Shooting Spree in Isla Vista, California

Page 4 of 15 [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next

Skullbug
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 May 2014, 4:50 pm

Quote:
Will we ever get past this, because the discourse is too polarized for solutions.

Probably never. There's bound to a copycat shooting or two somewhere. And then another lone nut (maybe more) will eventually come out of the woodwork, and the process starts all over again.

ehymw
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 4:52 pm

Here's a transcript of his insane rant:

"Hi, Elliot Rodger here.

Well? this is my last video. It all has to come to this.

Tomorrow is the day of retribution. The day in which I will have my revenge against humanity. Against all of you.

For the last 8 years of my life, ever since I?ve hit puberty, I?ve been forced to endure an existence of loneliness, rejection, and unfulfilled desires. All because girls have never been attracted to me.

Girls gave their affection, and sex, and love, to other men but never to me.

I?m 22 years old and I?m still a virgin. I?ve never even kissed a girl.

I?ve been through college for two and a half years, more than that actually, and I?m still a virgin.

It has been very torturous.

College is the time when everyone experiences those things such as sex, and fun, and pleasure. But in those years I?ve had to rot in loneliness.

It?s not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me.

I don?t know why you girls aren?t attracted to me, but I will punish you all for it.

It?s an injustice, a crime, because I don?t know what you don?t see in me. I?m the perfect guy, and yet you throw yourselves at all these obnoxious men, instead of me, the supreme gentlemen.

I will punish all of you for it. (laughs)

On the day of retribution I am going to enter the hottest sorority house of UCSB? and I will slaughter every single spoiled, stuck-up, blonde slut I see inside there.

All those girls that I?ve desired so much, they would?ve all rejected me and looked down upon me as an inferior man if I ever made a sexual advance towards them while they throw themselves at these obnoxious brutes.

I will take great pleasure in slaughtering all of you.

You will finally see that I am in truth the superior one. The true alpha male. (laughs)

Yes, after I?ve annihilated every single girl in the sorority house, I?ll take to the streets of Isla Vista, and slay every single person I see there.

All those popular kids who live such lives of hedonistic pleasure while I?ve had to rot in loneliness for all these years, they?ve all looked down upon me every time I try to go out and join them. They?ve all treated me like a mouse.

Well now, I will be a God compared to you. You will all be animals. You are animals, and I will slaughter you like animals. I will be a God, exacting my retribution, on all those who deserve it.

And you do deserve it, just for the crime of living a better life than me.

All you popular kids. You?ve never accepted me, and now you?ll all pay for it.

And girls, all I?ve ever wanted was to love you, and to be loved by you. I?ve wanted a girlfriend, I?ve wanted sex, I?ve wanted love, affection, adoration, but you think I?m unworthy of it.

That?s a crime that can never be forgiven.

If I can?t have you, girls, I will destroy you. (laughs)

You denied me a happy life, and in turn, I will deny all of you life. (laughs) It?s only fair.

I hate all of you, humanity is a disgusting, wretched, depraved species. If I had it in my power, I would stop at nothing, to reduce every single one of you to mountains of skulls and rivers of blood, and rightfully so.

You deserve to be annihilated. And I?ll give that to you.

You never showed me any mercy, and so I will show you none. (laughs)

You force me to suffer all my life, and now I?ll make you all suffer.

I?ve waited a long time for this.

I?ll give you exactly what you deserve."

I'm thinking he was more of a narcissist than an aspie.

If he was that desperate for female contact why didn't he go to a strip club?

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 4:55 pm

Hopper wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
He is being called autistic on another chat forum.I was hoping that this was not true and just speculation.Haven't heard anything about it on CNN.

Unfortunately:

"But Peter Rodger's lawyer, Alan Shifman, said on Saturday that the "family believes the child was the perpetrator".

He said the son had Asperger's syndrome, had trouble making friends and had been receiving professional help. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-27561127

i wonder why he felt the need to refer to the gunman as a "child", over and over again--are we meant to feel sorry for poor narcissistic psychopathic elliot? good grief. :roll: so much wrong with this.....

Last edited by starvingartist on 24 May 2014, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghostgirl
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 May 2014, 4:56 pm

Not to stir up the pot, but being that there has been some very high profile shootings linked to males with aspergers, should people with our condition be allowed to own guns.
I haven't heard of any women with aspergers going on rampages, but we do seem to end up being victims of violence.

ehymw
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 4:58 pm

starvingartist wrote:
Hopper wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
He is being called autistic on another chat forum.I was hoping that this was not true and just speculation.Haven't heard anything about it on CNN.

Unfortunately:

"But Peter Rodger's lawyer, Alan Shifman, said on Saturday that the "family believes the child was the perpetrator".

He said the son had Asperger's syndrome, had trouble making friends and had been receiving professional help. "

i wonder why he felt the need to refer to the gunman as a "child", over and over again--are we meant to feel sorry for poor narcissistic psychopathic peter? good grief. :roll: so much wrong with this.....

That's what many (most?) parents see their children as no matter how old they are.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 5:24 pm

Unquestionably a narcissist. You only have to listen the last 20 seconds of video.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 5:29 pm

He was a misogynist. Do a mental find/replace of that transcript with 'black' or 'gay', and imagine he'd gone to, say, a black neighbourhood or gay bar or what have you, and there'd be no doubt as to the motivation.

But the 'issue' for debate will be guns/aspergers/mental illness.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 5:31 pm

Hopper wrote:
He was a misogynist. Do a mental find/replace of that transcript with 'black' or 'gay', and imagine he'd gone to, say, a black neighbourhood or gay bar or what have you, and there'd be no doubt as to the motivation.

it makes me want to cry for several reasons, how accurate this statement is.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 5:32 pm

Ghostgirl wrote:
Not to stir up the pot, but being that there has been some very high profile shootings linked to males with aspergers, should people with our condition be allowed to own guns.

I guess that's a question, sans the ? mark.
Allowed to own guns?
You know, there are probably some people that need an official diagnosis that are reluctant to get one because of this mentality.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 5:32 pm

ehymw wrote:
starvingartist wrote:
Hopper wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Unfortunately:

i wonder why he felt the need to refer to the gunman as a "child", over and over again--are we meant to feel sorry for poor narcissistic psychopathic peter? good grief. :roll: so much wrong with this.....

That's what many (most?) parents see their children as no matter how old they are.

Well, the interesting thing is he is 'the child', not their child. Also, I'd have thought 'the son' a more natural description, if we're going with 'the' rather than 'their'. It's a distancing thing, I think, but I'm not sure how purposeful.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 5:34 pm

Hopper wrote:

He scapegoated women for his problems. And focused his rage on them. This hatred is a symptom of something else I think, though. I just hope it's a jumble of things and not just autism. He appears to be narcissistic for sure. But what do I know. Maybe it was pent up sexual tension.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 5:38 pm

All that bloodshed just because no girl wanted to suck on his dick.

ruveyn

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 5:38 pm

Ghostgirl wrote:
I haven't heard of any women with aspergers going on rampages, but we do seem to end up being victims of violence.

In most of those cases, the Asperger's condition is only speculation. In this particular case listen to what this guy says, he talks about being the perfect person, gentlemen, etc. it's not Asperger's that made him do what he did it is a personality disorder. This guy felt that he was entitled to women's affections more than other people. He felt above other people. He wanted to punish women for denying him what he was entitled to. He had no concept of equality or women having the right to choose as they wish. In his mind the women owe him and he is taking it as a personal insult that they lavish their affections on less deserving people. Indeed, in many of the cases of mass shootings personality disorder was present, yet oddly many people focus on Asperger's when it wasn't even clear that the perpetrators were on the spectrum.

Last edited by Rascal77s on 24 May 2014, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 5:39 pm

Ghostgirl wrote:

I can think of 3, I believe non-autistic people have a much higher rate of violence.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 5:44 pm

Statistically, people with Aspergers may well be more likely to go on shooting sprees.

However, the number of spree killers is so low that the increase in probability is insignificant. Though that fact will be lost on people who don't understand the basics of probability maths.

His video is very... interesting. It appears he had already made up his mind the night before and specified his plan. Was the video released after the shooting, then? Or did anyone else watch it before?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 5:57 pm

He could have remedied his 22 year old virgin status by renting a whore.