Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

HaliaTotheres
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2009, 12:55 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... three.html

Personally, I don't believe a word she says. I always understood that when someone recieves a tattoo they are inked up with a marker before a needle even touches their skin so they can approve the tat. However, 55 seems low for 56 stars..but they are small and in black ink. I think she's lieing and she asked for them and after she got reprimanded at home she made up some story about how she asked for three.

What do you guys think?

I also don't understand sueing him...but if he didn't get anything in writing he might be up a creek without a paddle =\ .

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 1:47 am

I read about this earlier today.

I agree, I doubt that she's telling the truth. I have a large tattoo down my back, and the very first thing they did (after looking over it and quoting a price) was apply a stencil so that I could make sure it was exactly where I wanted it.

Beyond that, what was she on to fall asleep? You're not supposed to have sedatives or alcohol in your system while getting tattooed. I've heard of exactly one case of someone actually falling asleep while being tattooed, and that job took hours; I'm sure it happens sometimes, but it's definitely not common. You can feel tattoo work being done; I imagine (although I can't say for sure, of course), that the face would hurt more than some other areas of the body. Everyone has a different pain tolerance level, but she said she woke up in pain, so obviously hers isn't Superman's. Besides, I doubt that tat took more than an hour; what did she do, sit down and immediately fall asleep? It doesn't sound right.

Plus, the tattoo artist has someone who verifies his story. She doesn't.

I strongly suspect however that he's paying half her costs so that his business doesn't come out looking bad. Tattoo shops need better reviews in general than, say, your grocery store, because that's supposed to be permanent. You don't want a badly done tattoo, or one that you didn't ask for.

I doubt three little stars would have cost her 55. The price is low in general for that many stars, but if it's not the pricest place to begin with, that would be why.

Three years!

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 7:07 am

I have heard that getting a tattoo really hurts so I don't see how she could fall asleep unless she was dead drunk.

I think she freaked out afterwords and then pretended that it wasn't what she asked for.

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 9:42 am

I agree that the tattoo artists' version was much more plausible... I do hope this doesn't end up costing him his business...

Trystania
Raven
Raven

18 Jun 2009, 10:03 am

1. A witness backs up the tattooists claim that she indeed asked for 56 stars
2. The outline would have been traced first so she could approve the position, size etc
3. If she were really only expecting three stars, why would she fall asleep? It would have taken a matter of ten, fifteen minutes max to complete the work she expected.
4. You don't fall asleep during a tattoo. I had mine done on a fleshy part of my body and it still hurt like hell.

She's such a liar!

HaliaTotheres
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2009, 12:43 pm

I think it's incredibly respectable for the tattoo artist to pay half of her removal surgery bills, that guy totally needs some kind of commendment just for the offer itself. The thing that pisses me off the most is that she's going to SUE him when he OFFERED to do something he wasn't obligated to do in the first place, he sounds like a really good guy (I'd date him!) lol.

Asterisp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 1:35 pm

Some dutch-language blogs are posting it is a hoax; initiated as a publicity stunt for a radio station.

And a link for the duch-reading people here:
http://www.clint.be/nieuws/is-sterrenme ... nt-van-mnm

A PR agency that was responsible for an earlier campaign of the radiostation has launched a flash game around the girl. According to the website it was produced earlier this year.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 2:27 pm

There is no way that this girl is telling the truth, how can you fall asleep during a procedure like that? She's just a brat what wants to get her own way, even if its at the expense of the nice guy that is willing to pay half for a mistake that he did not make.

HaliaTotheres
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2009, 11:49 pm

a hoax? Oooo!! Juicy! :P if it is, i think that tattoo place is going to lose some business haha :P

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2009, 6:32 am

how can anyone fall asleep during a tattoo? i think the artist's story is the right one. It seems that she only complained when her boyfriend dumped her and her parents got mad.

CRD
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2009, 1:54 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31400926/ns ... eird_news/
I just saw that she owned up to wanting the 56 stars. Silly kid

HaliaTotheres
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jun 2009, 2:23 pm

Oooomgosh, what a weird thing to lie about....but good for the tattoo place for getting publicity!

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2009, 11:30 pm

that tattoo artist is going to ask for written consent from now on.

HaliaTotheres
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jun 2009, 2:22 pm

probably better for him in the long run then :)

steelback
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jun 2009, 5:01 pm

Maybe the tattoo parlour should consider suing the girl (or her family, since she's underage) for trying to ruin his business.

HaliaTotheres
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jun 2009, 7:40 pm

i would, that's slander