Page 2 of 9 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 9:09 pm

experimental air force plane called a manta ray fits that description.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 9:14 pm

There are a lot of sightings of 'flying triangles', usually black with lights at the three tips.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 12:53 am

TallyMan wrote:
Wreckage will no doubt turn up before much longer. The stolen passports were likely associated with illegal immigration, apparently it is quite common. Anybody's guess what the cause of the crash will be at the moment though.

So far no wreckage. A door thought to be from the plane and an oil slick turned out to be false leads. Mid air explosions usually leads to debri spread over a wide area so therefore no explosion. The two holders of the stolen passports have been identified as illegal migrants trying to seek passage to the US. Not likely terrorists. On the issue of plane suddenly losing altitude there was no distress signal from the pilots? Passengers caught unawares should still have had time to switch their phones back from flight mode and send a message. Of course if they had reason to panic then perhaps that's unlikely.

In this day and age I don't understand why planes aren't fitted with tracking devices?

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 2:34 am

Good info here
Web Page Name

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Mar 2014, 10:21 am

What is odd is that the Malaysian military apparently knew from the beginning that the plane had taken a sharp turn, and tracked it as it flew intact/at normal speeds towards the West for over an hour/70 mins, last trace somewhere in northern Malacca Straits, and didn't tell anyone ( outside the country/media ) until today/last night.

But the Malaysian govt/authorities must have known because they looked in that direction from the start, *and* the Chinese knew too, that the Malaysian authorities were covering something up/misleading people because the Chinese govt expressed considerable ( and v "pointed" ) disgust with, and concern about the way that the Malaysian investigation was going.

Wonder whether the plane has blown up since then? And why it went so far off course/in opposite direction to planned flight. Had it suffered a massive computer system breakdown and tried to navigate along the nearest/visible coastline in any direction? ... Couldn't it find anywhere to land? It's very odd.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 12:32 pm

Wild Theories about the missing plane

http://news.msn.com/world/wild-theories ... sian-plane

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 12:34 pm

god knows what dirty things the Malaysians are covering up.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 3:19 pm

auntblabby wrote:
god knows what dirty things the Malaysians are covering up.

I wouldn't be surprised if a group starts demanding the "truth" in the same fashion many to this day demand the "truth" about Pan Am 103 and TWA 800.

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 4:25 pm

A weird airplane story for you.

A few years ago they were testing one of the latest fighter jets, it wasn't the Eurofighter or that latest Boeing thing but it was fly by wire with computers controlling everything. The aircraft passed every one of the tests perfectly and it was only when the aircraft entered service that a fatal problem was discovered.

The plane had been developed in the Northern Hemisphere and the first time one of the aircraft flew South across the equator it flipped onto its back and the pilot barely escaped with his life before the plane crashed into the ocean. An examination of the flight computer code found that Southern latitudes were expressed as minus numbers and as soon as the aircraft crossed the equator it thought it was flying upside down.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 5:53 pm

We may never know. Depending on how much fuel it had it could have flown for a while and ended up at the bottom of the ocean.

or maybe it was landed somewhere secret.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 7:31 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
We may never know. Depending on how much fuel it had it could have flown for a while and ended up at the bottom of the ocean.

or maybe it was landed somewhere secret.

This is turning out to be a very interesting incident. The mitigating factor against it landing is the sheer size of this behemoth, it's a 777 ! ! Tough to land one of those except in a international airport with a looong runway. If it was hijacked, why hasn't any group stepped forward to take credit, or present their demands. Why did it change course?? Why were the transponders turned off?? When is Boeing going to hide that switch ?? The only thing I can think of is that it was shot down by a missile on purpose to demonstrate that it could be done.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2014, 2:30 am

ouinon wrote:
What is odd is that the Malaysian military apparently knew from the beginning that the plane had taken a sharp turn, and tracked it as it flew intact/at normal speeds towards the West for over an hour/70 mins, last trace somewhere in northern Malacca Straits, and didn't tell anyone ( outside the country/media ) until today/last night.

But the Malaysian govt/authorities must have known because they looked in that direction from the start, *and* the Chinese knew too, that the Malaysian authorities were covering something up/misleading people because the Chinese govt expressed considerable ( and v "pointed" ) disgust with, and concern about the way that the Malaysian investigation was going. .

Malaysian Air Force Captain now saying he was mis quoted and he didn't say the plane flew west over the Malacca Strait. Why wait until now to correct that? people have been searching there for 2 days

something going on here

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2014, 2:39 am

they said the plane had enough fuel to get to india or whereabouts. can a plane land in a country and not be noticed?

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2014, 2:20 pm

This just in ….
Spy satellites did not detect any mid-air explosion.
So if it didn't blow up, where did it go ???
(Cue the Twilight Zone music.)

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missin ... hed-n51061

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2014, 2:22 pm

there is something fishy in Denmark.