm

Invisible car looks visible o_o

The former things have passed away."