Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 10:14 pm

Washington Post:

I reported Omar Mateen to the FBI. Trump is wrong that Muslims don’t do our part.

Surprise, surprise: Trump's Islamophobic hate rant also turns out to be another Trump lie.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 11:53 pm

Do not worry. According to this Muslim Mateen was a Clinton supporter. Trump is sure to "brag" about this. I know the professionals are are supposed to be in charge now with a new campaign manager but I do not think they can stop Trump from bieng Trump

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jun 2016, 12:12 am

This is good, Muslims should be more vigilant than anyone about potential terrorist sympathizers in their midst. The FBI really dropped the ball with this Omar Mateen, this attack should not of happened.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 6:52 am

thoughtbeast wrote:
Washington Post:

I reported Omar Mateen to the FBI. Trump is wrong that Muslims don’t do our part.

Surprise, surprise: Trump's Islamophobic hate rant also turns out to be another Trump lie.

Hmmm.... Last time I checked, no White Supremacists reported Dylann Roof to the authorities despite the fact that he frequented several of their websites online:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dylann_Ro ... e_shooting
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dylann_Ro ... premacists

Why isn't Trump calling for profiling of White Supremacists and to have them registered in a database?

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 10:07 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Why isn't Trump calling for profiling of White Supremacists and to have them registered in a database?

Dylan Roof is a blip on the radar.

Muslims are the great enemy of America.

They attacked us on our homeland.

How many millions of Muslims have we had to kill in the last twenty years ?

How many millions more will we kill?

I don't think Americans will blink an eye if we bomb a Muslim nation into oblivion.

So, Trump is smart to play to what the people want.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 10:21 pm

If you were a politician and saw these numbers .. wouldn't you want to ban Muslims?

YouGov/Huffington Post Poll ...

Especially, now that the FBI seems ineffective.

https://theintercept.com/2016/03/30/maj ... oll-shows/

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 10:51 pm

thoughtbeast wrote:

Yes, Americans have "Islamaphobia".

Islamaphobia: fear a Muslim intends to kill you.

However, Trump is the only one assuaging the fear.

What is your solution to assuage the fear?

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2016, 2:05 am

Quote:

Trump is stoking fear, not assuaging it.

Quote:
If you were a politician and saw these numbers .. wouldn't you want to ban Muslims?

YouGov/Huffington Post Poll ...

Not after my staff analyzed their poll's sampling method and survey mode (emphases added):

===
Sampling method
Respondents were selected from YouGov’s opt-in Internet panel using sample matching.
A random sample (stratified by gender, age, race, education, voter registration, political ideology, party identification, geographic region, and voter registration) was selected from the 2014 American Community Study. Voter registration and party identification were imputed from the November 2014 Current Population Survey Registration and Voting Supplement.

. . .

Survey mode
Web-based interviews

source: Yougov
===

In other words, the poll reflected the views only of those who chose to register with and participate in the Yougov website. That's not a random, scientific sample.

A scientific poll was just completed by the Monmouth University Polling Institute that shows a vastly different picture and was restricted to registered voters, the results of which would surely interest any politician. The poll flatly contradicts the Yougov baloney:

Monmouth University Poll conducted AFTER Orlando

Scroll down to p. 6 and you will find that only 21% of registered voters nationwide support banning all Muslims from the US, while a whopping 70% of registered voters oppose. Equally interesting is the data showing that 28% of Red State registered voters support a ban while 63% oppose, as well as the trend showing that overall support for a Muslim ban has dropped from 27% in December 2015 until 21% now. And remember, this details the views of registered voters using standard sampling techniques (see p. 7), not just the members of some website.

The Monmouth University Poll also shows that a majority of registered voters support a ban on the sale of assault weapons of the type used in the Orlando shooting.

So to answer your question, as a Red State politician I would reject the Yougov poll as inapposite and go with the 63% who oppose and if I were a Blue State politician I would reject the Yougov poll even more and go with the 70% who oppose.

Your final question was:

Quote:
What is your solution to assuage the fear?

and my answer would be the answer of the majority of Americans who will vote in November:

DUMP THE TRUMP

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2016, 2:51 am

thoughtbeast wrote:
Not after my staff analyzed their poll's sampling method and survey mode (emphases added):

Your staff?

You have a staff that does political analysis? 8O

thoughtbeast wrote:
Quote:

Trump is stoking fear, not assuaging it.

I will look up the poll you mentioned, however, here is the most recent poll I could find ...

June 2016
"The NBC News/SurveyMonkey poll shows 50 percent of those surveyed support Trump's proposed Muslim immigration ban, while 46 percent are opposed".
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pre ... n-proposal

The fear of Muslims is real.

That's why in the past on this site we had topics about the hatred Americans have and the attacks people do to Muslims.

Just search google "Americans attack Muslims"

Their hatred comes from fear.

You appear to dismiss this fear with no solution.

Trump does provide solutions to this fear.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2016, 3:58 am

Quote:
You have a staff that does political analysis?

It was your idea. You asked hypothetically (emphasis added):
Quote:

to which I answered hypothetically
Quote:
Not after my staff analyzed their poll's sampling method and survey mode

The yougov poll you cited is unscientific and worthless. And rather than deal with the facts presented by the Monmouth University Polling Institute, you've ignored it and cited another useless "poll", this one from SurveyMonkey. :roll: Here's how they get their sample:
Quote:
"Respondents for this non-probability survey were selected from the nearly three million people who take surveys on the SurveyMonkey platform each day." :lol:

"Non-probability" means that it is not random and is not free from sampling bias. Like the other poll you cited, its results are worthless.
The Monmouth University poll is a scientific measure and as a gentle reminder it concluded that:
only 21% of registered voters nationwide support banning all Muslims from the US, while a whopping 70% of registered voters oppose. Equally interesting is the data showing that 28% of Red State registered voters support a ban while 63% oppose, as well as the trend showing that overall support for a Muslim ban has dropped from 27% in December 2015 until 21% now.
You mention that:
Quote:
The fear of Muslims is real ... Trump does provide solutions to this fear.

Yeah, I'm sure Trump has in the back of his mind a final solution in support of the 21% of the registered voters who are nut jobs and support his position. But it is the 70% who are likely to prevail in November and Dump the Trump.
Thank God!

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2016, 2:17 pm

Honestly, I'm not sure I'd even want to talk to the FBI. They creep me out.

Last year there was a story about an FBI agent sent to pose as a Muslim immigrant to infiltrate a mosque and investigate possible terrorist links.
They ended up actually reporting him to the FBI because he acted just as shady and dangerous as the people he was trying to catch :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 10:36 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
GGPViper wrote:

Dylan Roof is a blip on the radar.

Muslims are the great enemy of America.

They attacked us on our homeland.

How many millions of Muslims have we had to kill in the last twenty years ?

How many millions more will we kill?

I don't think Americans will blink an eye if we bomb a Muslim nation into oblivion.

So, Trump is smart to play to what the people want.

No, fanatics who were of the Muslim faith attacked us in our homeland. If we call all Muslims out enemies - especially Muslim Americans - then they would be our enemies by our own making.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 11:24 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
No, fanatics who were of the Muslim faith attacked us in our homeland. If we call all Muslims out enemies - especially Muslim Americans - then they would be our enemies by our own making.

Not all pitbulls are dangerous, yet many cities ban them anyways, because some are.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 1:26 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Not all pitbulls are dangerous, yet many cities ban them anyways, because some are.

Pitbulls are not American citizens. Muslim Americans are.