Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2016, 4:41 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... with-that/

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2016, 5:28 pm

This is news? Trump is right the Washington Post is full of losers!! !

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2016, 5:47 pm

So? Donald's parents likely slapped him upside his head several times. If so, then he never recovered from the concussions ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2016, 6:02 pm

He spanks his daughter if she says something false? I was only spanked for when I didn't listen after being told no so many times and I was always given a warning before it happened so I was given my last chance to listen.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2016, 11:00 pm

"Spank"

Bah, you have to bash your kids until they behave appropriately.

(I don't know if I'm joking or not, as I can see it working on little Dill quite well if he was a little uncivilized cretin.)

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2016, 12:18 am

Quote:
Ted Cruz Spanks His Daughter

So what?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2016, 2:36 am

As much as I despise Ted Cruz, I really hate it when someone has to stick their noses into someone else's' business about how they raise their children, saying there's abuse when there clearly is none.

JoeyFlash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Jan 2016, 1:31 am

I honestly don't think he needed to add the spanking part. However, WaPo is trying to spin this into "Muh, child abuse."
When it really isn't. When I was a kid, I was usually punished for doing something wrong, which was almost never. But When I did, it was usually a spanking or good-'ole US Army PT Calisthenics. One time, my big brother was caught putting Graffiti on the side of our house, and my Dad made him cut the lawns in the Backyard and Frontyard with a ruler and a pair of scissors. It specifically had to be two inches. Our Neighbor was amused and bought my Dad an Oreo Cookie Milkshake.

Who's there?

Matthew.

Matthew who?

Math you couldn't do unless you had an IQ of 184.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 8:17 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Ted Cruz Spanks His Daughter!

So----what's the problem?

I got smacked upside the head, my entire life, growing-up, and I feel I'm better for it. I also feel that that's what's wrong with America's kids, nowadays----that they HAVEN'T been smacked / spanked / disciplined!! One doesn't have to abuse a child (what Ted did, wasn't abuse, IMO) to discipline it----spare the rod, spoil the child; then, send that rotten kid out into the world, and WE'RE the ones (the public) that have to put-up with him/her, and his/her whiny / entitled self!!

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 9:50 pm

Discipline and physical violence is not the same. Discipline is about teaching, and a good smack isn't the way to accomplish it. It may have been effective for some but it fosters fear, distrust, and withdrawal too often.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 10:20 pm

...the only way this would be of any interest is if his daughter were 25 and he creepily smiled with each swat.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 10:34 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
...the only way this would be of any interest is if his daughter were 25 and he creepily smiled with each swat.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 10:56 pm

AFAIC it was classless for cruddy cruz to talk about spanking his daughter, that properly should be a strictly private thing, I am sure she would not like other people to hear about her being the recipient of spankings by that awful man.

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2016, 10:34 am

Call me crazy but I always felt the USA should legalize judicial corporal punishment nationwide. It should be used as a punishment for drunk drivers, thieves, bank robbers, child molesters, rapists, and people who wrongfully assault innocent people. 6 months of jail and community service don't suffice.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2016, 3:06 pm

tcorrielus wrote:
Call me crazy but I always felt the USA should legalize judicial corporal punishment nationwide. It should be used as a punishment for drunk drivers, thieves, bank robbers, child molesters, rapists, and people who wrongfully assault innocent people. 6 months of jail and community service don't suffice.

what part of "no cruel and unusual punishments" do you take issue with?

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2016, 7:20 pm

auntblabby wrote:
tcorrielus wrote:

what part of "no cruel and unusual punishments" do you take issue with?

I don't understand why you ask. I'm entitled to my opinion just like everyone else. BTW, I personally believe that whipping a criminal is less offensive than allowing him/her to drunk-drive and hit people on the streets numerous times.