Black man beats up Dylann Roof, turning his own life around

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 1:52 am

This man snuck into the jailhouse shower to beat the crap out of Dylann Roof, the guy that shot up that Charleston church, killing 9 people. His name is Dwayne Stafford. Do you know where Stafford is now? Out on bond, and much better off than he was before he beat up Roof, thanks to the support of the community who were pleased at Stafford's actions:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jai ... re-n629576

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 2:06 am

Pleased at Stafford's actions?

He assaulted someone, I know Dylann Roof is guilty and you know Dylann Roof is guilty but you can't hand out judgment before a conviction. He needs to have his day in court, thats the law of the land, you can't just beat the hell out of someone and call it justice. He'll probably get the death penalty and he'll deserve it but in the meantime that doesn't mean he deserves the actions of a vigilante. This is an example of poor jail security to me, Dylann Roof is going to get what he deserves but he should be protected against such things until he is convicted. The way America works is you are innocent until proven guilty and I hard core believe that, we have gone away from that too much as a county in my opinion. You can't take justice in your own hands, just wait for it to come the legal way.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 2:49 am

Lets violate the constitution and make it "guilty until proven innocent". As much as we all hate him, he still needs to under go a fair trial.
:roll:

enz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 4:53 am

Haha, yeah that happens sometimes

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 10:45 am

Prison management should be held fully accountable for the safety of the inmates under their authority.

There should be no prison rape and much less prison assault.

Regardless of public passion about particular inmates and their crimes, prisons should be held accountable.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 10:57 am

The problem is that regardless of the dislike myself and others might feel towards Mr Roof, it is not right to subject him to a punishment without going through the correct legal process.

I hold the view that Mr Roof should be kept alive and well so that society in general can deal with him at a court and then the prison service in the US may well have to carry out the instructions of the court. It is interesting to note that Adolf Eichmann was kept in jail with great care to prevent him killing himself and also a great effort was made to keep anyone who would have a reason to take revenge on him away from him. This was to keep him alive so that the court imposed sentence could be carried out. For details see http://www.aish.com/ho/i/48959761.html

Mr Roof could be subject to the death penalty, even if he is he should be kept alive and protected from informal punishments. If he gets a jail sentence then he should be kept alive and well, while he is known to have killed black people at a church I think that a lot of people of all races would find him to be a very nasty person, I imagine that some people (of various races) might want to beat him up or even kill him in jail. This in some ways would be allowing him an easy way out, my own view is that he should be kept alive to face his punishment in full, that is assuming that the trial comes out with a guilty verdict. I think that it is going to be very likely that he will be found guilty of murder.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 11:40 am

I agree with Adam.

But I'm glad that Dylann guy got his "just desserts."

Sometimes, people need a taste of their own medicine.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 7:32 pm

While it's hard to sympathize with a POS like Roof, the fact remains he was in police custody, and so should have been afforded every right and protection while in jail.