Martin Shkreli is the CONSUMMATE A$$HOLE

Page 2 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 12:01 am

HisMom wrote:
He is probably a psychopath. Mentally ill, at the very least.

KaloBios Pharmaceuticals - of which this b@stard used to be CEO - also indicated to the FDA that it would hike the price of benznidazole, the drug of treatment for CHAGAS, to $100,000 PER course of treatment (up from the average price of $75 currently charged by the Brazilian company that sells this drug to the CDC, at this time).

Maybe Shkreli's mother dropped him on his head when he was a newly born. Would have been better if she'd strangled this POS, instead.

folks with mental illness do not generally do what shkreli does. this is like thinking that folks with mental illness (who aren't suicidal, which happens, or homicidal, which is rare) shouldn't have guns. 95% of shooters don't have mental illness. 95% of folks with mental illness never commit a violent crime. mental illness without substance abuse is not a risk factor for violence. anger, not illness, is associated with shootings. please don't excuse shkreli by calling him ill. folks with actual mental illness don't deserve to be associated with this sort of thing.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 12:05 am

f**k narcicissim I don't even exist.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 12:16 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

But unlike this a$$wipe, Darth Vader actually had some good left in him.

So, in your mind, price gouging pharmaceuticals is tantamount to planetary genocide, but the later can be excused by a last minute act of contrition? Sounds about right coming from you.

Seriously? You do know Darth Vader is a fictional character, and all the things he did never actually happened, don't you?

Come on now guys...everyone here seems to be in agreement that the dude is a complete f*****g as*hole. It's literally the only post on this site where liberals, conservatives, jews, muslims, and f*****g purple people are in agreement, let's try and just savor the moment and not ruin it. I'd suggest starting a new thread if you want to argue: "Exactly how much of an as*hole is Martin Shkreli?" --that's debatable, the fact that he is an as*hole, I'd say group consensus is a unanimous yes.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 12:23 am

^^^but there likely are people here who consider him a randian hero.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 12:32 am

I don't know, if anyone would take a Rand type principle in this one I'd put my money on Raptor, and even he seems to be in agreement the guy is a complete as*hole. Besides, one can defend a principle that involves someone they don't like without supporting said person. I mean yeah someone may say what he did wasn't wrong for a,b,c reason, but they'll probably still tell you he's a complete as*hole.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 12:46 am

I suspect that some folks here who share the sentiments of the tea partiers in that panel discussion with ron paul [when he was asked "should the uninsured be allowed to die?" with many TPers in the audience screaming in response, "YEAH!! !" ] might also see only good capitalist utility in the actions of mr. skreli and indulge him his righteous indignation at anybody criticizing him for anything he does.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 12:52 am

auntblabby wrote:
I suspect that some folks here who share the sentiments of the tea partiers in that panel discussion with ron paul [when he was asked "should the uninsured be allowed to die?" with many TPers in the audience screaming in response, "YEAH!! !" ] might also see only good capitalist utility in the actions of mr. skreli and indulge him his righteous indignation at anybody criticizing him for anything he does.

You should support Trump then because on the debate tonight he said that no one would be left dying in the streets. So there you go - Trump's your man. :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 12:54 am

I acknowledge that he is the least of all the evils of the GOP, in that he cynically is mouthing their platform points but believes not a bit of it, merely using them to get what he wants. I would much prefer him in office than cruz the ooze.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 12:59 am

Aristophanes wrote:
I don't know, if anyone would take a Rand type principle in this one I'd put my money on Raptor, and even he seems to be in agreement the guy is a complete as*hole. Besides, one can defend a principle that involves someone they don't like without supporting said person. I mean yeah someone may say what he did wasn't wrong for a,b,c reason, but they'll probably still tell you he's a complete as*hole.

Raptor, being a fellow sociopath according to a few past and present WP members, got a sociopathic kick out of Shkreli's smugness toward the oversight committee in the video and couldn't help but smile wolfishly. :twisted:

Raptor does, however, think Shkreli is a despicable as*hole for the $750 per pill price increase on Daraprim and wouldnt mind seeing Shkreli go down in flames over the investment fraud case against him. :x

Raptor proudly wears the accusation of Randianism as a badge of honor. :D

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 1:00 am

I don't know, I think this is one case where principle breaks down because it's so egregious. Let's put it this way, the Rand philosophy is about allowing the top to rise while not being shackled by the bottom of society-- in essence what she's saying is that the government or people are keeping down the true innovators, or at least that's how the majority of her supporters would see it. I've only read Atlas, no others of hers, and as far as I can tell she wasn't about sh*****g on other people, just letting the top rise. Obviously we could debate the results of her approach, but I don't think for a second she was about hurting other people. If she were alive I think even she would say dude's a complete as*hole.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 1:03 am

that particular orifice does an irreplaceably essential job, while mr. skreli does no such thing. so I'd prefer not insulting that particular orifice. OTOH, if you use as an epithet the material which passes through.....

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 1:04 am

nurseangela wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

You should support Trump then because on the debate tonight he said that no one would be left dying in the streets. So there you go - Trump's your man. :mrgreen:

Or don't.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 1:07 am

auntblabby wrote:
I acknowledge that he is the least of all the evils of the GOP, in that he cynically is mouthing their platform points but believes not a bit of it, merely using them to get what he wants. I would much prefer him in office than cruz the ooze.

Actually Trump said something tonight that made me think - Trump thinks that he can make a deal between Israel and the Palestinians and that is just never going to happen. The Palestinians already said they want to blow up Israel. Trump kept saying "I'm a dealmaker and I know how to make a deal with anything." That's one strike against Trump.
I don't know what to think when it comes to Cruz yet. Rubio out.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 1:08 am

cberg wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Or don't.

Donald's always talking about "good deals", someone should ask him if he thought Shkreli made a "good deal" or not.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 1:17 am

nurseangela wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Actually Trump said something tonight that made me think - Trump thinks that he can make a deal between Israel and the Palestinians and that is just never going to happen. The Palestinians already said they want to blow up Israel. Trump kept saying "I'm a dealmaker and I know how to make a deal with anything." That's one strike against Trump.
I don't know what to think when it comes to Cruz yet. Rubio out.

Well, I hate to admit it, but Trump is right on this one. While the Palestinians would be best served ridding themselves of the hateful fanatics who want to destroy Israel, the fact remains, you make peace with your enemies, not your friends. What is needed is someone to broker a deal between Israel and the Palestinian Authority. What's the alternative, to let one side somehow beat the other into submission? Like that has worked so far.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 1:19 am

I can't help but believe that whatever illusory general peace that happens in the middle east will only be a prelude to Armageddon.