I walked 177 miles and raised £328 for the NAS!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

robh
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Aug 2011, 6:49 am

Hello everyone

I did it! I successfully walked the 177 mile Offa's Dyke path pushing through my limited physical fitness, rain and ridiculously strong wind. Raising £328 to support the National Autistic Society. Regardless of the difficulties, I feels fantastic to have done this.

You can read more about my experience on my blog:

http://achievingextraordinarysuccess.co ... xperience/

Anyone else done a long distance walk like this?

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 10:05 am

On the beaten trail topic

Good for you. :D

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 11:24 am

Well done, it must have been a peaceful walk. The farthest distance I have achieved was a 36 mile sponsored cycle run when I was about 12 years old. A very good experience for you and an interesting blog.

robh

22 Aug 2011, 3:12 pm

CosmicRuss wrote:
Well done, it must have been a peaceful walk. The farthest distance I have achieved was a 36 mile sponsored cycle run when I was about 12 years old. A very good experience for you and an interesting blog.

It was peaceful, if anything a little too so; on average I only saw 3 or 4 people a day and the only people interested in talking were all around the north end of the path, around the Clwydian Range.

Wow, you did 36 miles when you were 12, what was that experience like? Must have been really tough for you.

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 4:57 pm

All I remember from that day was 2 collie sheepdogs running down a farm track and chasing us along the road for a bit, then eating a packed lunch which had melted in the heat en route. :lol:
We were lucky the route was mostly flat so I don't recall it being that tiring.

robh

24 Aug 2011, 7:51 am

CosmicRuss wrote:
All I remember from that day was 2 collie sheepdogs running down a farm track and chasing us along the road for a bit, then eating a packed lunch which had melted in the heat en route. :lol:
We were lucky the route was mostly flat so I don't recall it being that tiring.

Excellent, good job you weren't walking Offa's Dyke, it' really hilly :p