Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 11:51 am

I prefer skirts to pants. But in the winter mostly jeans. OOM mentioned that they were a gender blending trend of the ‘70s and I agree.
Women wearing pants and later miniskirts too.

brett0007
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jan 2015, 12:25 pm

Frankly I don't see the point of Gendering clothes,

just ware what's comfortable to you.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 4:15 pm

I just realized my pic wouldn't load.

Anyway, if you're a Hetalia fan, you might get a kick out of this. XD Don't worry, it's nothing bad, just England in a kilt with America giving an enthusiastic thumbs up.
http://hero-of-awesome.deviantart.com/a ... -198484464

Credit goes to: http://hero--hero.tumblr.com/ Her inactive DA is here: http://hero-of-awesome.deviantart.com/

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 4:24 pm

Lol. Kilts are sexy on either gender.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 4:28 pm

And with ruffles, too:

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 4:36 pm

Every man should get married in a kilt.

By the way, do you know what the difference is between a kilt and a skirt? If you are wearing underwear, it is a skirt.

fifthgear
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jan 2015, 5:43 pm

Skinny jeans look ridiculous to me. All I can think of are Tim Burton cartoon characters, or, when they wear the knit hats not all the way on, they look like the Waldo character.

Why I don't like this look:
- It looks like women's clothing.
- I'm a guy with very thick muscular legs and quite a lot of butt.
- I don't like uncomfortable clothing. I have always removed all the tags from my clothes (tags usually annoy the heck out of me). I have never liked the feel of tight (I think NT's prefer the word "fitted") clothing. I have tried and I do not get used to it no matter how long I wear them for.
- I'm gay and not attracted to lanky guys, I prefer guys who look strong.

On a more general note I don't really like fads. How about the (now dead I think), white belts with jeans? Yuck! And in my area dudes are now starting to wear bright red sneakers with everything. Yuck, yuck, yuck!

I tend to dress in T Shirt and loose fitting jeans. Most other clothing is VERY uncomfortable for me. So much so that it's very difficult for me to turn my attention to anything other than my level of discomfort.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 5:45 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
For ages I wondered why it's okay for girls to wear pants but not okay for boys to wear dresses. Now I know the real reason why. Society still thinks "female" things are inferior to "male" things. We're practically still in the Dark Ages.

Why only the Scots and the Arabs embrace this is beyond me. It does seem to be the association with the female that keeps men from wearing them. Which is telling. Sometimes I don't think men like women very much.

It WAS every bit as unthinkable for women to wear pants as it was for men to wear dresses- in the Victorian Age. Maybe 1920 marks the start of women wearing pants. A guy in kilts cannot ride a boys' bike because of the horizontal bar in the bike frame. I think that its just practicality that caused one gender to adopt one aspect of the other's attire (women to start wearing pants).

can they ride a girls bike? :lol:

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 5:46 pm

What about yoga pants? This is a bad trend. Way too much personal information is shared by wearing yoga pants in public.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 5:50 pm

fifthgear wrote:
Skinny jeans look ridiculous to me. All I can think of are Tim Burton cartoon characters, or, when they wear the knit hats not all the way on, they look like the Waldo character.

That is my attire sometimes....except my hat is all the way on, technically I think unless i put my hood on and it pulls it down in the back, though I am female not sure that makes a difference in the ridiculousness some people see in such attire.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 5:52 pm

androbot01 wrote:
What about yoga pants? This is a bad trend. Way too much personal information is shared by wearing yoga pants in public.

What exactly constitutes yoga pants? though....I mean I imagine you'd want loose fitting comfortable clothes not something tight enough to reveal too much personal information as you say for yoga, or is that just what people call them and they have no relation to practicing yoga?

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 6:00 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

What exactly constitutes yoga pants? though....I mean I imagine you'd want loose fitting comfortable clothes not something tight enough to reveal too much personal information as you say for yoga, or is that just what people call them and they have no relation to practicing yoga?

I think that's just what they are called regardless of the wearer's practice of yoga.
Most people wear a long sweater or jacket over them, but occasionally not.

This is Jennifer Lawrence in yoga pants which I think are too revealing. She can pull it off because she's gorgeous, but so many can't, myself included.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 6:07 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

I think that's just what they are called regardless of the wearer's practice of yoga.
Most people wear a long sweater or jacket over them, but occasionally not.

This is Jennifer Lawrence in yoga pants which I think are too revealing. She can pull it off because she's gorgeous, but so many can't, myself included.

I don't know don't like that look on her either....I think a longer sweater would make it look better even on her. I have a pair of pants kinda like that they're purple/pink leaning more towards purple but they have fake pockets and are somewhat thicker material but I wear a longer sweater or longish t-shirt with them. Then again most of my tops are longer because I am so short and most of my t-shirts are regular band t-shirts not feminine fit or whatever.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 6:12 pm

At one company when I was in my younger 30s, the president of the company put his wife, a ferocious feminist, on the payroll. She went out and bought some "business attire" which were basically women's suits. To me, they looked like clown costumes.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 6:16 pm

A lot of women still wear heels. The bus stop I sometimes wait at is in front of a bank and even in this foul weather the banker ladies come tottering out in ridiculously inappropriate footwear.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 3:50 pm

I feel that there's been a long overdue improvement in the fashion world because of this. I've dressed in an androgynous manner since I was very small, for obvious reasons. I welcome this trend, because I'll be more willing to buy new clothes again. The thing I like the most about the unisex trend is that it's come along just in time for me to start working at a local bank as a greeter. :)