Marines under attack, crying for their lives

Page 2 of 8 [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 7:32 pm

manalitwist wrote:
Based on previous dangerous experiences and knowing myself I would not be squealing like a pig. Neither do i expet this cowardly behaviour from brave soldiers (these us marines clearly are not brave) I presume you would squeel like them?

Presume whatever the hell you like; I've done my bit. Speculation is one thing; the reality is quite different.
So, I'm gathering from the way you talk that you're not a member (current or former) of the armed forces. Maybe you should go talk to a recruiter so's you can go over there and show us and all those Marines how badass you really are. It's very easy to criticise when you're safe over here, sitting on your ass in comfort, not being shot at.
Until then, I dub thee 'troll'. Now bugger off.

Last edited by diseased on 11 Nov 2006, 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manalitwist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 7:35 pm

diseased wrote:
manalitwist wrote:
Based on previous dangerous experiences and knowing myself I would not be squealing like a pig. Neither do i expet this cowardly behaviour from brave soldiers (these us marines clearly are not brave) I presume you would squeel like them?

Presume whatever the hell you like. I can't help but notice that you don't seem to be a member of the armed forces, however. Speculate all you like, the reality is quite different.
Maybe you should go talk to a recruiter so's you can go over there and show us and all those Marines how badass you really are. It's very easy to criticise when you're safe over here, not being shot at.
Until then, I dub thee 'troll'. Now bugger off.

I am no troll. In fact you are the troll in my thread. Rather presumptuous that i would fight on the side of the American army aren't you?

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 7:46 pm

I'm guessing that's a 'no, I'm not a member of the armed forces, US or otherwise'.
Figures.

Emettman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 7:53 pm

manalitwist wrote:
I presume you would squeel like them?

Presume away.
Your opinion matters nothing, since you have adequately displayed your character.

manalitwist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 7:55 pm

Emettman wrote:
manalitwist wrote:
I presume you would squeel like them?

Presume away.
Your opinion matters nothing, since you have adequately displayed your character.

Not half as much as the people in the video displayed theirs..

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 9:00 pm

So, have you gone to the recruiter yet?
edit: here, I'll make it easier for you. click me for USMC recruiting

Ooh, or, here's an idea: Find a vet this weekend, and tell him you think he's a cowardly crybaby. Preferably, do this in front of an audience and get them to videotape it for us.

Last edited by diseased on 11 Nov 2006, 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Scrapheap
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 9:01 pm

1) how do we know this video is authentic??

2) I only heard 1 person getting nervous. everyone else seemed to be handleing themselves quite well.

3) this certianly is not representative of the Marines as a whole

4) You manalitwist would'nt have the balls to be there in the first place p****!! !

walk-in-the-rain
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 9:02 pm

Looking at this logically - was there footage of these specific soldiers shooting anyone - especially woman and children - or are you just making assumptions about there character - you know how some like to characterize all people in a group the same simply because of their label.

Another thing here I find unusual is that you seem to have a perception that having an extreme reaction as making someone inferior. I guess if someone was an Aspie they could do well under fire probably because of their focus if they did not have any sensory issues. I startle at loud noises regardless of whether I know they are going to happen - and that has provided amusement in the past when that was found out. Are people on the spectrum who have meltdowns or extreme reactions to due sensory issues cowardly or have poor character?

And as just about everyone has pointed out - you have no idea what you would do in a foxhole unless you were in one. Perhaps the ones that assume they would cower would actually stand firm because they have anticpated their weaknesses and prepared for them. The ones that assume they would stand tall may overestimate their potential.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

11 Nov 2006, 9:58 pm

Okay, now for my relatively unbiased opinion (I hope). I'm going to assume that what Scrapheap said about only one soldier crying is true. If that's so, then that means that, given the other soldiers weren't crying, that means that 1 in every (insert number of soldiers in video here) in the Army (can't even tell who it is by reading, is it the US or British?) are cowards, or at least scared of bombs, according to the method of thinking you've displayed here.

Many soldiers who join the army don't actually intend for death on their part. For example, did you know that the pilot of the plane that dropped the Hiroshima Atomic Bomb had no idea that the bomb was on board? He just assumed he was attacking one lone building, but instead he wound up blowing up the entire city. I don't think anyone here would intentionally want to do that.

No-body knows what a bomb attack can be like if they've never experienced one. You claiming that you wouldn't go pansy means that either you're overly confident or you have a very vivid imagination, and I hope the latter is the case for the sake of this topic. I can say here that I would TRY MY BEST NOT TO go chicken and get scared, but I most likely will. My perfectly honest prediction.

Next, this could have an ironic twist to it: What if the guy crying had AS? He could most likey be crying because of all the sensory overload going on with the loud explosions of the bombs. Of course, I haven't watched the video, so I wouldn't know. We most likely won't find out if he has AS, either.

Thank you taking the time to read this post. I hope it was unbiased. If it was, then I apologise.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Scrapheap
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 10:11 pm

MrMark wrote:
Scrapheap wrote:
Post your sensless propoganda somewhere else fu*ktard!!

Scrap', did you change your medication? That's twice today (that I know of) that you've been rather rude, the other time being in reference to the functionality of a vigina. :?

Both parties deserved my derision IMO. :nerdy:

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

11 Nov 2006, 10:18 pm

MrMark wrote:
Scrap', did you change your medication? That's twice today (that I know of) that you've been rather rude, the other time being in reference to the functionality of a vigina.

*ahem* It's vag, not vig. Sorry, I can be picky with spelling sometimes.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

ooh_choc
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Nov 2006, 3:33 am

This clearly isn't proof that the entire marine core is cowardly, or brave. There's only a few marines in this footage.

Manalitwist, what you should be saying is that you believe the marines to be cowardly, and that you take pleasure in watching this example.

tdbrown82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Nov 2006, 11:21 am

We're all human, and how do you know what these particular marines have done?

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 11:29 am

Pah, they are soldiers. Should have been trained and conditioned to deal with such situations.

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 5:50 pm

MrMark wrote:
Scrap', did you change your medication? That's twice today (that I know of) that you've been rather rude, the other time being in reference to the functionality of a vigina. :?

I think perhaps Scrapheap is spending too much time at Intensity.

Manalitwist is the bully, posting this fiction to try to put down others.

Even if this u-tube were true, would you think Marines are bullies? They are only there doing what your elected representatives have ordered them to do. They did not ask to go over there.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 6:33 pm

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
They are only there doing what your elected representatives have ordered them to do. They did not ask to go over there.

Thats passing the buck tho - No snowflake in an avalanche ever felt responsible.

Does Godwins law apply here? :D