School Put Autistic Boy in Duffle Bag for Misbehaving, Mom S

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 4:10 pm

I think it just goes to show that if the human genome is unraveling we're little more than the visual tip of the iceberg:

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-a ... 2563.story

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2012, 6:39 pm

What the heck??? Certainly this has to be illegal right?

"One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small but the pills that mother gives you don't do anything at all"

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 8:23 pm

The teacher who did that should be fired and that school should be sued.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 8:48 pm

I smell a lawsuit. At least the kid might get some cash for college if his parents persue legal action.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 10:47 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
The teacher who did that should be fired and that school should be sued.

They should be zipped up in duffel bags for a few hours in a busy commercial area. :?

If they start having pain in their knees or joints from age and having that position not suite their health well - tough %^&*.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Jeffrey228
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jan 2012, 12:18 am

Todesking wrote:
I smell a lawsuit. At least the kid might get some cash for college if his parents persue legal action.

Well I think once we get to 2013 if we get word that Rick Santorum wins this election and the Presidency, I suspect we will see more of this being common, and they won't get in trouble, but rather the parent will be in big trouble could loose their child, the same way Canada would do things against those with the Autism Spectrum, thus Mental Asylums would be the option of choice, like in the old days.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 8:11 am

Jeffrey228 wrote:
Todesking wrote:

Well I think once we get to 2013 if we get word that Rick Santorum wins this election and the Presidency, I suspect we will see more of this being common, and they won't get in trouble, but rather the parent will be in big trouble could loose their child, the same way Canada would do things against those with the Autism Spectrum, thus Mental Asylums would be the option of choice, like in the old days.

Lol, I wouldn't even worry about it. Santorum won't be the nominee. If he is Obama will win and, we likely won't have enough of an economy nor the funds coming in to be worrying about how autistics are treated. The world doesn't like us much anyway and it seems like society has to be in a state of near perfect creature comfort to start rethinking social darwinism.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 11:12 am

""Baker says she was told at a meeting with district officials that the bag was a "therapy bag," but she was not clear about what that meant.""

I think whoever invented that "therapy bag" should receive some therapy inside it too. and the teachers who use it should also receive the same "therapy". then they can see how "calming" it is to be treated like that.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 11:17 am

http://www.change.org/petitions/petitio ... y-kentucky

Sign the petition to get the f**kers fired. Really they should be shot. In duffel bags.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 11:29 am

just-me wrote:
""Baker says she was told at a meeting with district officials that the bag was a "therapy bag," but she was not clear about what that meant.""

Haha, that's cute. With that logic the mom should be able to go in, chase the teachers around with a retractable baton, and say "What!? Its my attitude adjustment wand! I'm doing this for their own good!"

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 11:32 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
just-me wrote:

Haha, that's cute. With that logic the mom should be able to go in, chase the teachers around with a retractable baton, and say "What!? Its my attitude adjustment wand! I'm doing this for their own good!"

Those teachers remind me of this woman:

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 9:21 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
just-me wrote:

that should be done too. :wink:

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

09 Jan 2012, 2:49 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
just-me wrote:

ROFL!! ! :hail: :hail: great visual imagery!!

My mom once went over the table after a school principal and was going for her neck until my dad grabbed mom and sat her back down.
What did the principal do to provoke such a reaction?
After spending a year of denying my access to a proper education and I was having meltdowns regularly, she told my mom that she" just loooved" me in a very condescending way. Mom knew she full of crap...and she lost her cool.

But I agree with you... if a duffle bag is a "therapy bag" then a baton should be a "magic attitude adjuster" :D

Jojo