Cat survives arrow through head (graphic image)

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 7:35 am

This is sick. Even if physically she will make a full recovery, it is quite likely that she will be seriously brain damaged.

CRD
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 1:58 pm

The arrow thankfuly missed the cats brain they have rather lager open spaces in their heads and this and the fact the arrow was stuck tight so the little guy didn't bleed to death is what most likely keep him alive. We should all remeber that if we or a love one human or pet is impalted with something DO NOT remove it. Make the object as stable as you are able and get help. The poor cat more then likely won't be keen on goign out anymore and who can blame him.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 2:40 pm

Oh ! That is horrible. I hope that whoever did it gets put away in jail. I very doubt if someone would manage to hit a cat in the head with a stray arrow by mistake, it is possible but very unlikely.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 2:58 pm

Omg! Poor cat and he looks so calm....

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 7:21 pm

Don't get me wrong. I feel really sorry for the cat (the video caused all kinds of twinges) ... but...

I don't understand why people are so uppity about this cat - ie: the perpetrator should be jailed etc.. (although I agree that he/she should be). The thing that's annoying me right now is that my 80+ aged nanna was taking a walk around her own neighbourhood when she was shot in the achilles tendon by a kid with a BB gun. The police came, the kid was identified (a son of a local politician) and he was let off with a warning. Nobody threw a fit about that. She became too scared to go outside and her health deteriorated. In my opinion, it was one of the main reasons for her death only a few years later.

Admittedly, this was about 20 years ago but it still works as an example.

my real question is this;

Why are people more generally concerned with the welfare of animals than they are of their fellow human beings?

CRD
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2009, 7:21 pm

gbollard wrote:
Don't get me wrong. I feel really sorry for the cat (the video caused all kinds of twinges) ... but...

I don't understand why people are so uppity about this cat - ie: the perpetrator should be jailed etc.. (although I agree that he/she should be). The thing that's annoying me right now is that my 80+ aged nanna was taking a walk around her own neighbourhood when she was shot in the achilles tendon by a kid with a BB gun. The police came, the kid was identified (a son of a local politician) and he was let off with a warning. Nobody threw a fit about that. She became too scared to go outside and her health deteriorated. In my opinion, it was one of the main reasons for her death only a few years later.

Admittedly, this was about 20 years ago but it still works as an example.

my real question is this;

Why are people more generally concerned with the welfare of animals than they are of their fellow human beings?

I would be just as upset if not more for your grandmother. That little sob got out of it because of who his father was or so it sounds to me. Not that our elders are "helpless" so to speak but they are more fraigle in the say someone in there 30s thats in good health and they have earned a little respect and the right to a peaceful life. I hate anyone picking on someone for what ever reason is weeker then themselfs. It pisses me off.