Non-transgender Men Being Allowed In Women's Bathroom!

Page 15 of 18 [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 9:03 am

Quote:
Your first paragraph is both a false equivalency and a straw man.

No, it's an analogy.

Quote:
So this whole thing comes down to the signs on the door? Is that what you're saying?

No. See my earlier posts.

Quote:
Of and how is using the term pearl clutching sexist? It's an old term for getting worked up over other people making them uncomfortable

It's a phrase used to trivialize the concerns of women, the primary wearers of pearls.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 9:17 am

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:
Your first paragraph is both a false equivalency and a straw man.

No, it's an analogy.

Quote:
So this whole thing comes down to the signs on the door? Is that what you're saying?

No. See my earlier posts.

Quote:
Of and how is using the term pearl clutching sexist? It's an old term for getting worked up over other people making them uncomfortable

It's a phrase used to trivialize the concerns of women, the primary wearers of pearls.

No it's a phrase to trivialize trivial concerns held by both men and women. Mostly ultra conservative Christians. Do you think we need to remove all references to gender lest we risk being sexist? Let's leave calling things sexist to the things that actually matter, otherwise we'll just end up trivializing the term.

Yes it's analogy, but it's a terrible analogy and it makes no sense. The idea that a man could use this policy to be a criminal without repercussions is ludicrous. And anyway what crime specifically do you think this will make easier to commit?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 10:39 am

I see what you mean, Luke.

But it's true: men could haunt ladies rooms in order to, say, film them in the "act." You do have creeps out there with nothing better to do.

Or harass lades in some other way. There is potential for that.

if there's a mens room, why would a man want to go into the ladies room?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 10:49 am

Regardless of the policy, wouldn't a man have to dress up as a woman anyway and wear a wig and have fake breasts to walk on the women's restroom to pervert away? Even if that happened with the new policy, they would still face harassment charges if women complain and if they planted hidden cameras in there.

Why isn't anyone showing concern about women posing as men to pervert away in the men's restroom? Some can pass but no way I can because of my breasts.

Plus you have to go through treatment before you are given male or female hormones when you transition. They only for that for people with gender identity disorder. They are not going to do that to anyone who just wants to be a man or woman or feeling like one.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 10:49 am

I support that Target lets transgender people use the bathroom of your choice. However, this should be limited to simply using the bathroom and leaving, not lingering in the bathroom. I think this was a single incident with a poor decision made at a single Target store and therefore I do not see a reason to sign the pledge. One idiot decided to take advantage of Target's policy, that should not shut down the rights of transgender people. I do agree the complainant shouldn't have been ignored.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 10:54 am

nurseangela wrote:
You know what, Mr. AspE? I actually thought you had changed and stopped calling people names, but I was wrong about you. You know something else? Sly is a 1000x times the man you will ever be.

Don't ever talk to me again and expect an answer.

Don't like being called a name? Now you know how Mexicans feel.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 10:56 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I see what you mean, Luke.

But it's true: men could haunt ladies rooms in order to, say, film them in the "act." You do have creeps out there with nothing better to do.

Or harass lades in some other way. There is potential for that.

Yeah those creeps do exist. I just don't believe Target stating it's policy will have any effect on those creeps. And anyway it should be fairly easy to determine who is creeping and who is legitimately using the bathroom.

I honestly believe the only reason this is an issue is because Republicans in North Carolina were looking for another wedge issue. And since gay marriage no longer works for them, they moved on to another minority group.

Well said Butterfly88.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 11:03 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Because the men's room can get pretty disgusting at times. :lol:

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 1:14 pm

Quote:
Regardless of the policy, wouldn't a man have to dress up as a woman anyway and wear a wig and have fake breasts to walk on the women's restroom to pervert away?

No. Any man regardless of appearance may enter the so-called women's room at Target. No questions asked.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 1:19 pm

Quote:
No it's a phrase to trivialize trivial concerns held by both men and women. Mostly ultra conservative Christians. Do you think we need to remove all references to gender lest we risk being sexist? Let's leave calling things sexist to the things that actually matter, otherwise we'll just end up trivializing the term.

Unsurprisingly, I don't feel that my objection to the term is trivial.

Quote:
Yes it's analogy, but it's a terrible analogy and it makes no sense. The idea that a man could use this policy to be a criminal without repercussions is ludicrous. And anyway what crime specifically do you think this will make easier to commit?

AGAIN, I didn't say that a man could use this policy to be a criminal without repercussions. I'm not going to keep explaining it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 1:23 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:
I don't think "I felt like a women today" will work as an excuse for someone who is trying to get away with spying on people in the bathroom.

I didn't say it's an excuse for spying on people. I said it's an excuse for a man to enter a ladies room and loiter without fear of repercussions. It makes it easier for him to commit a crime, similar to how leaving your door unlocked makes it easier for a robber to get in your house. Robbing a house is still illegal, but if I stand on my roof with a bullhorn (this is a Target analogy) and announce that I keep my door unlocked, don't you think I'm more likely to be robbed?

Quote:
This has never been a problem before, and it isn't now despite all the pearl clutching going on.

Transsexual bathroom usage has never (to my knowledge) been an issue before, but this matter of loudly announcing what amounts to a gender-neutral bathroom policy is something new. I might be ok with it if the bathrooms were marked to represent this, but keeping the "men" and "women" signs on them is misleading.
Btw, calling peoples' concerns "pearl clutching" is condescending and sexist.

I'm pretty sure if a man was loitering in a ladies room, leering at them, or even threatening them, then that man could still be ejected. After all, sexual abuse, or even sexual intimidation, is still illegal, regardless if transsexuals can legally use the same facility.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 1:35 pm

If a man is allowed to use the ladies room, many protective barriers are breached.

Unless there's a guard patrolling the bathrooms at all times.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 1:48 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:
Regardless of the policy, wouldn't a man have to dress up as a woman anyway and wear a wig and have fake breasts to walk on the women's restroom to pervert away?

No. Any man regardless of appearance may enter the so-called women's room at Target. No questions asked.

Really, no questions?

So a balding overweight man with a beard can just wander into a crowded bathroom, and no one will say a thing? There are already stories online of people hassling trans people over using the bathroom. So that fat bald man doesn't stand a chance.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/t ... -1.2644165

YippySkippy, I meant that this whole idea of "men might go into the women's bathroom to spy because of target" is a trivial concern. I'm not saying that concern over creeps is trivial, just the idea that target will embolden pervs with this policy is trivial. But since you mention I also see the objection to the term "clutch the pearls" trivial as well. I don't see anything derogatory of women in that statement. There's nothing wrong with wearing pearls. If you know of a gender neutral phrase that means the same thing, I'm interested to here it.

Again what crimes specifically will be easier due to this policy?

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 2:16 pm

Oh and on a side note YippySkippy, I think the issue happening local to you is a little more complex than this is. From what I remember there was a lawsuit to allow someone to use a locker room and shower with everyone else.

I think the shower in that is what complicates things. I find the idea of forcing kids to get naked and shower together is abhorrent. There is no way I would have used the school showers regardless of what punishment they wanted to give me. Thankfully they didn't use the showers when I was in school. I think that if the school is going to force it then the school should have to have private shower stalls.

Also I think this showering in schools will just lead to more Sanduskys. Teachers have inappropriate relations with their students all the time. Just imagine how much worse it could be when one of these predators is cast as the chaperone for the school's shower/locker room.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 2:23 pm

How in the world did the security lady know the Ebony was transgender? I wouldn't have guessed just by looking at her.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 6:16 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I would be embarrassed if a lady walked in while I was "doing my business."

The point Kraftie is, would you be embarrassed by a biological female who is in the process of transitioning into a male and taking hormone supplements, entering a designated male public to do his business while you are there. The chances are you wont recognise that person as being a biological female. That person won't be using the urinal. They will be using the male cubicle and will be out of there in the blink of an eye and you won't even notice they have been there.