Page 1 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Jeffrey228
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jan 2012, 12:06 am

Well after searching on his political campange site, he supported the "Combating Autism Act" and was a big supporter for Autism Speaks and Cure Autism Now Foundation, what would happen if he would the presidency?

My guess would be seeing mental Asylums being re-opened and maybe even harsher treatments to people within the Autism Spectrum, something that makes me very concerned on it, even if I am an adult.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 12:15 am

i wouldn't vote for that sancimonious psalm-singing bully if ya stuck a cannon in my mouth. i wouldn't vote for that religious fanatic any sooner than i would slit my own throat. he believes health care should be a privilege granted only to the wealthy. he has said that it is a just thing that people with pre-existing health conditions are penalized by the insurance industry. people who vote for that guy must want something akin to a theocracy.

Jeffrey228
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jan 2012, 12:23 am

auntblabby wrote:
i wouldn't vote for that sancimonious psalm-singing bully if ya stuck a cannon in my mouth. i wouldn't vote for that religious fanatic any sooner than i would slit my own throat. he believes health care should be a privilege granted only to the wealthy. he has said that it is a just thing that people with pre-existing health conditions are penalized by the insurance industry. people who vote for that guy must want something akin to a theocracy.

Well his idea of "Freedom of religion" is a lie, he is purely Christan and purely only follows freedom of that religion only, and the Healthcare part, well I can say that he may take it away, but those with Autism will not have a Freedom, and would soon be taken away and wrapped while waiting for transport to a Mental Asylum, Adults and Children,

And if the Children Misbehave that have the disorder, they will be tortured and like in the last topic, might even get the treatment of a Duffle bag and that place can't be sued for it, but the parent will be in trouble and loose the child for good, and that means lobotomy is the last resort to down size the Autism population.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 1:35 am

Jeffrey228 wrote:
And if the Children Misbehave that have the disorder, they will be tortured and like in the last topic, might even get the treatment of a Duffle bag and that place can't be sued for it, but the parent will be in trouble and loose the child for good, and that means lobotomy is the last resort to down size the Autism population.

his spiritual ancestors burned witches at the stake in salem.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 2:11 am

If he wants to cure my autism, I insist on being able to cure his chronic stupidity and bigotry.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 2:21 am

Hmmmm...........Santorum that sounds familiar are you sure your not referring to this? http://spreadingsantorum.com/ <------Warning site contains foul language reader discretion advised.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 3:33 pm

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/01/0 ... =pulsenews

What you said should obviously be in the list

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 3:52 pm

Alexender wrote:
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/01/04/397355/rick-santorums-top-10-most-outrageous-campaign-statements/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

The last statement of his, that insurance companies should discriminate against people with preexisting conditions is really odd - being that while reading this, I was watching an interview with him in which he admits to having a child with chronic health problems. Oh, well, I suppose you don't have to dwell on such things when you've got money.

GCAspies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jan 2012, 7:30 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Alexender wrote:
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/01/04/397355/rick-santorums-top-10-most-outrageous-campaign-statements/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

The last statement of his, that insurance companies should discriminate against people with preexisting conditions is really odd - being that while reading this, I was watching an interview with him in which he admits to having a child with chronic health problems. Oh, well, I suppose you don't have to dwell on such things when you've got money.

Everyone in Congress and the President has a different health care plan than the American public does. Must be nice.

The mission of GCA Centre for Adult Autism:
"Empowering the lives of autistic adults and young adults and their parents/caregivers by serving as a resource center to provide mutual support, information, and activities" in the Southeast USA
http://www.gcaspies.org

2nd Annual Southeast Adult Autism Symposium
- Early Bird online registration starts in late March 2018
- More information can be found at http://www.gcaspies.org/symposiumhomepage

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 4:18 am

while autism is an important cause to me, it won't be the concern that decides who i vote for.

as of now, i like santorum a little bit, and would prefer him over obama, but i'm likely not going to support him for president.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 4:29 am

minervx wrote:
while autism is an important cause to me, it won't be the concern that decides who i vote for.

as of now, i like santorum a little bit, and would prefer him over obama, but i'm likely not going to support him for president.

Well, it's not the "cure autism" crap that Santorum's pushing that makes me want to vomit, but a compilation of that, with his homophobia, his dehumanizing of the poor and down and out, his thinly veiled racism, and his desire to see birth control made illegal.
Oh, and that he belongs to the Latin Mass movement in Catholicism (as does Mel Gibson), which makes him absolutely as dangerous as any fundamentalist.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 11:11 am

psh.... no worries. His odds of getting nominated are about as good as Paul's.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 12:04 pm

He wants to cure autism like Hitler wanted to cure Judaism :lol:
Drop a ton of Korans on him, I say :lol:

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 10:15 pm

RON PAUL RON PAUL!! ! vote for freedom not more government control!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 10:53 pm

I don't care for Rick "Sharia Law" Santorum or Ron "Anarchy First" Paul.

So far, the only GOP candidate that doesn't make me completely ill is Mitt "Plain Vanilla" Romney.

The rest are just also-rans.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 2:14 am

if somebody stuck a cannon in my mouth and told me i had to vote for any repub, willard mitt romney would be the least obnoxious choice out of all repubs, sorta like obama's evil twin. if only he'd man-up and own up to his signature creation, romneycare, instead of running away from it. this would be only if the dems still had a working majority in the senate, to keep him on his better behavior.