Former neighbour and friend of Syed Rizwan charged

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 9:02 pm

Enrique Marquez arrested for providing "material support" to Rizwan and Tashfeen

In addition to providing "material support", this guy also planned with Rizwan to attack Riverside Community College and a major freeway in 2011. It is quite clear now that the pipe bombs were assembled to carry out in 2015 / 2016 what that terrorist coward could not execute in 2011 / 2012. Thank God he is dead.

Oh, and Rizwan's sister-in-law's sister is probably likely to go back where she came from. The marriage was a sham from start to finish.

At least I'm sure it may be so in "Denmark".

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 9:05 pm

I think he should make a plea deal instead of a trial. The FBI and ATF have all the evidence against him, Be careful, there are still some people still sympathetic on this board to Farook.

Last edited by frenchmanflats on 17 Dec 2015, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 9:10 pm

frenchmanflats wrote:
I think he should make a plea deal instead of a trial. The FBI and ATF have all the evidence against him

Meanwhile, Rafia Farooq continues to go about her life, claiming that she "didn't know nothing about all this 'ere guns and ammo and her son's radicalization".

Such is life.

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 9:12 pm

HisMom wrote:
frenchmanflats wrote:
I think he should make a plea deal instead of a trial. The FBI and ATF have all the evidence against him

Meanwhile, Rafia Farooq continues to go about her life, claiming that she "didn't know nothing about all this 'ere guns and ammo and her son's radicalization". Such is life.

I think that the FBI have the mother and father on the "radar". Both of them are already placed in the terror watch list. She had to know especially the amount to weapons found in the house and in the garage. She also had to know about the amount of traffic going through the home. What I am curious is who is paying for her lawyers.

Last edited by frenchmanflats on 17 Dec 2015, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 9:14 pm

frenchmanflats wrote:
HisMom wrote:
frenchmanflats wrote:

Meanwhile, Rafia Farooq continues to go about her life, claiming that she "didn't know nothing about all this 'ere guns and ammo and her son's radicalization". Such is life.

I think that the FBI have the mother and father on the "radar". Both of them are already placed in the terror watch list

Bro, "a terrorist watch list", aye ? And, for that courtesy, should I tip my bonnet to the FBI ?

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 9:20 pm

HisMom wrote:
frenchmanflats wrote:
HisMom wrote:
frenchmanflats wrote:

I think that the FBI have the mother and father on the "radar". Both of them are already placed in the terror watch list

Bro, "a terrorist watch list", aye ? And, for that courtesy, should I tip my bonnet to the FBI ?

Yes. This means she is be watched very carefully. I can assume that they probably have her phones and home wire tapped. Under FISA act of 1978 they can do that. All they need is a court order. The government may seek a court order permitting the surveillance using the FISA court.Approval of a FISA application requires the court find probable cause that the target of the surveillance be a "foreign power" or an "agent of a foreign power", and that the places at which surveillance is requested is used or will be used by that foreign power or its agent, They have probable cause in this case

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 9:38 pm

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 11:12 pm

frenchmanflats wrote:
Yes. This means she is be watched very carefully. I can assume that they probably have her phones and home wire tapped. Under FISA act of 1978 they can do that. All they need is a court order. The government may seek a court order permitting the surveillance using the FISA court.Approval of a FISA application requires the court find probable cause that the target of the surveillance be a "foreign power" or an "agent of a foreign power", and that the places at which surveillance is requested is used or will be used by that foreign power or its agent, They have probable cause in this case

"May seek", and "probable cause". Nah, I want certainties, not mayhaps and possibilities.

It's easy enough to buy a prepaid cell phone using a prepaid credit card or gift card OR to gain access to a new cell phone by having one purchased by a friend of the family, that the FBI "doesn't know nothing about". Furthermore, if she retained her Pakistani passport, then she is also a flight risk.

Rafia was also unwilling to answer any questions, and lawyered up really fast, didn't she ? No doubt, CAIR literally jumped on the most expensive criminal lawyer in the entire county to protect "one of their own".

I am skeptical, and believe that she may never face any charges. Sorry !

What I am curious about is a little "tidbit" that has surfaced concerning Marquez's "marriage" to the Russian sister-in-law of Rizwan's brother. Allegedly, he was paid $200 every month in exchange for marrying the woman in blatant immigration fraud.

I wonder who was paying him ? Rizwan's brother ?

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

Last edited by HisMom on 18 Dec 2015, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 12:20 am

Quote:
"May seek", and "probable cause". Nah, I want certainties, not mayhaps and possibilities.

Then the FBI should be allowed to place a "bug" in the home. All they need is a court order according to FISA rules.There are many places to hide a "bug" in a residence or business. The FBI used to place a small microphone or place small cameras in Mafia hideouts and business all the time and constantly recorded their conversations 24/7. You could bug telephone land lines.They would be monitoring in a van or car in the area.The contents of the bug or tape is transcribed or viewed and then sent up the chain of command for review. The tape can then be played back along with the transcription in court in front of a jury or grand jury. The transcription would be entered into the court record. Or his lawyer can make a deal with Marquez for a lighter sentence if he has any information implicating the mother or father.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 8:25 pm

frenchmanflats wrote:
Quote:

Then the FBI should be allowed to place a "bug" in the home. All they need is a court order according to FISA rules.There are many places to hide a "bug" in a residence or business. The FBI used to place a small microphone or place small cameras in Mafia hideouts and business all the time and constantly recorded their conversations 24/7. You could bug telephone land lines.They would be monitoring in a van or car in the area.The contents of the bug or tape is transcribed or viewed and then sent up the chain of command for review. The tape can then be played back along with the transcription in court in front of a jury or grand jury. The transcription would be entered into the court record. Or his lawyer can make a deal with Marquez for a lighter sentence if he has any information implicating the mother or father.

My guess is they are already on the radar. We have a similar situation with parents of a muslim teenager in Sydney who was charged with planning a terrorist attack. The parents have chosen to attack the Australian government rather than apologise for their son's behavior. I think the parents of the Boston bombers also verbally abused the US government and made excuses for their son's terrorism (they came up with wacky conspiracy theories).

All of the above need to actually be caught doing something illegal as guilt by association is not legally proof

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 8:37 pm

cyberdad wrote:
frenchmanflats wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
All of the above need to actually be caught doing something illegal as guilt by association is not legally proof

Every reason to wiretap their home and telephone landline lines. To catch them in committing or plotting to commit a crime. This can be use gather intelligence of who they contact on a regular basis and run those peoples name through the terrorist watch list. Wire tapping happens all the time all around this country from the local to the federal level as long you have a warrant.

Last edited by frenchmanflats on 18 Dec 2015, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 8:42 pm

frenchmanflats wrote:
Every reason to wiretap their home and telephone landline lines. To catch them in committing or plotting to commit a crime. This is to gather intelligence. Wire tapping happens all the time all around this country from the local to the federal level as long you have a warrant.

Here in Australia everyone's email and telephones are open to monitoring by secrurity agencies, we have a US listening post called "Pine Gap" which scans our electronic media for key words (including known code).

Therefore wiretapping is perhaps redundant.

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 8:52 pm

In the US its a bit different. You need to a special judge to authorize a wire tap. If the government has to have just cause(which in this case they might) they most likely get it since Farook's parents are already on the Terrorist watch list. Those recordings are listened by many agents from the FBI and other law enforcement agencies and transcribed. I am a aware of Pine Gap. Its a bit of an enigma. A man by Desmond Ball wrote abut it.Ball described the facility as the ground control and processing station for geosynchronous satellites engaged in signals intelligence collection.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 9:04 pm

The listening, watching, and monitoring didn't do any good, did it?

Oh, and the pipe bombs were to blow up a California freeway?

During Christmas holiday season?

God have mercy.

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 10:04 pm

Sylkat wrote:
The listening, watching, and monitoring didn't do any good, did it?

Nobody knew because our visa system of people entering and exiting this country was screwed up. We also cut the budgets of the NSA and the FBI because we have a President that does not like these agencies. That cut the number of agents investigating terrorist cells and radical Imams. Now, Congress is going to fix it.

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 3:04 am

According to the criminal affidavit,In 2007, Marquez converted to Islam. Shortly thereafter, Farook introduced Marquez to radical Islamic ideology, which included expressing disdain towards Muslims in the U.S. military that killed other Muslims, and discussing the extremist views of the now-deceased imam and Islamic lecturer Anwar al-Aulaqi