Pope Benedict XVI will resign Feb. 28th, 2013

Page 5 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2013, 6:40 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Argentina means "land of Silver" not 'old spain".

The article is whacked about that.

Maybe Nostrodamus figured that someone from Argentina would be assumed to be of Spanish descent, and was making the point that 'no, he will have roots in northern Italy" instead.
But that would contradict him being "from Rome" which is in the middle of Italy (not the north) and unlike the Po Valley of the North was never part of Gaul (ie 'ancient France').

Not that I buy into any of this crap, but the Po river valley in fact had been colonized by Gauls fleeing from Germanic encroachment. So, while the region of the Po was not in Gaul, there had certainly been Gauls living there.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

glow
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 12:54 am

All i know is that a new pope should not be penalised for being new and such and so forth. you dont have to think in order to believe in your own faith and fate comes back on itself when people arent giving a dam and predjudice and corruption overpowers the need to be different in a free thinking democratic society.
christians and catholics seem to harbour the most guilt over laws not subjected to a god given crime mercy or dilema. it happens in the world every day where we can see what is happening and other times we cant.
so who covers these facts up ?

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 2:22 pm

auntblabby wrote:
what about all that talk about "petrus romanus"? is there anything about this new pope francis that is "petrus romanus"?

Not true, especially considering that the new pope took the name "Francis".

glow
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2013, 3:52 pm

The pope we have today is a lot calmer and bespoke than most popes who ruled before him and im not just saying that to get him off the hook of anything he says or does in the future.
All popes carry a legacy behind them, and by his record the odds seem defiant but not stacked against him.
would petrus romanus as someone else said be a better saviour if we all shaved our heads and took up a judist position in south-korea. I think not. anyway, people who are well doned for office prepare themselves well before any onslaught has been discarded long in their favour.

I vote in a Crimean context that those who unleash hatred to those above them, they only serve in self- denial much later on. when the war is far from over and especially destruction of peoples lack of say over referendums and such it will be back to the front lines waving a solitary flag at all civil right activists and recording it once more in the civilian book of archives.
Does a war condone hatred over its civilllians or steady a hovering mineshaft about to explode tyraney over forces above their perversed evil. At their request.

If a bomb was suddenly discovered in the aranian desert do you think the ira would come out and dispose of it in times of hardship and mutiny? no, needless to say my dear royal friends from Cambridge probably would have sought out the plot and tinkering on they decided it was best to give Armenia a wise old berth this time and seek out wounded soldiers in Afghanistan and deploy troops over to Ireland to ward off the famine.
Now, those are my heroes.