Shooting Spree in Isla Vista, California

Page 1 of 15 [ 231 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 9:59 am

Reuters

Quote:
This incident appears to be a mass murder situation," Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown told a televised news conference. "We currently have seven people confirmed dead, that includes the suspect and six victims.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 10:49 am

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/24/justice/c ... ?hpt=hp_t1
Apparently, the shooter had a grudge against women. Say what you will about my attitude towards them in my darkest hours, but at least I don't go on rampages like this guy did.

flamingshorts
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2014, 10:58 am

Seen his video? Seems like some kind of Bond villain in his own mind. Evil laugh and all. It's so over the top it appears kind of scripted or fake in some way.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 11:09 am

flamingshorts wrote:
Seen his video? Seems like some kind of Bond villain in his own mind. Evil laugh and all. It's so over the top it appears kind of scripted or fake in some way.

Yup. Elliot Rodger - truly disturbing.

telegraph

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 11:13 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OPUroqSQu0
About two minutes in, and my assessment is already in: Elliot Rodger is/was a narcissistic psychopath. If he didn't go on a shooting spree, I bet he would have gone on to be a serial killer.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

24 May 2014, 11:40 am

Ugh, don't be surprised if they start saying this guy is on the spectrum.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 11:47 am

There's a big difference between autism spectrum disorders and psychopaths like this dirtbag.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 12:04 pm

Well, he seems to have been specifically motivated by a rage against women - all women. I'm not sure if this or his slow drive through the neighborhood engaging and then shooing his victims is the more disturbing.

Ghostgirl
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 May 2014, 1:38 pm

CBC news confirmed that he was diagnosed with aspergers.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 1:40 pm

will be very interested as this investigation progresses, to see who has influenced this kid to this point. The videos he watches, the music he listens to, because he seems to be trying very hard to emulate the speech patterns of someone else. Someone specific. I don't think his words are rehearsed but his delivery sure is. His sneer in the last video is actually scary because it is inconsistent. He was holding back some serious rage in that video. Totally different sound in that last video than any of the previous ones. Someone was crawling around all over the inside of this kids brain and I really want to know who it is. Or was.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 1:41 pm

Wonderful. I guess people are going to push for a ban on autistics. :roll:

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 1:42 pm

I think he is a evil minded monster, to my mind if you can not get your "wicked way" (have sex) then killing off the people you are attracted to is a super stupid thing to do. It also shows me the level of depravity this excuse which was posing as a man reached.

In some ways I wish I could have been one of the cops who stopped this vile monster.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 1:54 pm

His Facebook page, nothing in his likes or interests reflect anything of his tone or attitude on his youtube channel. No FB friends, but I wonder if he just had an immediate unfriending suddenly, either as a result of this shooting or just prior to. Looks privileged even. Something is missing here. I don't think it is anything to do with ASD, but I wonder about DID. There are more than one him in that melon.

NathanElwin
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 May 2014, 2:01 pm

His personality seems to have been heavily infused with narcissism -- in particular, his Facebook Timeline indicates an obsession with his own face (primarily) and his car (a close second).

Brings to mind that old Queen tune "I'm in love with my car".

Definitely a different Cylon model than I am, is all I can say with certainty.

---Nathan

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 2:06 pm

Ghostgirl wrote:
CBC news confirmed that he was diagnosed with aspergers.

Can you cite your reference. I cannot find this with a google search.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 2:07 pm

NathanElwin wrote:
His personality see4ms to have been heavily infused with narcissism -- in particular, his Facebook Timeline indicates an obsession with his own face (primarily) and his car (a close second).

Brings to mind that old Queen tune "I'm in love with my car".

Definitely a different Cylon model than I am, is all I can say with certainty.

---Nathan

The way he spoke in his first set of YT videos is completely different than in the last one. I wonder who he was copying when he was not showing his face that he erased in the final video. Like a bad imitation of someone trying to imitate a wigger. Yo, yo gangsta inflection and tone when face not on cam. self absorbed narcissist in the last video.