Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2011, 4:31 am

I dont know how relevant this information is or if its been disproved or whatever, I found a few articles on this which I found this interesting.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/m75 ... lltext.pdf

http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101020 ... tism3.html

Any thoughts?

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2011, 8:30 am

The second article scares me. They seem to want everyone to have the same brain.

I have no problem about seeking cures to genetic diseases but they are saying their plan is to 'fix' the Autism in fetus taking away choice. This scares me, if I were to have children and this is developed, will I be forced to 'fix' my child or will that child be forced to fix his/her child (if it's developed later)?

Mack27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Mar 2011, 11:48 am

I couldn't access the first article. The second one was interesting. It seems to be getting more apparent that there has to be a genetic and environmental component. I don't want to be anybody but who I am but If I was going to have a child at some point in the future and the doctor told me "the fetus has a 90 percent chance of becoming a severely autistic child if we don't give your wife this shot" I wouldn't automatically rule out the shot.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2011, 12:50 pm

yeah the 1st article is a scientific study article, an unbiased article, I only posted the 2nd 1 cause I realize not every1 on here can understand scientific articles. I think there needs to be a study comparing the brains of full on autistics vs. people with aspergers if there isnt already?

Perkinje cells control the motor cortex so this theory actually kinda makes sense. If autistic people have shorter dendrites, and these dendrites cant extend fully this explains the motor problems autistic people commonly have.