alpineglow
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 3:34 pm

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 3:44 pm

The city council voted only to ban discrimination against anyone based on sexual orientation or gender identity.

They did not ban bias, nor did they specifically ban bias against gays.

This means that those planning the next all-male bachelor party at the VFW hall may be required to hire an equal number of male strippers as female strippers.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 3:52 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wHR3amJ5ko[/youtube]This clip was incliuded in the film Call Me Kuchu, which I saw at Duke's Playhouse at Lancaster last night. I thought it was the funniest bit of the whole film, but I guess I have a very twisted and dark sense of humour. Having said that, I felt deeply sorry for the immensely tough characters shown in the film and I felt very privileged to know them for half an hour.

I don't think I've ever been quite revolted by a character in a film - and this wasn't a film, it was a documentary - by the former editor of the viciously anti-gay newspaper Rolling Stone - in a long time. He made me want to heave.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 4:47 pm

It is a sad, sad day when an august institution like The New York Times loses touch with correct usage.

"Bias" is a predisposition in favour of a thing. One is biased towards gays, not against us. [/rant]

My heartiest congratulations to the commissioners of Vicco for demonstrating that acceptance of diversity is not the sole intellectual property of urban liberals.

J-Greens
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 6:12 pm

visagrunt wrote:
It is a sad, sad day when an august institution like The New York Times loses touch with correct usage.

Absolutely. You expect it in some "newspapers" but NYT? I thought they had standards... :roll:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 7:31 pm

Goes to show you, you can't judge a book by it's cover, or a town by accident of geographic location.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 9:37 pm

I'm still waiting for all biases to be corrected, not just one. One is better than none, of course, but our enlightened societies have a very long way to go.