Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

19 May 2011, 3:49 pm

appears to be well meaning although alittle more to the right than I prefer....whats the problem??? of course I dont know who Koch is though.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 1:48 pm

China has in its recent history a more of less capitalistic society - and an increasingly wealthy one at that - but free enterprise there has done little to make the Chinese government any more politically freer.
Then again, the Koch brothers are a couple of right wing nitwits.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 6:10 pm

As a right wing nitwit I'm not seeing what's wrong with what Koch said.
Care to elaborate?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 6:54 pm

Raptor wrote:
As a right wing nitwit I'm not seeing what's wrong with what Koch said.
Care to elaborate?

I shall repeat, successful free enterprise does not automatically mean that free government will follow. Not only do we have China as a modern example of how this is not necessarily the case, but also we have Nazi Germany in the past, where business moguls got richer under the Hitler regime. And no, I'm not saying that free enterprise and free government can't coexist - I'm saying free government doesn't have to rely on successful business in order to exist.
The Koch brothers have either convinced themselves that democracy needs unrestrained big business to survive, or they're just pulling a major con on American conservatives pushing this line, as they see it as a money making scheme with means of grabbing political power behind the scenes.

-Bill, otherwise known a Kraichgauer

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 7:34 pm

No, I think it's more a matter of Koch said less than glowing things about the Obama administration and that's what drew the right wing nitwit comment and the OP's comment about Koch blowing things out his @$$.
Add a charge of hate, intolerance, and homophobia to it and it'll be complete.
:roll:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 7:49 pm

Raptor wrote:
No, I think it's more a matter of Koch said less than glowing things about the Obama administration and that's what drew the right wing nitwit comment and the OP's comment about Koch blowing things out his @$$.

While I clearly disagree with Koch on Obama, I repeat, that's not what I was talking about.
And if you want to improve society, not everything good is going to come out of a money making scheme.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 7:11 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:

While I clearly disagree with Koch on Obama, I repeat, that's not what I was talking about.
And if you want to improve society, not everything good is going to come out of a money making scheme.

If that money making scheme creates a significant number of decent jobs it's at least off to a damn good start in helping society.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 10:13 am

Raptor wrote:

That would be incorrect, I didn't even notice his comments on Obama.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 4:36 pm

ikorack wrote:
Raptor wrote:

I'll have to reread it. I was actually just taking Raptor's word for it that he did.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 7:38 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ikorack wrote:
Raptor wrote:

I'll have to reread it. I was actually just taking Raptor's word for it that he did.

"From the White House to fringe bloggers, we are now being vilified, mischaracterized and threatened."

He doesn't mention Obama by name but "White House" pretty much means the same thing.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 11:56 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ikorack wrote:
Raptor wrote:

"From the White House to fringe bloggers, we are now being vilified, mischaracterized and threatened."

He doesn't mention Obama by name but "White House" pretty much means the same thing.

Trust me, there's no comparison to how Obama and his supporters have been "vilified and mischarachacteriszed" by the Kochs and the other forces of reaction.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 7:48 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Trust me, there's no comparison to how Obama and his supporters have been "vilified and mischarachacteriszed" by the Kochs and the other forces of reaction.

What is wrong with vilifying Our Fearless Leader? If the shoe fits etc.....

ruveyn

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 4:38 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

You can only do that when it's a war mongering republican in office.

To do so with a demoncrat it's just hate and intolerance........

.......oh, I forgot homophobic. Doesn't really apply here but some of them like to throw that in there when someone doesn’t agree with them.
How could I have forgotten?
:shrug:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 5:14 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

I suppose it's a matter of opinion if the shoe fits at all.