Page 1 of 10 [ 152 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 2 Mar 2015
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,695

21 Jul 2016, 9:09 am

I figured I'd just put both in the title since the DNC will start up on Monday and I plan to watch all of that too.

Anyone else noticing how the networks are censoring the RNC? I keep having to find a livestream to watch it.

Anyone notice that dude who stalked and killed the lion was sitting with the Trump boys in the Trump box? Sucks to that. I think that guy is a piece of trash. Supposedly the Trump boys are big game hunters.

Did anyone catch the Astronaut Lady's speech? Wouldn't that be awesome to have the space program back up?

Ted Cruz's speech last night was awesome. He slithered in there, admittedly stuck to his principles, but then had a surprising reaction from the crowd. When they realized he was not going to endorse Trump they booed him out. I have been thinking about this. I think that many conservatives had a hard decision to go over to Trump, only did so because they feel it was necessary to save the party and the country, and they felt Cruz disrespected their hard choice by not living up to his word and endorsing the candidate who won. He wouldn't do what they did so it was like he said that he had more dignity than they did.

I hate most country music, but I was not mad at that harmonica dude last night. He was pretty good.

Anyone else have thoughts?



Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 20 Feb 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 756
Location: USA

21 Jul 2016, 9:25 am

I didn't see any of it last night. However I'm quite frustrated with the whole situation with Queen. If Queen told them not to play "We are the champions", they should respect that... no excuses. I'm not really sure why the remaining members of Queen would lie, so I think Trump's campaign is lying again. Paying a fee to get the rights still isn't always suitable. If someone asks them not to use their song- then they should respect it. In general- many politicians (both sides, not just republicans) have been doing this garbage for a while and they simply don't care about respect.

Time after time there is songs played where the artist/artists get upset about it. These politicians don't need to come out to fancy songs, they don't need certain songs playing just to "pump up" or "hype" the crowd. Plus I think the bigger thing here is many musicians get misrepresented. Many people think "oh this band now endorses this candidate, so I will too!" or "this guy endorses the candidate?! I hate them now!" until the musician says otherwise. This type of confusion should be prevented. It's sad that many voters get swayed that easily, but it still happens. Plus there is the people that might not see the official statement by the singer on the matter.



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jul 2016, 9:46 am

There have been some very good speakers and some very bad ones, I've watched most of it live directly streaming since I can't take watching the punditry on CNN or wherever plus you can just side step all the corporate advertising and political ads. No, Walter Palmer that dentist was not sitting with the Trump boys. Ted Cruz is a snake who will not be forgiven, he will never be president.

Trump can play any song he wants when he pays the rights for it, the artists don't own their own music because they sold that right away for money. If they really cared about how their music was used then they shouldn't of sold the rights away, I am sure there are many who haven't. Dee Snyder got Trump to stop using his song because he's a respectful person and called Donald personally about it.



0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2015
Posts: 658
Location: Oregon Coast

21 Jul 2016, 9:54 am

SocOfAutism wrote:
I figured I'd just put both in the title since the DNC will start up on Monday and I plan to watch all of that too.

Anyone else noticing how the networks are censoring the RNC? I keep having to find a livestream to watch it.

Anyone notice that dude who stalked and killed the lion was sitting with the Trump boys in the Trump box? Sucks to that. I think that guy is a piece of trash. Supposedly the Trump boys are big game hunters.

Did anyone catch the Astronaut Lady's speech? Wouldn't that be awesome to have the space program back up?

Ted Cruz's speech last night was awesome. He slithered in there, admittedly stuck to his principles, but then had a surprising reaction from the crowd. When they realized he was not going to endorse Trump they booed him out. I have been thinking about this. I think that many conservatives had a hard decision to go over to Trump, only did so because they feel it was necessary to save the party and the country, and they felt Cruz disrespected their hard choice by not living up to his word and endorsing the candidate who won. He wouldn't do what they did so it was like he said that he had more dignity than they did.

I hate most country music, but I was not mad at that harmonica dude last night. He was pretty good.

Anyone else have thoughts?


I don't know, I did not watch any of it, and I don't want to see any of it. But what you say does not surprise me. The US national media is all total garbage. Faux, CNN, NBC is all the same. Nothing but corporate propaganda.

One more thing. If you support getting the space program back up, don't vote for the tightwad regressive Republicans. The US space program was 100% the doing of Democrats. Primarily JFK. Once the Conservatives took over, the space program was DOA.


_________________
Autism Social Forum
A place for autistic people to discuss their interests.


SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 2 Mar 2015
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,695

21 Jul 2016, 10:00 am

Jacoby wrote:
There have been some very good speakers and some very bad ones, I've watched most of it live directly streaming since I can't take watching the punditry on CNN or wherever plus you can just side step all the corporate advertising and political ads. No, Walter Palmer that dentist was not sitting with the Trump boys. Ted Cruz is a snake who will not be forgiven, he will never be president.

Trump can play any song he wants when he pays the rights for it, the artists don't own their own music because they sold that right away for money. If they really cared about how their music was used then they shouldn't of sold the rights away, I am sure there are many who haven't. Dee Snyder got Trump to stop using his song because he's a respectful person and called Donald personally about it.


Oh he wasn't? Good that makes me feel better.



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jul 2016, 10:10 am

Except it was Obama who killed the replacement for the space shuttle, Bush actually was a proponent returning to the moon by 2020 but the program was ended by Obama who had other priorities which is understandable given the state of the economy when he took office. However Obama has stirred the focus of NASA away from space exploration to his little pet projects like global warming and foremost "to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering."



0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2015
Posts: 658
Location: Oregon Coast

21 Jul 2016, 10:40 am

Jacoby wrote:
Except it was Obama who killed the replacement for the space shuttle, Bush actually was a proponent returning to the moon by 2020 but the program was ended by Obama who had other priorities which is understandable given the state of the economy when he took office. However Obama has stirred the focus of NASA away from space exploration to his little pet projects like global warming and foremost "to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering."


Bush was empty talk. He killed the space shuttle program in 2004, to be replaced by a new vehicle program, which he never funded. He had no intention of continuing space exploration. His goal was to shut the space program down, so he could give more tax breaks to his billionaire friends. The only thing the conservatives care about is making the rich richer.


_________________
Autism Social Forum
A place for autistic people to discuss their interests.


Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jul 2016, 11:02 am

0regonGuy wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Except it was Obama who killed the replacement for the space shuttle, Bush actually was a proponent returning to the moon by 2020 but the program was ended by Obama who had other priorities which is understandable given the state of the economy when he took office. However Obama has stirred the focus of NASA away from space exploration to his little pet projects like global warming and foremost "to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering."


Bush was empty talk. He killed the space shuttle program in 2004, to be replaced by a new vehicle program, which he never funded. He had no intention of continuing space exploration. His goal was to shut the space program down, so he could give more tax breaks to his billionaire friends. The only thing the conservatives care about is making the rich richer.


So how do you reconcile that with the fact that Wall Street and Silicon Valley have taken control of the Democratic party? The Democrats are the party of billionaires now.



Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

21 Jul 2016, 11:06 am

Jacoby wrote:
0regonGuy wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Except it was Obama who killed the replacement for the space shuttle, Bush actually was a proponent returning to the moon by 2020 but the program was ended by Obama who had other priorities which is understandable given the state of the economy when he took office. However Obama has stirred the focus of NASA away from space exploration to his little pet projects like global warming and foremost "to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering."


Bush was empty talk. He killed the space shuttle program in 2004, to be replaced by a new vehicle program, which he never funded. He had no intention of continuing space exploration. His goal was to shut the space program down, so he could give more tax breaks to his billionaire friends. The only thing the conservatives care about is making the rich richer.


So how do you reconcile that with the fact that Wall Street and Silicon Valley have taken control of the Democratic party? The Democrats are the party of billionaires now.


Says the guy rooting for a supposed billionaire.



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jul 2016, 11:09 am

I'd say there is a considerable difference between someone who made their billions in real estate employing tens of thousands of people here in America compared to the money manipulators and outsourcers of Wall Street and Silicon Valley. Way more honest than say making hundreds of millions off "speeches".



Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

21 Jul 2016, 11:16 am

Jacoby wrote:
I'd say there is a considerable difference between someone who made their billions in real estate employing tens of thousands of people here in America compared to the money manipulators and outsourcers of Wall Street and Silicon Valley. Way more honest than say making hundreds of millions off "speeches".


Trump would be working on a used car lot if not for his dad. He's had multiple businesses collapse under him, including casinos. He's demonstrably not a good business man.

And hey at least the Democrats have the progressive caucus. There is no equivalent in the Republican party. The party is made up entirely of paid shills.



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jul 2016, 11:25 am

Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
I'd say there is a considerable difference between someone who made their billions in real estate employing tens of thousands of people here in America compared to the money manipulators and outsourcers of Wall Street and Silicon Valley. Way more honest than say making hundreds of millions off "speeches".


Trump would be working on a used car lot if not for his dad. He's had multiple businesses collapse under him, including casinos. He's demonstrably not a good business man.

And hey at least the Democrats have the progressive caucus. There is no equivalent in the Republican party. The party is made up entirely of paid shills.

:mrgreen:
Yet he's worth billions, such a bad businessman! I don't think that line of attack works. :lol:

The "progressive" Democrats are the party that is going to nominate the most corrupt candidate in American history, they are the party that is going to nominate the most insider/most establishmentarian candidate in American history, there isn't an inch of daylight between Hillary and the donors.



Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

21 Jul 2016, 11:58 am

Jacoby wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
I'd say there is a considerable difference between someone who made their billions in real estate employing tens of thousands of people here in America compared to the money manipulators and outsourcers of Wall Street and Silicon Valley. Way more honest than say making hundreds of millions off "speeches".


Trump would be working on a used car lot if not for his dad. He's had multiple businesses collapse under him, including casinos. He's demonstrably not a good business man.

And hey at least the Democrats have the progressive caucus. There is no equivalent in the Republican party. The party is made up entirely of paid shills.

:mrgreen:
Yet he's worth billions, such a bad businessman! I don't think that line of attack works. :lol:

The "progressive" Democrats are the party that is going to nominate the most corrupt candidate in American history, they are the party that is going to nominate the most insider/most establishmentarian candidate in American history, there isn't an inch of daylight between Hillary and the donors.


We don't know how much Trump is worth, he refuses to release his tax returns. I think he's got something to hide.

http://fortune.com/2015/08/20/donald-trump-index-funds/

http://www.vox.com/2015/9/2/9248963/don ... index-fund

You have been wrong about Clinton at every turn and you have no evidence to back up what you said.



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jul 2016, 12:03 pm

I am not wrong because the Clinton's 'burn the tapes' so to speak, I am not wrong because the Clinton's are held to different standard than rest of America. Do you believe Bill Cosby is guilty? Why aren't any other Democrats embroiled in constant scandal? It's just nonsense, do you honestly believe in the 'vast right wing conspiracy'? :lol:

Tonight will be a great night, Donald finally gets to take the stage as well Ivanka and Peter Thiel.



Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

21 Jul 2016, 12:21 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I am not wrong because the Clinton's 'burn the tapes' so to speak, I am not wrong because the Clinton's are held to different standard than rest of America. Do you believe Bill Cosby is guilty? Why aren't any other Democrats embroiled in constant scandal? It's just nonsense, do you honestly believe in the 'vast right wing conspiracy'? :lol:

Tonight will be a great night, Donald finally gets to take the stage as well Ivanka and Peter Thiel.


They tried to blame fast and furious on Obama when it was Bush's fault. They blame the deficit on Obama even though he cut it in half. They tried to blame him for the fake IRS scandal, they tried blaming him for Benghazi and they tried blaming him for Isis when again it was Bush's fault. So it looks like you're wrong again. :lol:



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jul 2016, 12:38 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
I am not wrong because the Clinton's 'burn the tapes' so to speak, I am not wrong because the Clinton's are held to different standard than rest of America. Do you believe Bill Cosby is guilty? Why aren't any other Democrats embroiled in constant scandal? It's just nonsense, do you honestly believe in the 'vast right wing conspiracy'? :lol:

Tonight will be a great night, Donald finally gets to take the stage as well Ivanka and Peter Thiel.


They tried to blame fast and furious on Obama when it was Bush's fault. They blame the deficit on Obama even though he cut it in half. They tried to blame him for the fake IRS scandal, they tried blaming him for Benghazi and they tried blaming him for Isis when again it was Bush's fault. So it looks like you're wrong again. :lol:


None of those had anything to do with Obama personally tho or with corruption, they are not scandals in the same vein as Whitewater or enabling a rapist. Incompetence and foolhardiness are not corruption. The closest thing to that was probably when ironically enough Hillary brought up Tony Rezko in one of the Democratic primary debate in 2008.