Shooting Spree in Isla Vista, California

Page 7 of 15 [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Skullbug
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 May 2014, 12:53 am

I still have the feeling that there will be more focus on his Asperger's than his overt misogyny. You can't blame a Nice Guy, after all. :roll:

Disraeli
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 May 2014, 12:53 am

This guy reminds me of a lot of members that post in L&D.

KB8CWB
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 1:03 am

khaoz wrote:
Someone who would rather die fighting than live in a world where there were no guns permitted is a person who is already a slave. If you are that attached to guns, or anything else, especially a material object, you have no freedom. As matter of fact, if you are that wrapped up in guns or any other material object you dont even know what freedom is.

[img][800:400]http://i59.tinypic.com/6h7uz7.jpg[/img]

Jacoby wrote:
There's no such thing as a world without guns, you can't uninvent the wheel. I'm more afraid the police then I am crazed killers, you're statistically much more likely to die by a cop.

You are very correct!

Raptor wrote:
Even then it's a weak theory. Some of my guns don't even exist on paper. You have to find them all and risk armed conflict with the current owner each time. I'd rather die fighting than live in a world like that.

I couldn't agree with you more sir!! None of mine exist on paper and it will stay that way!!

Last edited by KB8CWB on 25 May 2014, 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

JBlitzen
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 May 2014, 1:07 am

DukeJanTheGrey wrote:
Here we again in. Hold on I have Asperger's and I can get laid in my sleep. Looking back though I'd sooner not have, quite a traumatic experience that one. I think the problem with this guy is not that he had Asperger's but that he was a complete and utter tit, well that's Dr Greys diagnosis of him.

I know a guy who talks like this guy seems to have. I can't say whether or not he's on the autism spectrum, but he's been clinically diagnosed as schizophrenic. Also not sure how that's related to his deranged and self-centered style of talking when off his meds, but it clearly is.

Curious to see whether any information along those lines comes out, given that this kid's father is connected.

Jijifranko
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 May 2014, 2:16 am

DukeJanTheGrey wrote:
Hold on I have Asperger's and I can get laid in my sleep. Looking back though I'd sooner not have, quite a traumatic experience that one.

Maybe it would have been less traumatic if you and your 'buddy' had ensured that you were awake during the event. Or before it began. ;)

This event has struck a few familiar chords, not all of them pleasant. Rodgers reminds me of myself, when I was in my early-to-mid teens: his brand of resentment and sexual frustration, particularly the manner in which he gave expression to it on his videos, seems eerily reminiscent of my previous childish attitudes. Though that is where the extent of our similarity stops - I would never have allowed myself to fulfil murderous fantasies nor give voice to narcissism - it is close enough to make me feel deeply uncomfortable. He reminds me of how easy it would have been to surrender (life always seems more peaceful, even rejuvenating*, when you stop pushing against a force that you believe is repelling you) and jump down that same abysmal precipice. It was only through sheer good fortune, and possibly a lot of patience, that I encountered a few good people - such as my partner, Daniel - who took me gently in hand and helped to make in me a new clean heart.

* Perhaps this is why Rodgers saw his 'Day of Retribution' (his surrender to the darkness) as an apotheosis: an elevation to god-hood; a relieving of burden.

abkala1
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 May 2014, 3:02 am

Now he'll be a virgin for all eternity.

Jijifranko
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 May 2014, 3:18 am

As Nabokov never said, "Our life is but a brief crack of shite between two eternities."

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 3:39 am

I never watched his final video, or any of the videos he has posted for that matter, but just from reading the script of his last video, I could tell that this guy was an oxygen-stealing, overly-entitled, hateful scumbag. Aspie or not, this guy was an as*hole, and the world is much better off without him. It is unfortunate that he took six innocent people down with him though. :(

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 4:13 am

Whilst there's some outliers (such as me and my ability to get the chicks), most of those with AS will be beyond hopeless to make friends and relations.

And it's understandable how it leads to someone becoming a group unto themselves and they blame an entire group for their medically caused failures. Yelling "misogynist" in this case doesn't help, nor is it the reason. And anyone labeling someone with an ASD such because they're disgruntled and venting due to not getting chicks/dudes is wrong -- they can't help it, literally.

This doesn't defend murder, but it's something people shouldn't overlook.

It's easy for therapists to offer advice, but they don't organize or actually do anything tangible for the high functioning folk.

Organizing a date [or dates] for the guy way back may have prevented it.

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 4:16 am

Dillogic wrote:
Whilst there's some outliers (such as me and my ability to get the chicks), most of those with AS will be beyond hopeless to make friends and relations.

And it's understandable how it leads to someone becoming a group unto themselves and they blame an entire group for their medically caused failures.

It's easy for therapists to offer advice, but they don't organize or actually do anything tangible for the high functioning folk.

It's actually good that he died a virgin and that nobody wanted him. Guys like this should never, EVER have a relationship or anything similar. I wouldn't want to confront this horrible person (it was obvious he was horrible) with anyone. Nobody deserves to date such a sicko because he feels lonely.

There's no reason in him. If he'd had sex he'd still be pathologically angry because they weren't pretty enough, or not often enough, or whatever. He'd still be this person.

(not a native speaker)

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 4:23 am

Sometimes psychopaths get misdiagnosed as aspies (sometimes deliberately, I've seen blog of one who admits doing so because people trust aspies more).

That's what this guy reads as to me - a psychopath (as well as one of these ridiculously entitled so-called "nice guys" who just went a bit further than most in acting out his anger).

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 4:29 am

It's also easy to think that too.

But what of hate boiling under the surface for ages due to forced social isolation? Even the nicest person can do terrible things when they hit a certain point. You take all social and empathetic contact from a normal person and they'll be a non-functioning mess in short order in the least.

It's going to keep on happening, and the killers are going to be labeled with the same asocial disorders.

And the useless therapy will continue, people will continue to say "ASDs don't mean you're a potential murderer!" (No, they don't, but there's an over-representation in these type of events for those with certain disorders, ASDs included.) People will continue to talk about objects.

Yet, no one is helping the socially isolated people (who don't want to be socially isolated) in tangible ways.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 4:38 am

Dillogic wrote:

And it's understandable how it leads to someone becoming a group unto themselves and they blame an entire group for their medically caused failures. Yelling "misogynist" in this case doesn't help, nor is it the reason. And anyone labeling someone with an ASD such because they're disgruntled and venting due to not getting chicks/dudes is wrong -- they can't help it, literally.

It is not 'yelling "misogynist"', it is observing that a man went on a killing spree because he felt entitled to women, didn't get them, and hated them for it. It is both astounding and depressingly quotidian that his plain, stated reason for his killing is overlooked. Aspergers. Guns. Narcissism. Psychopathy. Loneliness. His dad having been asst director on a film that has violence in it, even. All these will be pondered over before looking at his stated reason, and that the entitlement behind it is not at all rare. It is an applause worthy level of denial.

Organising a date for an entitled misogynist would not have helped matters. What would have helped is him being explained, time and time and time again until he grasped the matter, that he - like every other man - is not entitled to a woman's body.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 4:38 am

What do you suggest, then? That people have sex with him ven though they don't want him? (otherwise he'd probably had sex at some point or at least have kissed)

(not a native speaker)

R_odin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 May 2014, 4:43 am

One cannot be forced into social contacts or sex, it has to happen naturally. He could easily pay for one night in Vegas, but he'd still feel like a loser, maybe even more. Same with seeing a therapist who's an NT and gives advice "go out and make friends". Yeah, thanks a-hole.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 4:57 am

As for the discussion about the legality of guns... I don't care if they are everywhere and that they've been around for years. That does not make something right. We are responsible for making a better future regardless of the status quo. We are such a violent nation with even more violent origins and that legacy is in the obscene murder rate in this country. Everyone wants to be armed to the teeth because we love our 2nd amendment rights and are so distrustful of each other. If we don't fix our hatred and mistrust amongst ourselves, we are just going to get more retaliatory toward each other and we will suffer until we choose otherwise.