fleurdelily
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Feb 2012, 4:55 pm

:arrow: LA TIMES article about synthesia

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

20 Feb 2012, 8:45 pm

neat article! I find where at the end, where they think we are having synthasia (sp) with certain sensory stimuli and pain, to be an interesting explanation. I know that the stimuli of a crowd of people which the sound of ppl randomly talking, rushing, foot steps and the blur of seeing motion really overstimulates me...its like I feel all this energy and it is whirling around me. Meltdowns, or shut downs, which ever happens first, are eminent. I wonder if the all the noise and visual blur of people, I perceve as energy, or if I am just hypersensitive to the personal energy of other people, and you get alot of people...that mass energy is overpowering?

thanks for sharing!

Jojo

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 8:08 am

this condition is a new intrest of mine. i love the idea that we were all synthasia at birth(just a theory) saying that at birth our cerebrul cortex(sp) is a two way street, and in time it gets damaged and becomes a one way.