Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2016, 10:34 am

Those poor police ... :(

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2016, 10:42 am

A preliminary report from a CNN source states that it was a single shooter with an assault rifle...

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/17/us/ba ... index.html

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2016, 10:45 am

Quote:
At least seven officers were injured and at least three of them are feared dead in a shooting in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, a source with knowledge of the investigation told CNN. Police received a call of "suspicious person walking down Airline Highway with an assault rifle," the source said. When police arrived, the man opened fire. The remaining officers are hospitalized in critical condition,
I hope that the families will be alright.

[Edited by poster for harshness.]

Last edited by Fnord on 17 Jul 2016, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Jul 2016, 10:49 am

The rhetoric of the extremists and hateful protesters is coming home to roost just as I said it would, our sensationalist media has promoted these people and their message of lies and half-truths to such a point that it was inevitable.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2016, 11:39 am

Jacoby, that is freaking sick and messed up. You are basically using "I told you so" as a response to violence.

These sick individuals would still do something bad even if they hadnt watched the news. Perhaps it wouldnt have happened to cops, but it would've happened to someone else in time.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2016, 11:59 am

"A suspect is dead, and two may be at large, according to police".
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/baton-rouge ... e-highway/

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2016, 12:05 pm

One more of these and I think I'll be ready to call Black Lives Matter domestic terrorists.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2016, 12:06 pm

Earthbound wrote:
Jacoby, that is freaking sick and messed up. You are basically using "I told you so" as a response to violence.

These sick individuals would still do something bad even if they hadnt watched the news. Perhaps it wouldnt have happened to cops, but it would've happened to someone else in time.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2016, 12:49 pm

BLM Leader calls for end to violence

My take on BLM is it is not dissimiler to the Autistic communinty in that you have two main factions, one faction views the police and system is hopelessly racist, violent retaliation is called for so the occupying army will be driven out and the New Black Panther party will take over policing. The other faction views most police as good, the bad ones need to be brought to justice, the police need to be systematically reformed.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Jul 2016, 1:01 pm

It seems like there were 3 suspects dressed in all black, 1 was dropped at the scene while the other 2 escaped.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2016, 1:38 pm

Video of when the shots started:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... eo-8438661

You can hear single gunshots throughout the video, but toward the end you can hear rapid gunfire as the person filming the scene takes cover.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2016, 1:43 pm

Live updates:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... ve-8438486

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... -louisiana

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2016, 2:08 pm

I fear we are witnessing the inevitable reaction to 15 years of police militarization coupled with a very real & unrestrained white supremacist law enforcement subculture. So many vets from Iraq & Afghanistan are now working as law enforcement in part b/c that's what they were trained for and b/c they were given hiring preference. So it's no wonder that "citizens" are now seen as, "civilians" and those who are other-colored are dehumanized. As a nation we failed to help soldiers transition, reintegrate and stand down inside their heads - instead we encouraged them to keep on in a different capacity. In addition, racist cops have always been around, but their power was limited. Now it isn't so much; there is very little public accountability for their actions.

Couple a racist subculture & damaged soldiers with unrestrained power and the escalating abuse we've seen should have been recognized as it happened. Add in a media plus political and religious leaders that instead played on fear to increase profit. Under those conditions day in and day out, that the less stable (read: able to keep taking it) individuals of the culture being abused might snap and fight back is to be expected.

My condolences to the families & friends of all the slain officers. And to the families and friends of all the slain black men who were complying but that wasn't good enough. It's only going to get worse if we as a society don't demand change.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2016, 3:32 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
And to the families and friends of all the slain black men who were complying but that wasn't good enough.

Who are "all the slain black men who were complying..."? If you mean Philando Castile, and it's true that he told the officer he had a gun, and then moved his hand..... Any WHITE person would've ALSO gotten shot!! If your argument is that he was getting his DL, like the officer asked-for----again, he should have repeated that he had a gun, and asked the officer what he wanted him, to do. "Would you like to reach-in and get it, sir----it's in my left pocket"; or, "Would you like me to step outside the car, sir, so you can remove my gun----and then, I'll get-out my DL and registration, for you". Any registered gun owner, KNOWS this protocol!

You can clearly hear, in the video, the officer saying, in what I consider a near-tears voice (as the realization set-in, that he had just shot a man), that he told him to move his hand away from the gun.

Don't get me wrong----it was TERRIBLY SAD that the man died----but, if you don't listen to an officer's instructions.....

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2016, 3:57 pm

It may be because I've been paying more attention to the news lately, but doesn't seem like violent crime is WAY off the hook these days? And not just in America; all around the world.