NASA: THE TRUTH about the END OF THE WORLD on 21 Dec

Page 4 of 10 [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 2:03 pm

I think NASA made a mistake. If there are people contemplating suicide over that Mayan Doomsday Crap, they are obviously not very bright people. NASA should just troll them and say there is a humongous planet approaching Earth, convincing them to suicide and ensuring that 2013 will begin with 20% less idiots. Everybody wins.

Besides, if Final Fantasy VII has taught us anything, it is that a giant astronomical object approaching the Earth in a few days would be visible to the naked eye.

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 2:03 pm

Mutanatia wrote:
1) The main proponents behind something happening in 2012 are the New Agers. These people are gathering in France. The French, in the meantime, are going "WTF is wrong with these people? Can we go back to normal...please?!" :P The leader also thinks he is Quetzlcoatl. Wrong god, dude.

I live in France and frankly nobody here is going "WTF...". I've never even heard of these people nor such a gathering and I think most French people have never heard of them either. It is a non-event proposed by a few loonies that (almost) nobody has heard about.

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2012, 2:31 pm

TallyMan wrote:
Mutanatia wrote:
1) The main proponents behind something happening in 2012 are the New Agers. These people are gathering in France. The French, in the meantime, are going "WTF is wrong with these people? Can we go back to normal...please?!" :P The leader also thinks he is Quetzlcoatl. Wrong god, dude.

I live in France and frankly nobody here is going "WTF...". I've never even heard of these people nor such a gathering and I think most French people have never heard of them either. It is a non-event proposed by a few loonies that (almost) nobody has heard about.

So there's no people gathering on that mystical mountain? Well, that shoots a hole in that theory right there :P

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 2:36 pm

Mutanatia wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
Mutanatia wrote:
So there's no people gathering on that mystical mountain? Well, that shoots a hole in that theory right there :P

Folks seem to be stocking up and hording supplies on their own properties instead. I and my neighbors all have emergency generators, and I have about 60 days of emergency rations and water, plus a few firearms, but I've been doing this for over a decade.

I live in California's earthquake zone.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 2:48 pm

Another two weeks and all this nonsense will be chucked down the Memory Hole.

ruveyn

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2012, 3:05 pm

Fnord wrote:
Mutanatia wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
Mutanatia wrote:

Folks seem to be stocking up and hording supplies on their own properties instead. I and my neighbors all have emergency generators, and I have about 60 days of emergency rations and water, plus a few firearms, but I've been doing this for over a decade.

I live in California's earthquake zone.

Well, in an earthquake zone, it is more understandable. It's odd... I understand not to worry, I understand the WHY not to worry... but I'm still worried :/

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 4:07 pm

Mutanatia wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mutanatia wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
Mutanatia wrote:
Folks seem to be stocking up and hording supplies on their own properties instead. I and my neighbors all have emergency generators, and I have about 60 days of emergency rations and water, plus a few firearms, but I've been doing this for over a decade. I live in California's earthquake zone.
Well, in an earthquake zone, it is more understandable. It's odd... I understand not to worry, I understand the WHY not to worry... but I'm still worried :/

Then the conspiricist bustards have won. Their goals seem to include spreading fear and doubt, and they seem to have achieved their goals with you.

Fight it. You're much too intelligent to fall for their bullsnot.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2012, 4:09 pm

Okay... so let me ask my original question, buried up there somewhere: If one has an acute fear of the unknown, what is the best way to fight it? :)

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 4:19 pm

Mutanatia wrote:
Okay... so let me ask my original question, buried up there somewhere: If one has an acute fear of the unknown, what is the best way to fight it? :)

Knowledge. A dark room can be frightening - there could be ghosts or monsters hiding there. Turn on the light of knowledge and see that it is simply a room, nothing more.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 4:20 pm

Mutanatia wrote:

Confront it.

You fear the End Of The World. Confront that fear. On December 21, get up, get dressed, go to work/school and proceed through the day as you normally would. Do not hide yourself away or seek shelter. Flip off the sky every now and then, while you're at it. Laugh in the face of anyone who takes the "Mayan Prophesy" seriously.

Or just plant a tree today ... an apple tree ... if that's not an act of "Doomsday Defiance", I don't know what is.

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2012, 4:49 pm

Tallyman, can you define what you meant by "in the know?"

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 4:53 pm

Mutanatia wrote:
Tallyman, can you define what you meant by "in the know?"

Simply knowledge. Knowledge dispels fear and ignorance. Most of the people who are laughing at this end of the world myth have been educated in science and astronomy and have a pretty good idea of how the solar system works along with comets and other celestial objects. So we recognise BS and myths when we hear them.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 4:55 pm

Mutanatia wrote:

Ignore it. Life goes on.

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

― Frank Herbert, Dune

ruveyn

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2012, 4:58 pm

The one myth that was (somewhat) scientific in basis was Y2K, was it not? And that did not even happen. Do any of these people proposing these things have any scientific credentials at all?

Also, could you enlighten me with the knowledge you have? This might help me a lot, actually :D

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 5:07 pm

Mutanatia wrote:
The one myth that was (somewhat) scientific in basis was Y2K, was it not? And that did not even happen. Do any of these people proposing these things have any scientific credentials at all?

Also, could you enlighten me with the knowledge you have? This might help me a lot, actually :D

Only attending university and studying physics could give you sufficient knowledge to appreciate this. However, if you want to take the word of those of us who have, the bottom line is that if a huge planet was heading towards Earth on a collision course it would be visible by now and its gravitational effects would also be noticeable. There are a lot of sophisticated and powerful astronomical instruments pointed at the sky observing and tracking objects. The only ones we have difficulty tracking are the very small asteroids that typically are too small to do us any harm anyway (they burn up in the atmosphere) giving what is called a meteor shower.

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2012, 5:14 pm

Being a physics students, I guess I can ask, were any of my points accurate? :) If not, could you correct them? :D