Snowy Owl

24 May 2012, 7:54 am

Give him a hand, everybody!

What a true American! /s

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 12:05 pm

The guy was there for security. Do you really think that some of Obama's disciples didn't make threats to Arizona officials, or harm anyone that tried to keep Obama off the ballot? You make it sound like the guy was there on the county dime to watch the volcano, or kick back on the black sand beaches and enjoy the natural and human scenery.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 12:12 pm

I'm surprised they don't just organize a convention there.

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

LunaticOnTheGrass
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 May 2012, 1:14 pm

John_Browning wrote:
The guy was there for security. Do you really think that some of Obama's disciples didn't make threats to Arizona officials, or harm anyone that tried to keep Obama off the ballot? You make it sound like the guy was there on the county dime to watch the volcano, or kick back on the black sand beaches and enjoy the natural and human scenery.

My argument is that the county dime should not be involved in this endeavor whatsoever, and that Arpaio is overreaching his powers as a Sheriff. Please correct me if I am incorrect (and I may well be), but aren't for-profit prisons more common in the South and Southwest, possibly including Maricopa county? If so, Arpaio should have a rather decent amount of money in his pocket to fund his little ventures.

This nonsensical issue would not exist whatsoever were Obama white. I perhaps feel it poignant to add that I will not be voting for Obama, but I merely find it all to be ridiculous.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 2:07 pm

What a nutbar

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 5:18 pm

John_Browning wrote:

From your post, you seem to think there is a legitimate reason to keep the President off the Arizona ballot, beside racism thinly veiled behind birtherism.
And if the truth be known, I have yet to see any evidence that Obama supporters perpetrate violence against even the most insane of the right.
If anything, Arpaio has only proven all the more that he's a racist and a crank.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Longshanks
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 12:08 am

LunaticOnTheGrass wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

My argument is that the county dime should not be involved in this endeavor whatsoever, and that Arpaio is overreaching his powers as a Sheriff. Please correct me if I am incorrect (and I may well be), but aren't for-profit prisons more common in the South and Southwest, possibly including Maricopa county? If so, Arpaio should have a rather decent amount of money in his pocket to fund his little ventures.

This nonsensical issue would not exist whatsoever were Obama white. I perhaps feel it poignant to add that I will not be voting for Obama, but I merely find it all to be ridiculous.

Speaking as a law student, I agree that the county, on the face of it shouldn't be spending money on illegal immigration - and normally they wouldn't have to, if Oblahblah and Holder would enforce the law in the first place. Having said that, both the US Constitution and SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States) have upheld for years the fact that local law enforcement has the power to uphold federal law - and has done so since the Civil War. Thus, Arpaio is not over-reaching his power. Concerning what Arpaio makes in his prisons, I don't see that you have taken into account the cost of defending all of the lawsuits that Holder - who is soon to be found in contempt of Congress himself due to "Fast and Furious" has filed against the county. What color skin Oblahblah has has nothing to do with it. The fact that his administration is enmeshed in illegality has everything to do with it.

Longshanks

Supporter of the Brian Terry Foundation @ www.honorbrianterry.com. Special Agent Brian Terry (1970-2010) was murdered as a direct result of Operation Fast & Furious - which Barry O won't discuss - wonder why?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 1:08 am

Longshanks wrote:
LunaticOnTheGrass wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

Speaking as a law student, I agree that the county, on the face of it shouldn't be spending money on illegal immigration - and normally they wouldn't have to, if Oblahblah and Holder would enforce the law in the first place. Having said that, both the US Constitution and SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States) have upheld for years the fact that local law enforcement has the power to uphold federal law - and has done so since the Civil War. Thus, Arpaio is not over-reaching his power. Concerning what Arpaio makes in his prisons, I don't see that you have taken into account the cost of defending all of the lawsuits that Holder - who is soon to be found in contempt of Congress himself due to "Fast and Furious" has filed against the county. What color skin Oblahblah has has nothing to do with it. The fact that his administration is enmeshed in illegality has everything to do with it.

Longshanks

And you think that birther horses**t Arpaio has tied himself into knots with has any legitimacy?

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 9:53 pm

Didn't he have Steven Segall drive a tank into someone's house and shoot their puppy last year and squash a bunch of roosters in the name of animal protection?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 4:11 pm

xenon13 wrote:
Didn't he have Steven Segall drive a tank into someone's house and shoot their puppy last year and squash a bunch of roosters in the name of animal protection?

Really? 8O

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 7:00 pm

:roll:
Apparently Arpaio is still popular enough in Maricopa County to keep his office so why sweat over it..........

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 8:36 am

Longshanks wrote:

Longshanks

I agree. If the law was enforced in the first place, Arpaio would have no need to fight illegal immigration. As for his prisons, I think he runs them the way they should be run. You're not in jail to take a vacation and live in comfort that some people who aren't don't have, so it's good to take away from privilege. Let's see if it'll discourage people from wanting to go back and being 'una carga para la sociedad'.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Longshanks
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 10:36 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
LunaticOnTheGrass wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

Longshanks

And you think that birther horses**t Arpaio has tied himself into knots with has any legitimacy?

Kraichgauer, the "birther crap" that you refer to is not the issue here. If you're going to reply to my arguments, stay on focus by sticking to the subject. This kind of response is a prime example of why I'm able to destroy your credibility every single time. You who thinks you know everything are very irritating to those who do.

Longshanks

Supporter of the Brian Terry Foundation @ www.honorbrianterry.com. Special Agent Brian Terry (1970-2010) was murdered as a direct result of Operation Fast & Furious - which Barry O won't discuss - wonder why?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 3:22 pm

Longshanks wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
LunaticOnTheGrass wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

Longshanks

Kraichgauer, the "birther crap" that you refer to is not the issue here. If you're going to reply to my arguments, stay on focus by sticking to the subject. This kind of response is a prime example of why I'm able to destroy your credibility every single time. You who thinks you know everything are very irritating to those who do.

Longshanks

I was in fact asking you if you thought the good sheriff's birtherism had any legitimacy. I was not implying that was your point.

Longshanks
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 9:37 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
LunaticOnTheGrass wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

Longshanks

Longshanks

I was in fact asking you if you thought the good sheriff's birtherism had any legitimacy. I was not implying that was your point.

What relevancy does that have to my argument? Your modus operandi, from what I've seen, is to change the subject whenever I've been right because you have no further argument. What's the birther issue have to do with this?

Longshanks

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 12:19 pm

Longshanks wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
LunaticOnTheGrass wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

Longshanks

Longshanks

What relevancy does that have to my argument? Your modus operandi, from what I've seen, is to change the subject whenever I've been right because you have no further argument. What's the birther issue have to do with this?

Longshanks

It in fact reveals his racist motivations. If racism is the reason why he's obsessed with the President's birth certificate, then it can be argued that racism is the real cause behind his war on illegals.
See, there is a method to my madness.