Page 6 of 9 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 1:31 pm

All I'm worried about is the people who were relatives of the passengers on that missing plane. That means they have lost their loved ones, and were trusting planes to be safe.

I am never trusting a plane again. What if the same happens to my family when they go on a plane at the end of this year....? :cry:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 6:06 pm

Inventor wrote:
Dead men do not fly below radar. If it was a political suicide, nose down after takeoff, slam into the sea, or a government building.

Screw You! I took it and there is nothing you can do but shoot down the passengers. The shoot down did not happen, the plane flew on.

The 777 is not made for flying below radar, the air is thicker, it uses more fuel, but it can be done.

I remember huge bombers over New Mexico, very low, hugging the ground, following the terrain through the mountains. They were also flying slow, which concerves fuel.

Their goal was to evade Russian or Chinese ground radar during a war. So it can be done.

Now as for claims from our trillion dollar defense contractors, "If it is as large as a basketball, and this side of the moon, we are tracking it..." The ability to read license plates from space, follow one man through a city, now seem like, can leap tall buildings in a single bound.

9/11, we cannot find the planes we know were hyjacked, because the Transponders were turned off.

The same people claim they can stop a wave of sub launched atomic warheads, coming from a hundred miles off shore. It would only take a few to generate an electromagnetic pulse that would fry every electronic device, and have sparks shooting out of bed springs.

The thing that stands out, someone has shown it can be done.

The 777 does pack some cargo, and one coming from Japan could be shot down and replaced by another with the same Transponder signal, and fly over America without question. Japan is known for sneak attacks.

North Korea published a plan to drop atomic warheads from freighters off the American east and west coast.

The resulting tsunami would take out most of the population. Bomb them, they all go off, try to remove them, they all go off, and proving who put them there would be impossible.

Russia is our strong enemy, thousands of nukes. China only has 200, North Korea maybe ten.

The strong enemy can overpower your defenses, the weak enemy must find a way through them.

My guess is it went north, landed on time, but in western China, and vanished into a military hanger, cave, to be studied, and for future use.

China is confronting US power in the East Asia Region.

Yes- some evidence points to it sitting as we speak in an airhanger in Shangri Lai. But it would have have had the permission of the Chinese regime to land in Shangri Lai. Which would mean China is behind it.

Pilot-as-hijacker is as likely as any other scenario in this bizarre assortment we have of nothing-but-unlikely scenarios to choose from.

Maybe the Malaysian pilot was on the secret payroll of China to steal a 777. The 777 is a civilian craft but it probably has some kind of advanced stuff of military interest that the Chinese want to reverse engineer. Or maybe the Chinese want to copy it to manufacture so they can export cheap knockoffs of our airlines to compete with us in the market- nothing to do with military confrontation. Its industrial espionage for money.

But- its a helluva way to go about doing either thing- kidnapping 230 people just to take snapshots of avionic circuitry.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 6:25 pm

Good question of just what avionic whiz-bang they would want to get their hands on. The speculation is running towards loading it with explosives, or a nuke, and re-painting it and re-imaging the transponder to appear as something else. Then they would fly it towards Los Angeles ?? San Francisco ?? Seattle ?? Pearl Harbor ??

Conspiracy Stuff
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/03/18 ... cret-base/

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 8:46 pm

khaoz wrote:
I don't know anything about technology, :D but if it is possible to make this plane appear to have vanished, is it not technologically possible that it has been taken to a location to alter the instrumentation that identifies the airplane digitally, repaint the plane, and turn it into a missle, or bomb, and redirect it to a target?

That reminded me of Job Bluth making a yacht disappear.

So I'm reading all of this stuff, transponder, avoiding radar, etc. Is there no chance that this plane just crashed? Are we sure it was foul play? Seems like wild conspiracy theories started the instant it went missing.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 8:51 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Hate to base wild speculation on two unconfirmed facts. But if both of those bits are true (seven hours as the time span of the flight, and the cell phone thing) then its a game changer.

If the cell phones all work then the plane could not be on the bottom of the ocean (where it would most likely be if it crashed).
It's not crashed as the 'black box' has not been detected sending out a beacon.

And if it was in the air not five, but all of seven, hours than the radius on the circle of the above map would be even wider ( about 4000 miles wide).

North WEST of Thailand is probably what they meant. Four thousand mile northwest of Malaysia via Thailand could put it in one of the several Islamic former Soviet republics (now seperate countries).

One of several Islamic Soviet Republics with a 1000 foot runway?

Would it really require pavement? Couldn't it be any large flat(ish) piece of land? Even with some overgrowth on it, would that really matter. Somewhere in the middle of nowhere where nobody would see it? I'm not saying I think that's true, just it's probably possible.

yohji
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Mar 2014, 6:59 am

naturalplastic wrote:
to get to an Islamic state in central asia

naturalplastic wrote:
Four thousand mile northwest of Malaysia via Thailand could put it in one of the several Islamic former Soviet republics (now seperate countries).

???

As far as I know, there are no Islamic states in Central Asia. None of the 5 'stans (the former Soviet republics, now separate countries you mention) are Islamic states.

Afghanistan is an Islamic state. As are Iran and Pakistan.

Yes, they are neighbors, you could lump them all together as being in the same general region, but they're typically not considered Central Asia (and certainly not former Soviet republics).

The point is: there is a difference between a religion being prevalent in a state and a state being ruled by its principles.

Is there not?

Would it be accurate to call the US 'the Christian Republic of the United States'? Or Japan 'the Buddhist State of Japan'? Or India 'the Hindu Republic of India'?

I can understand the enthusiasm to want to emphasize the Muslim part as loudly as possible, and the juiciness it adds to your story, but spreading misinformation about a region that's little known as is?

As for the theory itself, the very basic knowledge of the regimes would suggest that they probably wouldn't want to get their hands in on something of this sort (for very obvious reasons), but how would I know the inner workings of anything? I don't.

Prof_Pretorius wrote:

It's nice to see Islamic + Soviet coexisting. :P
I don't know about runways unfortunately.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2014, 8:10 am

Al Qaeda and the Taliban have denied any involvement. Their response was along the lines of "yeah we wish lol"

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2014, 10:50 am

yohji wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
to get to an Islamic state in central asia

naturalplastic wrote:
Four thousand mile northwest of Malaysia via Thailand could put it in one of the several Islamic former Soviet republics (now seperate countries).

???

As far as I know, there are no Islamic states in Central Asia. None of the 5 'stans (the former Soviet republics, now separate countries you mention) are Islamic states.

Afghanistan is an Islamic state. As are Iran and Pakistan.

Yes, they are neighbors, you could lump them all together as being in the same general region, but they're typically not considered Central Asia (and certainly not former Soviet republics).

The point is: there is a difference between a religion being prevalent in a state and a state being ruled by its principles.

Is there not?

Would it be accurate to call the US 'the Christian Republic of the United States'? Or Japan 'the Buddhist State of Japan'? Or India 'the Hindu Republic of India'?

I can understand the enthusiasm to want to emphasize the Muslim part as loudly as possible, and the juiciness it adds to your story, but spreading misinformation about a region that's little known as is?

As for the theory itself, the very basic knowledge of the regimes would suggest that they probably wouldn't want to get their hands in on something of this sort (for very obvious reasons), but how would I know the inner workings of anything? I don't.

Prof_Pretorius wrote:

It's nice to see Islamic + Soviet coexisting. :P
I don't know about runways unfortunately.

Prof pretorius brought up the subject of islamic states.

Not I.

I think his scenario was unlikely, but I gave it a spin as a thought experiment to explain this wierd event for the sake of argument anyway.

But yes I did misspeak by calling them "Islamic States" when I shoulda said "predominently Muslim countries with varying degrees of democracy and secularism".

Some former soviet republics are dictatorships (though ostensible secular dictatorships), while others are quite democratic and secular (notably the largest of the Asian former soviet republics-Kazahkistan). Some are having a resurgence of Islamic fervor in their societies (now that the yoke of communism, and Russianism, is gone). But though some of the central asian countries might be writing some of the Koran into thier lawbooks they dont have ayatollahs actually in charge of the government.

One of the smaller "stans" (forget which one) has a rather nasty dictator whom a novelist might imagine seeking to ally himself with Jihadist, but yeah- even he isnt really known for being an 'Islamist".

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2014, 11:26 am

And now a former Israeli chief of staff points the finger at Iran.

http://www.newsmax.com/NewsmaxTv/iran-m ... id/560348/

Some frequently asked questions.

http://www.today.com/news/cant-we-track ... 2D79402022

Now here is something I've never seen before, a world map of where large aircraft have disappeared. Thanks to ForteanTimes for posting this ! !!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/03 ... 77551.html

And now for something completely different: A Black Hole Swallowed The Plane
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnns-don-lem ... o-missing/

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2014, 2:34 am

possible sighting 2500km west from Perth

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2014, 6:04 am

The latest weather forecast from the south of Perth indicates visibility is only 1km so it's very unlikely the wreckage will be spotted. However given the size of the object (24m long) it's likely to be either a remains of a ship or plane fuselage.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2014, 9:35 am

Mystery solved.Heard this in the store yesterday.Obama's behind it. :roll:

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2014, 10:58 am

Debris found near Oz ??? Isn't that a bit far for the plane to have flown ??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ntion.html

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2014, 12:25 pm

Not at all. 6.5 hour flight plan to Beijing, plus fuel for an alternate (most likely Shanghai), plus a buffer for contingency--that should provide for the 8 or so hours of flying time that the aircraft stayed aloft--that's enough to get to the Southern Indian Ocean.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2014, 3:07 pm

Yes.

Kuala Lampur Malaysia seems to be actually much closer to the northwest coast of Australia than it is to Beijing China.

Just measured it on a map just now. If you start your journey from Kuala Lampur and go the same distance as Bejing but aim yourself at Australia you would not only reach the Australian northwest coast you would penetrate several hundred miles well inland into the desert outback!

Last edited by naturalplastic on 20 Mar 2014, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arran
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Mar 2014, 6:07 pm

There's a very interesting theory by Keith Ledgerwood that MH370 switched off its transponders then changed course to enter the flightpath of aircraft SIA68 that was flying from Singapore to Spain. MH370 caught up with SIA68 then flew very close by, possibly on top of it, across the Bay of Bengal. When both aircraft entered the airspace of India they showed up as one single blip on the primary radar and only the transponder information of SIA68 would be received by air traffic control and the military tricking them into thinking that there was only one aircraft rather than two. Both aircraft proceeded across India and into the airspace of Pakistan whilst all the time showing up as just one on radar and ATC transceivers. Somewhere over Turkmenistan or Kyrgyzstan out of the range of radar the two aircraft split away from each other. SIA68 continued flying to Spain and MH370 was landed in some remote part of Central Asia or China. These final locations are a perfect match up with the 7.5 hours of total flight time on the northern curve generated using the pings of data received by Inmarsat.

http://mh370shadow.com/