Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 2:16 am

Raptor wrote:
Better be careful Angie.
He might get mad and REPORT you! :shameonyou:

When have I ever reported anyone for making attacks on me?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 2:18 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Because I'm all for civil rights for blacks, are you going to accuse me of possibly being an African American, next? :P

I think most black people I've ever been acquainted with would find you to be at least mildly annoying and that's actually being honest.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 2:20 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The last one was when my wife agreed that a guy like me with a college degree shouldn't be working dead end jobs forever, but should follow my heart and write.

1. You take what you can get, dead-end jobs included, until something better comes along. At least it pays the bills. Any prospective hiring manager will wonder why you haven’t been doing diddly all these years and it won’t look good.

2. Write what and how much does that pay? With over 25K posts one might think most of that writing has been on WP. Either way you aint no Stephen King.

Even Hitler thought he was an artist but his works were rather unimpressive by any standard.

Quote:
That's what happens when you marry that one great, special lady. 8) My dad had always regretted not following a dream, and always lamented: could of, would have, should have. In the words of the late author, Charles Bukowski: "I figured I could either stay at the post office and go crazy, or write and starve, so I decided to starve."

Not very many people get to follow their dreams. We don’t live in that kind of world. Like most, I’ll settle for making my money now and do what I want later.

Quote:
Did I ever say conservatives were the ones protesting nuclear power? So I agree, conservatives don't protest nuclear poser. Just like it's not liberals trying to take rights away from someone because of who they love.

Always with the gay (or minority) rights analogy. Get some new material already.

Quote:
If ridicule is obsession, I dare say you also have displayed plenty of obsessive/compulsive traits in that regard, as well. :P

I like to tease people, too.

So how long is this thread going to languish in a derailed state?

You live your life with all your dollar signs, and I'll live mine; if I live for my art, that's my and my wife's concern, not yours. And no, I'm not Stephen King - I'm my own original voice.
And if I bring up the gay rights analogy, it's because I know I can tweak your conservative values and sensibilities with it. As I've pointed out in a past thread, plenty of you conservatives have a certain something hidden away in the closet, which is why you people get so pissed off about it. :P

I have my clothes in my closet. Kraichgauer, I'm needing a new Kindle book to read. You publish anything yet? (Your collection of honey-do lists your wife has given you don't count.)

Not yet, but then again there's hope as long as there's life.
Guess what, I have clothes in my closet, too. I get most of them from second hand stores. My wife and I can say that we live a life with a certain bohemian romanticism. You're welcome to your staid, bourgeois, Midwestern existence, and all the rigid conservative conformity that goes with it.

You don't know us very well here in the Mid West. My Ma shops mainly at Savers - that's a second hand store, btw, and at Goodwill. My Ma is usually the best dressed woman in the place. I would say that 90% of her clothes and jewelry are second hand and it's not like my parents don't have any money. She couldn't go to get clothes from any real store because my dad is too much of a tight ass to give her any money. And since she didn't have a job she didn't have a choice. So yes, there are people like you who live in the Mid West.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 2:22 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Better be careful Angie.

Short memory?

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 2:25 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Better be careful Angie.

You knew that your "friend" was going to report Mr.R and you could have tried to correct the situation by telling him not to, but you didn't. That's as good as doing it yourself in my book.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 2:28 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Better be careful Angie.

Short memory?

And I recall explaining that that wasn't me. If you don't believe me, well, feel free to report me, as I know I've posted more than enough sh*t about you.
And by the way, I wouldn't talk about civil rights with blacks, or with my LGBT friends except in generalities.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 2:29 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Is there any reason why you misspelled Cruz with a K?

I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to learn the correct spelling in the next 4-8 years. I'm usually pretty good at spelling PRESIDENT'S names.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 2:34 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Better be careful Angie.

Short memory?

And I recall explaining that that wasn't me. If you don't believe me, well, feel free to report me, as I know I've posted more than enough sh*t about you.

Mmm hmm..... :roll:

Quote:
And by the way, I wouldn't talk about civil rights with blacks, or with my LGBT friends except in generalities.
Why not? I'm all for civil rights, just not for special privileges.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 2:34 am

nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Better be careful Angie.

You knew that your "friend" was going to report Mr.R and you could have tried to correct the situation by telling him not to, but you didn't. That's as good as doing it yourself in my book.

You're talking as if my friend was wrong for reporting the bird. Just because I didn't do it doesn't mean my friend was wrong.
And what's the worst that happened? He got a talking to by the mods! For shame!

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 2:37 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Better be careful Angie.

You're talking as if my friend was wrong for reporting the bird. Just because I didn't do it doesn't mean my friend was wrong.

I'd be ashamed to admit that I was smacked down by a bird.
:P

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 2:39 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Better be careful Angie.

Short memory?

Mmm hmm..... :roll:

Quote:
Why not? I'm all for civil rights, just not for special privileges.

Are you seriously wheeling out that tired old argument about "special privileges?" That argument has been used by the right time and time again to deny expansion of civil rights originally for blacks, and more recently for LGBT Americans.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 2:40 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Better be careful Angie.

I'd be ashamed to admit that I was smacked down by a bird.
:P

No, just insulted and bullied.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 2:43 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Better be careful Angie.

You know what, Kraichgauer? With all the crap that's spewed from your lips you also need a good talking to. I just pushed the report button. The "talking to" should go both ways. You shouldn't get special treatment.

Darn, I flunked.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 2:48 am

nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Better be careful Angie.

You know what, Kraichgauer? With all the crap that's spewed from your lips you also need a good talking to. I just pushed the report button. The "talking to" should go both ways. You shouldn't get special treatment.

Fine and dandy. I'll let the mods take a look at the past conversations, and they can decide if I also need a good talking to, like the bird did.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 2:53 am

nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The last one was when my wife agreed that a guy like me with a college degree shouldn't be working dead end jobs forever, but should follow my heart and write.

1. You take what you can get, dead-end jobs included, until something better comes along. At least it pays the bills. Any prospective hiring manager will wonder why you haven’t been doing diddly all these years and it won’t look good.

2. Write what and how much does that pay? With over 25K posts one might think most of that writing has been on WP. Either way you aint no Stephen King.

Even Hitler thought he was an artist but his works were rather unimpressive by any standard.

Quote:
That's what happens when you marry that one great, special lady. 8) My dad had always regretted not following a dream, and always lamented: could of, would have, should have. In the words of the late author, Charles Bukowski: "I figured I could either stay at the post office and go crazy, or write and starve, so I decided to starve."

Not very many people get to follow their dreams. We don’t live in that kind of world. Like most, I’ll settle for making my money now and do what I want later.

Quote:
Did I ever say conservatives were the ones protesting nuclear power? So I agree, conservatives don't protest nuclear poser. Just like it's not liberals trying to take rights away from someone because of who they love.

Always with the gay (or minority) rights analogy. Get some new material already.

Quote:
If ridicule is obsession, I dare say you also have displayed plenty of obsessive/compulsive traits in that regard, as well. :P

I like to tease people, too.

So how long is this thread going to languish in a derailed state?

You live your life with all your dollar signs, and I'll live mine; if I live for my art, that's my and my wife's concern, not yours. And no, I'm not Stephen King - I'm my own original voice.
And if I bring up the gay rights analogy, it's because I know I can tweak your conservative values and sensibilities with it. As I've pointed out in a past thread, plenty of you conservatives have a certain something hidden away in the closet, which is why you people get so pissed off about it. :P

I have my clothes in my closet. Kraichgauer, I'm needing a new Kindle book to read. You publish anything yet? (Your collection of honey-do lists your wife has given you don't count.)

Not yet, but then again there's hope as long as there's life.
Guess what, I have clothes in my closet, too. I get most of them from second hand stores. My wife and I can say that we live a life with a certain bohemian romanticism. You're welcome to your staid, bourgeois, Midwestern existence, and all the rigid conservative conformity that goes with it.

You don't know us very well here in the Mid West. My Ma shops mainly at Savers - that's a second hand store, btw, and at Goodwill. My Ma is usually the best dressed woman in the place. I would say that 90% of her clothes and jewelry are second hand and it's not like my parents don't have any money. She couldn't go to get clothes from any real store because my dad is too much of a tight ass to give her any money. And since she didn't have a job she didn't have a choice. So yes, there are people like you who live in the Mid West.

I'm hardly talking about just buying recycled clothes, but about being of a mindset in which the intellect and the arts hold a higher place than cash, even if it means living in genteel poverty. That, and how eccentricities and alternate lifestyles are not only accepted, but celebrated.
Now, I'm getting ready for bed, as I have to donate plasma tomorrow.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 2:56 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Fine and dandy. I'll let the mods take a look at the past conversations, and they can decide if I also need a good talking to, like the bird did.

You haven't exactly been silent in past conversations...

Whatever, it's bedtime here in Dogpatch...