Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2016, 4:01 pm

[embedded video removed]
another day in the life of the Palestinian jim crow- I have to ask, why such overkill [bad pun]? why do the shooters have to shoot the guy 50+ times, even after the guy is dead?

WrongPlanet rules wrote:
Posting graphic images or videos of people or animals being harmed is prohibited.

[--Adamantium (moderating)]

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 12:51 am

Guess they wanted to make sure he stayed dead. :?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 1:00 am

but cops here do that ALL TOO OFTEN. especially it seems when their victims are unarmed.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 1:13 am

auntblabby wrote:
but cops here do that ALL TOO OFTEN. especially it seems when their victims are unarmed.

Gotta be afraid of those reanimated zombie minority corpses!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 1:23 am

I'm amazed they don't carry big silver crosses with them. :roll:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 2:32 am

I counted about 25 or a few more shots, nowhere near 50+.
For all they knew he might have been wired with explosives and had his hand (under him out of sight as we can see) on the detonator. Better to make sure he's not going to be able to detonate it. Of course, one of the more common explosives used by terrorists over there is TATP which isnt very stable. Even shooting him was hazardous but if he'd been left to detonate himself it wold have been for certain.

Cops over here are trigger happy like that, too, but it's rarely over the possibility of a bomb.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 10:04 am

No one knows what's really going on in a shooting, there is panic. And you don't want to make a mistake and leave someone not dead who could still attack you. Yes, question the action, but you don't shoot to maim, you shoot to kill, always.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 3:21 pm

if they could send a man to the GD moon, you'd think by now they could have come up with a better way of doing things down here on earth.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 11:25 pm

^ ^ ^
We do not even possess the capability to put anyone in low earth orbit, let alone on the moon. It has nothing to do with the situations in the middle east, anyway.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 11:28 pm

AspE wrote:
No one knows what's really going on in a shooting, there is panic.

Enough well thought out repetitive training and drills can take the edge off of that problem.

Quote:
And you don't want to make a mistake and leave someone not dead who could still attack you. Yes, question the action, but you don't shoot to maim, you shoot to kill, always.

The idea in most cases is to shoot to incapacitate.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 12:21 am

Raptor wrote:
^ ^ ^
We do not even possess the capability to put anyone in low earth orbit, let alone on the moon. It has nothing to do with the situations in the middle east, anyway.

I think the same thing, Mr. R.! Great minds think alike!

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 2:36 am

Raptor wrote:
^ ^ ^

So you're saying the moon landing was faked? Truth be told, it wouldn't actually surprise me. I mean, I have a hard time believing we actually had the technology to do that back in the 1960s.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 3:07 am

Raptor wrote:
^ ^ ^

Do you believe than that the moon landings were faked????

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 3:13 am

The video removed and now people are talking about the moon landing being faked. This thread has gone to hell.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 3:14 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
^ ^ ^

I believe he is saying that at present, we rely on the ruskies to sent our stuff up there and back, as we no longer have a shuttle which used to do the low-orbit heavy lifting for us. he was telling me that in his opinion that space tech doesn't translate into peace on earth, which is a valid point. our tech has outraced our ethics. and to Sabreclaw, it featured some poor slob being bullet-riddled like swiss cheese.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 3:16 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
^ ^ ^

I believe he is saying that at present, we rely on the ruskies to sent our stuff up there and back, as we no longer have a shuttle which used to do the low-orbit heavy lifting for us. he was telling me that in his opinion that space tech doesn't translate into peace on earth, which is a valid point. our tech has outraced our ethics. and to Sabreclaw, it featured some poor slob being bullet-riddled like swiss cheese.

Okay, my mistake. Thing about us Aspies is, we take things so damn literally!