Scotland seeks independent entry to the European Union

Page 4 of 7 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jul 2016, 10:30 am

naturalplastic wrote:

I am pretty sure that the N.H.S. is the "national health service". But this Yank could be wrong about that.

But its dumb to "pretend to be dumb" about the complex geopolitics of the British Isles to strangers on the Net because so many folks really dont know the differences between "England", "Britain", and the "U.K" and use the terms interchangeably (which is highly inaccurate).

Thankyou for the info. I am probably hopeless as far as humor goes.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 10:36 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
All I know is that the individual countries in the U.K. have their own rivalries and long history of hating on each other-- it's no surprise the entire island wants out of the E.U., it can barely get along with itself.

edit: don't go too aspie info-dump on that statement, it's a joke on history-- obviously you guys get along decently now.

Well...

I think that what you're trying to say is this:

The most popular movie rental in England in the coming weeks is gonna be "Gone With Wind".

And the most popular movie rental in Scotland in the coming weeks is gonna be "The Free State of Jones".

GWTW glorifies a breakaway region breaking away, and the FSOJ glorifies a smaller region breaking away from that same breakaway region to rejoin the larger original union. :lol:

Somebody needs to redo the song "Ball Of Confusion" with updated lyrics.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jul 2016, 11:17 am

The EU is primarily based on geographical location. Perhaps this is not the best 'bonding' factor after all. Other connecting threads might prove more lasting if they touch deeper into the soul, so-to-speak. I was thinking membership based on alcohol consumption has some merit. England's 'soul mate' is not likely to be found among the wine drinking lightweights of the mediterranean, but the serious vodka drinking boozers of Belarus.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 11:33 am

TomS wrote:
The EU is primarily based on geographical location. Perhaps this is not the best 'bonding' factor after all. Other connecting threads might prove more lasting if they touch deeper into the soul, so-to-speak. I was thinking membership based on alcohol consumption has some merit. England's 'soul mate' is not likely to be found among the wine drinking lightweights of the mediterranean, but the serious vodka drinking boozers of Belarus.

Lol, the stereotype of the entire U.K. is that of drinkers....perhaps that's why they can't get along...

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jul 2016, 12:24 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
Lol, the stereotype of the entire U.K. is that of drinkers....perhaps that's why they can't get along...

Mixing alcohol and political discussion might be a factor. At least as important as the first Duke of Rothesay, what?

:wink:

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 12:30 pm

TomS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:

Mixing alcohol and political discussion might be a factor. At least as important as the first Duke of Rothesay, what?

Very clever. I think most won't get it though, unless they say it out loud.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 1:17 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
TomS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:

Whashat youshay Ariph .. Arsis.. .. Atiphso .. hic ! ?

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jul 2016, 4:33 pm

pluto wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
TomS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:

Whashat youshay Ariph .. Arsis.. .. Atiphso .. hic ! ?

:lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 5:32 pm

Four score and seven beers ago today our forefathers brought froth upon this continent...

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 5:53 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Four score and seven beers ago today our forefathers brought froth upon this continent...

When in the bar, trust the old timer-- he was there when it happened.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 7:13 pm

This flying Scotsman knows the way to a different N.O 10, even when apparent tidings seem lost.

All we need now is a post Brexit firing squad before we can resume our bloody colony with other countries.

No need for a Sturgeon foothold here, not at this number and unknown address.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 7:20 pm

I'm an SNP member, Scottish politics is a big interest of mine.

Independence is coming, the leave vote combined with the two crazies fighting for the UK PM job has turned the tide.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 7:37 pm

^^ when Juncker changes the goalposts, rest assured, we'll be the first to know. The tide is also turning on free speech and nuclear deterrents.

Whilst we're kept busy with Brexit, you could always go back and tell your Scottish Ice Queen that the British Crown is back to stay and will dent any foreign landmark that it allows.

If you're after some more land.. ask the E.U generators and granted, they will welcome you with their own deficit.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 7:42 pm

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 7:53 pm

I'm sorry that the Bedroom Tax hit you so hard. ^^

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 8:10 pm

I wasn't hit by the bedroom tax.

I may have different political views to you, but I'm not your enemy.