Lindsay Lohan sentenced to 90 days in jail

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 10:56 am

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/lin ... d=11095712

"Beverly Hills judge Marsha Revel declared the 24-year-old starlet in violation of probation for her 2007 DUI conviction for failing to attend court-ordered alcohol education classes. Revel sentenced Lohan to 90 days in jail followed by 90 days in-patient rehab.

Following Revel's ruling, Lohan broke down sobbing, barely sputtering a "yes" when Revel asked if she understood and accepted the terms of her probation. Revel ordered Lohan to surrender on July 20 at 8:30 a.m. PT. "

Stay strong, Lindsay. The 90 days will go by fast, babe!

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 11:00 am

She a bloody menace on the road and has been given preferential treatment since she is a celebrity, if it happened to a anyone else they would have the book thrown at them.
Drunk driving kills

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 11:50 am

Good.

I lost all sympathy for her when she started going on about the sentence 'breaching her human rights' and comparing herself to that poor Iranian woman who's about to be stoned.

Last edited by Lene on 13 Jul 2010, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 11:51 am

Why does it seem like all celebrities screw up :roll:

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 12:27 pm

Peko wrote:

Because they are spoiled (ESPECIALLY celebrities who have been ones since they were children like Lindsay!) and feel the rules of normal civilians like us don't apply to them and so they do whatever they want because they feel they won't get into trouble because in their world money solves everything (and in many cases it does like with Paris Hilton...)

I mean I really like Lindsay and feel she is a very talented actress but needs to get her life together so hopefully this will be a wakeup call.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 12:50 pm

Xenu wrote:
Peko wrote:

Because they are spoiled (ESPECIALLY celebrities who have been ones since they were children like Lindsay!) and feel the rules of normal civilians like us don't apply to them and so they do whatever they want because they feel they won't get into trouble because in their world money solves everything (and in many cases it does like with Paris Hilton...)

I mean I really like Lindsay and feel she is a very talented actress but needs to get her life together so hopefully this will be a wakeup call.

A good example would be Robert Downey Jr, his career made a complete 180 after he cleaned up

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 1:15 pm

Friskeygirl wrote:
Xenu wrote:
Peko wrote:

A good example would be Robert Downey Jr, his career made a complete 180 after he cleaned up

Exactly! I really hope she could do a RDJ cause that would be great. I mean she has been in some really terrible films in the past few years but she is truly an amazing actress and if she wasn't having all the trouble she is she would be considered an A-Lister right now.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 1:34 pm

If you like to hear something completely screwed up...

Years ago I was in a small accident right after I had gotten my car. It turned out the insurance hadn't transferred properly so my car wasn't insured in the accident.

The accident was declared my fault though I believe the light was actually faulty as we both claimed we entered the intersection on a green and there was a fatality there the next day.
Anyway, since it was deemed by fault and the insurance company insisted my policy had not gone into effect, I paid the other person for the damages, so his life wasn't ruined...in fact the accident only damaged the body and did not render his vehical non-functional so he probably kept the car and did something else with the money.

There is a law in California that if you are in an accident with over $500 in damage and are not insured then your license is suspended for a year. To put this in perspective for you, if someone scratches your bumper, the body shop will charge you $500 to replace it.

So even though I paid for all the damages, and no one was hurt, and no one's life was ruined, I COULD NOT DRIVE FOR A YEAR, and I could not get a job because I could not drive and employers don't want to hire someone without a license. This, all because the insurance company said I had not signed a documented needed for my policy to go into affect, when they had previously told me everything was complete and it would go into effect for that car on that day.

Yet if someone is caught driving under the influence, where they have recklessly and voluntarily endangered the lives of others, they get a tap on the wrist and don't lose their license.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 3:28 pm

Xenu wrote:
Exactly! I really hope she could do a RDJ cause that would be great.

It would be wonderful if LL would get her sh*t together and straighten up, but honestly, I wouldn't hold my breath. Frankly, I don't think she's smart enough to get it through her thick skull that her career is tanking right before her eyes. She honestly believes that no matter what she does, studios and directors will still hire her. She also seems deluded enough to think her looks are going to last forever, but the truth is a good looking male has a longer career expectancy in Tinseltown than a half-talent bimbo. As far as sheer marketability goes, she's wasting her most valuable years, p*ssing them away a month at a time. One thing's for sure, she'll never be able to play an intelligent character convincingly from here on out. She makes Marilyn Monroe look like a rocket scientist. And Monroe actually was pretty smart, but excelled at playing dumb.

Robert Downy Junior is a very smart guy, and once he shook off the drug induced haze, he got the wakeup call in time to clean up the mess he'd made - but barely in time, and he seems to not only know how close he came to completely washing out, he seems to deeply appreciate the second chance.

Mickey Rourke spent several years in Hollywood Exile after he stepped on all the wrong toes, and he, too was lucky to be let back in. BTW, why is it the media all act like The Wrestler was Rourke's huge comeback? He was effing AWESOME in Sin City and nobody ever mentions he was even in it. That was a couple years before The Wrestler, and IMO a much better film. :?

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 8:03 pm

If she doesn't get the help she needs and follows through with rehab, then I won't be surprised if we hear about her death from an overdose. If this happened to someone who isn't famous, they would have been in jail a long time ago.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 12:46 am

my opinion pretty much mirrors a bit of everything that's been said here. Oh well, it's not like i'll miss her, and it's not like she'll be the last of her kind that we see.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 7:03 am

I remember going to see The Parent Trap (the one with Lohan in it) in theaters when I was little and enjoying it. I also remember enjoying Freaky Friday (again, the one with her and Jamie Lee Curtis). In a way, I grew up on Lohan's movies, so I have a soft spot for her.

I really do hope she recovers and gets her life back on track. This jail sentence could do some good for her.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 4:47 pm

Good! That serves her right!

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 5:59 pm

Descartes wrote:
I remember going to see The Parent Trap (the one with Lohan in it) in theaters when I was little and enjoying it. In a way, I grew up on Lohan's movies, so I have a soft spot for her. .

Same here, my little 8 year old self was all over Hallie Parker (the tomboyish twin). Now that she's a coke head, starved herself and lost her rack I think it's safe to say I'm no longer attracted to her.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 6:10 pm

Do you think she wills sober up or stay drunk on foul tasting home made prison hooch? :lol:

Kat15
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 6:48 pm

Good.