Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2013, 9:23 pm

http://www.news.com.au/weird-true-freak ... 6668587481

when they crossed to the webcam view there was a spider on the camera which made it look big. Would this have scared you?

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/te ... 5789720262

reminds me of the time the seagull landed behind this newsreader. It looked huge.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 6:32 am

Concubines of Satan! I hate spiders! :evil:

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 7:07 am

I would've been creeped out completely!

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 7:20 am

Clips like this are hilarious.

OddButWhy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 2:08 pm

That certainly would have startled me! Found a huge 3" spider in the basement a few weeks ago. Got it into a container then spent an hour online trying to figure out what it was and if it was dangerous. It was a fishing spider [Link], completely harmless, so I let it go outside. But for a while I thought I might need to fumigate to get rid of some infestation of deadly spiders! 8O

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 2:12 pm

OddButWhy wrote:
That certainly would have startled me! Found a huge 3" spider in the basement a few weeks ago. Got it into a container then spent an hour online trying to figure out what it was and if it was dangerous. It was a fishing spider [Link], completely harmless, so I let it go outside. But for a while I thought I might need to fumigate to get rid of some infestation of deadly spiders! 8O

Wow, nice of you saving it! :) I couldn't kill a spider because I'm so crazy to have phobia for big ones, good of you to put it outside.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 2:35 pm

OddButWhy wrote:

Is that 3" as in three inches?!?! My God, if that's the case, I'd lose control of my bowels with stark terror!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 3:03 pm

I would have been, " COOL!! !!" I like 'piders.I wish I had a big fuzzy one sitting on a red velvet pillow.

OddButWhy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 3:30 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
OddButWhy wrote:

Is that 3" as in three inches?!?! My God, if that's the case, I'd lose control of my bowels with stark terror!

Yeah, three inches! It was quite a surprise to turn around and see it on the wall behind me. 8O

YM, I thought of killing it, but that would have made a huge mess, and I don't like to kill things that aren't a threat. But I still didn't like the idea of sharing the house with it. Though maybe I could have charged it rent...

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 3:40 pm

The picture of the fishing spider does look similar to a wolf spider like the article says. I've seen wolf spiders with leg spans over 3 inches. I don't freak out over them but I do kill them whenever I find one.

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 3:47 pm

You know what the weirdest thing is? I saw Pholcus phlangoidas with a leg span of 12cm.... in Italy! In large quantities they were there sitting there in these old ruins. I saw one on the wall, and I said to my dad ''look at that one'', and he said ''above you?'' and there were DOZENS of them! I completely freaked out and jumped back and let him check me several times if there wasn't any on me :lol: They were ''vibrating'', don't ask me why. They weren't in webs, just sitting there with so many of them. I was wondering if they were mutants of some kind!

But really, Italy has huge spiders. If you look between the bricks there in brick walls you see these large fat brown and black ones sitting there, pushed between the stones...

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 4:29 pm

Raptor wrote:
The picture of the fishing spider does look similar to a wolf spider like the article says. I've seen wolf spiders with leg spans over 3 inches. I don't freak out over them but I do kill them whenever I find one.

Why?They eat bad bugs and don't bother anyone,I think you are afraid of them :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 5:52 pm

YourMajesty wrote:
You know what the weirdest thing is? I saw Pholcus phlangoidas with a leg span of 12cm.... in Italy! In large quantities they were there sitting there in these old ruins. I saw one on the wall, and I said to my dad ''look at that one'', and he said ''above you?'' and there were DOZENS of them! I completely freaked out and jumped back and let him check me several times if there wasn't any on me :lol: They were ''vibrating'', don't ask me why. They weren't in webs, just sitting there with so many of them. I was wondering if they were mutants of some kind!

But really, Italy has huge spiders. If you look between the bricks there in brick walls you see these large fat brown and black ones sitting there, pushed between the stones...

Remind me never to go to Italy.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 5:56 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Why?They eat bad bugs and don't bother anyone,I think you are afraid of them :lol:

Normal people don't care to have spiders in their houses but whatever. :roll:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 6:09 pm

Raptor wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Who would want to be normal??Sounds dull to me.Yawn.Normal people are boring beyond belief.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2013, 6:14 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Who would want to be normal??Sounds dull to me.Yawn.Normal people are boring beyond belief.

Well then, I must be the most exciting person on earth. :D
But I still hate spiders.