Page 7 of 11 [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2016, 11:36 pm

5 outrageous things you should know about Ted Cruz.

1. He vows to ban abortions in all cases if elected.
Murder is murder.

2. He thinks Hillary Clinton should get a spanking.
At least a spanking and preferably more...

3. He supports any effort to defund planned parenthood.
Stop waiting for government handouts and plan your own parenthood!

4. He thinks minimum wage hurts people.
Yeah, I’d be hurting too if that’s all I could make.

5. He actually joked about beating his wife.
Serves her right for disobeying. :shameonyou:

Quote:
He also has admitted to donating to Jesse Helms' political fund years ago, after learning of an ugly, blatantly racist campaign ad. Helms wasn't even the senator of his state!
Sounds like partisanship to me.
Sort of like another partisan I know except on the other side.

Quote:
You're right, it's hard to have a high opinion of anyone who'd vote for that ass wipe. :evil:

All the more reason for me to vote for him. :D

If he were to turn out to be a serious contender for POTUS this forum will be flooded with the tears of the left in the coming months. A conservative republican from Texas, of all things.

If I had a tail it would be wagging so hard my ass would ache. :twisted:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 12:10 am

Raptor wrote:
5 outrageous things you should know about Ted Cruz.

1. He vows to ban abortions in all cases if elected.
Murder is murder.

2. He thinks Hillary Clinton should get a spanking.
At least a spanking and preferably more...

3. He supports any effort to defund planned parenthood.
Stop waiting for government handouts and plan your own parenthood!

4. He thinks minimum wage hurts people.
Yeah, I’d be hurting too if that’s all I could make.

5. He actually joked about beating his wife.
Serves her right for disobeying. :shameonyou:

Quote:
He also has admitted to donating to Jesse Helms' political fund years ago, after learning of an ugly, blatantly racist campaign ad. Helms wasn't even the senator of his state!
Sounds like partisanship to me.
Sort of like another partisan I know except on the other side.

Quote:
You're right, it's hard to have a high opinion of anyone who'd vote for that ass wipe. :evil:

All the more reason for me to vote for him. :D

If he were to turn out to be a serious contender for POTUS this forum will be flooded with the tears of the left in the coming months. A conservative republican from Texas, of all things.

If I had a tail it would be wagging so hard my ass would ache. :twisted:

Winning in Iowa, a Cruz Presidency is not so outlandish now.
Cruz opposes a minimum wage because he wants people to be paid "what they're worth." That is, he supports letting business paying workers next to nothing.
And denying American families help in "planning their pregnancies?" So much for the Republican party being the party of family values, when they clearly don't value families beyond lip service.
As for "partisanship from the other side" - when have I ever sided with a politician when he was playing up to the most ugly prejudices?
Instead of wagging your imaginary tail, are you just shaking your ass?

Incidentally, Cruz not long ago had trumpeted how he'd never be caught at a gay pride parade. Of course, he'd say it was because homosexuality is a moral abomination and all that. The real reason, as with most conservatives, is because he's afraid people would notice his erection. The biggest homophobes are the biggest closet cases.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 12:35 am

one of the things that creeps me out the most about the ooze, is the way he talks, like a machine, never with any humanlike pauses or micro-stammers that a normal human being would demonstrate in routine speech- everything he says sounds like a sophisticated speech-generating machine. with no heart whatsoever.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 12:40 am

auntblabby wrote:
one of the things that creeps me out the most about the ooze, is the way he talks, like a machine, never with any humanlike pauses or micro-stammers that a normal human being would demonstrate in routine speech- everything he says sounds like a sophisticated speech-generating machine. with no heart whatsoever.

Probably a Replicant created by the radical right. :lol:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 12:54 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

I know! :lol:

Quote:
Cruz opposes a minimum wage because he wants people to be paid "what they're worth." That is, he supports letting business paying workers next to nothing.

Labor is a marketable commodity and as such it’s only worth what employers are willing to pay and/or what employees are willing to work for. What do you want to do, force small upstart companies out of business and stifle others from even starting?
There’s no magic pill here. You help one, hurt the other, and as a result f**k both eventually when there are fewer employers to work for.

Quote:
And denying American families help in "planning their pregnancies?" So much for the Republican party being the party of family values, when they clearly don't value families beyond lip service.

Gets back to that role of government thingy we keep talking about.

Quote:
As for "partisanship from the other side" - when have I ever sided with a politician when he was playing up to the most ugly prejudices?

Partisanship is partisanship and is wrong either way.

Quote:

Yours might be shaking the butthurt out of yours come November. :P

Quote:
Incidentally, Cruz not long ago had trumpeted how he'd never be caught as a gay pride parade. Of course, he'd say it was because homosexuality is a moral abomination and all that. The real reason, as with most conservatives, is because he's afraid people would notice his erection. The biggest homophobes are the biggest closet cases.

Agreed that some homophobes are closed gays, but for most I think it’s actually just plain disgust.

BTW, I’m sensing a little anger building here.
Are we in the bottle again?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 1:12 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I know! :lol:

Quote:

Labor is a marketable commodity and as such it’s only worth what employers are willing to pay and/or what employees are willing to work for. What do you want to do, force small upstart companies out of business and stifle others from even starting?
There’s no magic pill here. You help one, hurt the other, and as a result f**k both eventually when there are fewer employers to work for.

Quote:

Gets back to that role of government thingy we keep talking about.

Quote:

Partisanship is partisanship and is wrong either way.

Quote:

Yours might be shaking the butthurt out of yours come November. :P

Quote:
Incidentally, Cruz not long ago had trumpeted how he'd never be caught as a gay pride parade. Of course, he'd say it was because homosexuality is a moral abomination and all that. The real reason, as with most conservatives, is because he's afraid people would notice his erection. The biggest homophobes are the biggest closet cases.

Agreed that some homophobes are closed gays, but for most I think it’s actually just plain disgust.

BTW, I’m sensing a little anger building here.
Are we in the bottle again?

Nope, wrong on both counts - I am neither angry or drunk.
Why would you be disgusted by what two consenting adults do? Or is it that you dwell on two men having sex?
As for business not being able to get on their feet if they have to pay workers something beyond starvation wages - it only goes to show how short sided business people and you, their conservative worshipers, are. If workers aren't paid a good wage, who the hell is going to purchase goods and services? The decline of American business isn't the doing of employees just wanting enough money to share in the American dream, but is the fault of American employers whose greed leaves them short sighted.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 1:48 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Mmm hmm....

Quote:
Why would you be disgusted by what two consenting adults do? Or is it that you dwell on two men having sex?
In case you forgot already, we were talking about your latest conservative boogyman Ted Cruz, not me, and I was explaining that not all homophobes closet gays but are actually disgusted. People can be disgusted at whatever they want without your approval.
As for me, I see doing what gays do as a right protected by the bill of rights. I don't have to partake in the practice or approve of it in order to (grudgingly) acknowledge it as a basic human right. < Read that again.
Three or four years ago, if you recall, I wasn't even that generous, to put it mildly.
You could take a lesson from that if you weren't so partisan.

Quote:
As for business not being able to get on their feet if they have to pay workers something beyond starvation wages - it only goes to show how short sided business people and you, their conservative worshipers, are. If workers aren't paid a good wage, who the hell is going to purchase goods and services? The decline of American business isn't the doing of employees just wanting enough money to share in the American dream, but is the fault of American employers whose greed leaves them short sighted.

You just don't get it, do you? :roll:
Well, I think you do but it gets back to that partisan thing we keep hammering you for.

Last edited by Raptor on 03 Feb 2016, 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 1:56 am

auntblabby wrote:

ALL politicians have no heart. They are all in the pockets of big businesses, unions, and special interests. That goes for both parties. This is why there is gridlock in Washington DC. No one is immune to this.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 2:01 am

frenchmanflats wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

ALL politicians have no heart. They are all in the pockets of big businesses, unions, and special interests. That goes for both parties. This is why there is gridlock in Washington DC. No one is immune to this.

It's no use.
These people actually believe that thier politicians love and care about them but any non-progressive politicans are hard hearted and evil.

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 2:09 am

Raptor wrote:
frenchmanflats wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

It's no use.
These people actually believe that thier politicians love and care about them but any non-progressive politicans are hard hearted and evil.

Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate, now what's going to happen to us with both a House and a Senate?
-Will Rogers

The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets.-Will Rogers

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 2:13 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Mmm hmm....

Quote:
In case you forgot already, we were talking about your latest conservative boogyman Ted Cruz, not me, and I was explaining that not all homophobes closet gays but are actually disgusted. People can be disgusted at whatever they want without your approval.
As for me, I see doing what gays do as a right protected by the bill of rights. I don't have to partake in the practice or approve of it in order to (grudgingly) acknowledge it as a basic human right. < Read that again.
Three or four years ago, if you recall, I wasn't even that generous, to put it mildly.

Quote:

Well, I think you do but it gets back to that partisan thing we keep hammering you for.

Nope, not drunk. Whether you believe me or not, I'm hardly going to lose any sleep at night.
And yes, I "get it." Businesses in Germany, the Scandinavian countries, Japan, etc, have a highly paid work force, and have strong business. So much for the notion that paying workers well is bad for American business. Not a thing partisan about it on my end.
And yes, I am still talking about Cruz being the bogeyman. I was just making a point about his homophobia, and how like so many right wing Republicans, he's homophobic because he's very probably a closet case.
But why would you be "grudgingly" in support of anyone's civil rights just for something that makes them who they are? And yes, you have the right to be disgusted by someone else. But if that thing that disgusts you is essentially harmless and natural for the object of that disgust, well, that reflects on whoever is feeling the disgust, doesn't it? They can hate all they want, but I reserve the right to judge them if their disgust is based on ignorance, hatred, and bigotry.

Last edited by Kraichgauer on 03 Feb 2016, 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 2:15 am

I judge the bloodsucking GOP pols by the rotten fruits of their labors- they are "hard-hearted" if they'd rather the working class is denied affordable health care in favor of said pols' Richie-rich buddies getting yet more undeserved tax breaks. even tough-as-nails Nixon thought the working class should have affordable health care but he was overruled by his cold-blooded fellow GOPers. that shows how hard-hearted the ooze really is, he would let people die and laugh about it. how is that not hard-hearted? just like what JFK said about Nixon, "that man [cruz] has no class."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 2:18 am

auntblabby wrote:
I judge the bloodsucking GOP pols by the rotten fruits of their labors- they are "hard-hearted" if they'd rather the working class is denied affordable health care in favor of said pols' Richie-rich buddies getting yet more undeserved tax breaks. even tough-as-nails Nixon thought the working class should have affordable health care but he was overruled by his cold-blooded fellow GOPers. that shows how hard-hearted the ooze really is, he would let people die and laugh about it. how is that not hard-hearted? just like what JFK said about Nixon, "that man [cruz] has no class."

Imagine that: Nixon was a better human being than Cruz! :lol:

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 2:21 am

Both parties are bloodsuckers. Every reason to have a third party that is viable in the United States.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 2:22 am

Raptor wrote:
frenchmanflats wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

It's no use.

No, but progressive politicians are certainly an improvement over right wingers who coddle the rich and the religious fringe on one hand, and kicks working people, minorities, the poor, and anyone else in the teeth on the other.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 2:30 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Mmm hmm....

Quote:

Quote:

Nope, not drunk. Whether you believe me or not, I'm hardly going to lose any sleep at night.
And yes, I "get it." Businesses in Germany, the Scandinavian countries, Japan, etc, have a highly paid work force, and have strong business. So much for the notion that paying workers well is bad for American business. Not a thing partisan about it on my end.
And yes, I am still talking about Cruz being the bogeyman. I was just making a point about his homophobia, and how like so many right wing Republicans, he's homophobic because he's very probably a closet case.
But why would you be "grudgingly" in support of anyone's civil rights just for something that makes them who they are? And yes, you have the right to be disgusted by someone else. But if that thing that disgusts you is essentially harmless and natural for the object of that disgust, well, that reflects on whoever is feeling the disgust, doesn't it? They can hate all they want, but I reserve the right to judge them if their disgust is based on ignorance, hatred, and bigotry.

Howdy. If Cruz is not an advocate for gays it's not for the reason you say. Why do you guys always say stuff like that? Cruz wouldn't be for gays because of his religion. That's why he won up in Iowa - they were hoping for a lot of Evangelical voters. He's running solely on his religious values (which I admire) but he still wouldn't get my vote - not this time anyway. I don't want a politician - I want Trump.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.