USA out of Climate Change Agreement for now

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 4:43 pm

Trump withdrawing US from Paris climate agreement but open to returning

Right decision for all the wrong reasons.

I suspect at some point Trump had to be able to actually keep a campaign promise and neither the congress or courts can stop him on this one. And I do suspect we will try to weasel our way back in because Trump thinks so highly of himself as negotiatior.

And any thing Trump is associated with is automatically is descridited in the eyes of influential people.

That said I am glad to be out and hope we stay that way.

I never bought into the idea that this round of global warming differs from other rounds of massive climate change the planet has gone through.

Trump is a horrible bully but the IPCC easily matches him. They are neferous monopoly with similarities to Autism Speaks and ABA apologists. They have successfully associated scientists that disagreed with them with holocaust deniers and paid energy company shills. Their "evidence based" conclusions are based on computer modeling that has difficiulties with predicting storms a few days ahead. Yet like the ABA monopoly they have turned the media into their PR spokespeople. They are SJW's with power.

It is not enough to say good riddence we need to take advantage of the opportunity presented to us. Not that I have any faith in Trump taking advantage of the opportunity but getting rid of our carbon obsession does not change the fact that most of our cities infratructure are horribly underprepared for hurricanes, tornados, and earthquakes. New York City will not likely have an California level earthquake but the catastrophe from the ones we have had and will have could easily top anything in California's future and ISIS can only dream about causing.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 01 Jun 2017, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FrankStein
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jun 2017, 4:47 pm

Got it. Someone who pretends to understand Asperger has no interest in facts. That's weird. French president indicated that there would be no renegotiations. "There will be no Plan B because there is no Planet B."

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 6:54 pm

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 9:13 pm

FrankStein wrote:
Got it. Someone who pretends to understand Asperger has no interest in facts. That's weird. French president indicated that there would be no renegotiations. "There will be no Plan B because there is no Planet B."

Just because someone comes to a different conclusion doesn't mean they aren't familiar with the facts/theories/models.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 9:18 pm

I like the fact that people can now fish in the Hudson River even in the middle of New York City. This wasn't true 20 years ago.

I say this----because I do believe we have to take steps to improve our environment. It doesn't matter if this is a conservative or liberal viewpoint. I believe firmly in this.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jun 2017, 9:21 pm

I look forward to the Atlantic Ocean flooding Mar-A-Lago and New York City. :lol:

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 9:25 pm

StinkyDog wrote:
I look forward to the Atlantic Ocean flooding Mar-A-Lago and New York City. :lol:

Yep, I am going to be buy land in the hills of Tennessee. Some day, my ashes will have oceanfront property. It's an investment :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 9:25 pm

What's your problem with New York City? I happen to live there.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 9:27 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What's your problem with New York City? I happen to live there.

Taxes, but mostly the politics. It's a nice city to visit, wouldn't live there.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 9:45 pm

StinkyDog wrote:

Have you done any research into the following and similar?

Antarctic Sea Ice Reaches New Record Maximum | NASA
https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/an ... rd-maximum

Updated NASA Data: Global Warming Not Causing Any Polar Ice Retreat
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylo ... 316da32892

I'm not saying this is more reliable than other findings regarding the Antarctic or that it isn't disputable, but there it is.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 11:45 pm

You should read the figures on the maximum extent of the Arctic icecap, and the minimum extent of the Arctic icecap every year since 2000.

There are variances---but most years have seen record or near-record low maximum and minimum sizes for the icecap.

It has been said that the Arctic icecap will completely disappear during some portion of the summer within about 20 years.

Over the past 15 years, the majority of years have seen new-record high global average temperatures.

The Southern Hemisphere hasn't seen much manifestations of global warming--but the Northern Hemisphere has.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 11:50 pm

Also: the Seattle area is much warmer in the summer nowadays than when I was a kid. It never used to go up into the 90s back then. Now it does, occasionally.

Even LA is sometimes cool in June because of the sea breeze.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 12:08 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
You should read the figures on the maximum extent of the Arctic icecap, and the minimum extent of the Arctic icecap every year since 2000.

There are variances---but most years have seen record or near-record low maximum and minimum sizes for the icecap.

It has been said that the Arctic icecap will completely disappear during some portion of the summer within about 20 years.

Over the past 15 years, the majority of years have seen new-record high global average temperatures.

The Southern Hemisphere hasn't seen much manifestations of global warming--but the Northern Hemisphere has.

I was being a dummy and not thinking about the difference between land ice and sea ice which I already knew about.

kraftiekortie wrote:
Also: the Seattle area is much warmer in the summer nowadays than when I was a kid. It never used to go up into the 90s back then. Now it does, occasionally.

Even LA is sometimes cool in June because of the sea breeze.

That's what the locals say as well. But the question is, is what if that's just a cycle? So far this year the weather has not only been like the old days, it's had record cold and rainfall. It was pretty darn cold today for the 1st of June and it looks like it's going to be that way off and on for at least another week or two. I also know California and Nevada have been getting a lot of snow and and rain this year.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

02 Jun 2017, 12:16 am

What legislative body voted on this? If it's unenforceable and just a handshake agreement anyways then it isn't worth the paper it is printed on, if it's anything more then it is a treaty and needs to be both constitutional and approved by 2/3rds of the US Senate.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 3:31 am

StinkyDog wrote:

You must have missed this

And since we all were not born we missed this
1821 Norfolk and Long Island hurricane
Quote:
The hurricane produced a storm surge of 13 feet (4 m) in only one hour at Battery Park, a record only broken 191 years later by Hurricane Sandy. Manhattan Island was completely flooded to Canal Street; one hurricane researcher remarked that the storm surge flooding would have been much worse, had the hurricane not struck at low tide

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 6:32 am

EzraS wrote:
StinkyDog wrote:

Have you done any research into the following and similar?

Antarctic Sea Ice Reaches New Record Maximum | NASA
https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/an ... rd-maximum

Updated NASA Data: Global Warming Not Causing Any Polar Ice Retreat
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylo ... 316da32892

I'm not saying this is more reliable than other findings regarding the Antarctic or that it isn't disputable, but there it is.

Warmer air can contain more moisture, thus continental ice grow in some polar regions as more snow is falling there; eventually however, they will recede as temperature continue to rise and precipitations will be unable to keep up with it. For a better indication of rising temperature better to look at sea ice, which do recede really fast.