Paracetamol in pregnancy may be linked to autism - Study

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2016, 11:51 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/07/01/paracetamol-in-pregnancy-may-be-linked-to-autism/

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

oceanrollercoaster
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jul 2016, 2:20 am

Interesting theory; I'm pretty sure my mum was on daily paracetamol for chronic pain, but I'd have to check. I'd like to see more research about it.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 6:28 am

Apparently this idea was started in 2008 by a curebie/dentist father named Steve Schultz, who switched from believing that vaccines caused autism to paracetamol as his new culprit theory which he seems to regard as a certainty. So with that certainty in mind, he complied some graphs which he thought proved it.

I think it's highly unlikely.

http://reset.me/story/could-a-common-pa ... -children/

gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 9:06 am

I'd be more likely to link a trigger through autoimmune stress of vaccines than a drug which use is probably smaller percentage than even the stats for Autismn in worldwide population total. I never heard of that drug. I took nothing but my asthma meds while pregnant (prednisol, abuterol, fluticasone) and my 14th pregnancy with my middle son I had insulin for 3 months .

I'd be more willing to point it to birth control in system at conception.

I' be more willing to believe something the govt put in water...lel. Than a drug so random.

Not to say it is impossible that maybe some children of those mothers were given an effect that created a diagnosis of autism later

Lantylam
Veteran
Veteran