Nintendo Wii launch date and price (for Europe and US)

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2006, 9:23 am

(US/Japan Details)
(UK/Europe Details)

The Nintendo Wii is going to be released in the US on November 19, at a price of $250. The console will come witha Wii console, a Wiimote and Nunchuk attachment, sensor bar, sensor bar stand, an AC adapter, an audio/video cable, and two batteries (for the remote). The console will also be bundled with Wii Sports. The first-party games will be $50. To buy, the Wiimotes will be $40, the nunchuk and classic controllers will be $20.

Surprisingly, the Nintendo Wii will be released in the Americas first, and Japan's Wii release date is December 2.

This is exciting news as we now know when the Wii will be released in Europe. The Europe price will be £179 (€249) bundled with Wii Sports and will be released on 8 December. Wiimotes will be £29, while Nunchuks and Classic controllers will be £14. 1st party games will be between £35 and £39.

:D :D :D YAY! WII! :D :D :D

Last edited by deep-techno on 15 Sep 2006, 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

kc0eks
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Sep 2006, 11:53 am

When I read the release info earlier I was quite excited. I love nintendo games, and cant wait for this console. It will be grea t to play all the old school games on a TV again (playing on a computer is just different).

I was quite shocked they are releasing in the US first...not something I have ever heard of :)

15 Sep 2006, 12:35 am

I won't be buying it on launch date because I be home from my trip and I wouldn't want to spend more of my money on a game console and plus Christmas would be next month and I need the money to buy presents for my family. Wii can wait.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2006, 8:50 am

:D Doin' the happy dance! Doin' the happy dance! :D

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2006, 10:22 am

I want one NOW!! oh well at least it is coming soon...

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2006, 2:18 am

I'm a bit disappointed that Metroid Prime 3 and WarioWare: Smooth Moves have been delayed into 2007. :( I can always preorder them and get those games when they come out.

I've saved up about £100, and my goal is £300.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2006, 7:11 pm

Have you been to http://wii.nintendo.com recently? They have a whole bunch of new information, about the Wii now. I warn you though, if you go there you might be so psyched for the system..you could end up being like "I WANT A WII NOOOOOOWWWWWW!" lol.

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2006, 8:37 pm

video games are boring and whats the point in buying the latest system if in a year or two they just make a new one? seems like a waste of money to me

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2006, 5:33 pm

Waterdogs, you're entitled to your opinon. However, if you have nothing to contribute to this thread other than complaining, perhaps you shouldn't post here.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2006, 11:12 am

waterdogs wrote:
video games are boring and whats the point in buying the latest system if in a year or two they just make a new one? seems like a waste of money to me

Amen to that. 8)