Anti-Trump Protests Erupt after Victory

Page 2 of 13 [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 3:49 am

anagram wrote:
it still makes no sense to protest against something that has already happened and can't be reversed, if you're not proposing an alternative or some other constructive thing to do about it

I have explained to you why it makes perfect sense. Would you like me to elaborate.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 4:05 am

Let's just hope it gets really cold. It's supposed to be in the 30's on Friday and Saturday. I can't see them wanting to be in the cold with no TV when they could be in their jammies, eating popcorn, and playing video games.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 4:15 am

nurseangela wrote:
Let's just hope it gets really cold. It's supposed to be in the 30's on Friday and Saturday. I can't see them wanting to be in the cold with no TV when they could be in their jammies, eating popcorn, and playing video games.

Right, because everyone is as privileged as you and can actually afford to do that. :roll:

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 5:47 am

anagram wrote:
it still makes no sense to protest against something that has already happened and can't be reversed, if you're not proposing an alternative or some other constructive thing to do about it

a protest by a significant % of people against something democratic can just be about sending a strong message of what will and won't be tolerated by that section of society.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

10 Nov 2016, 8:17 am

Peacesells wrote:
AJisHere wrote:
Sic semper tyrannis

WOW.

Peacesells but who's buying.

Violent people promote violence. They look forvreasons to be that way.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 10:22 am

I saw the protests on TV last night. It was delightful. :twisted:

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 10:41 am

My stance on protests- peaceful ones are generally fine, but when it involves violence, looting, destruction of property and so on.. its a problem and needs to just stop.

lostonearth35 wrote:
I saw the protests on TV last night. It was delightful. :twisted:

That is just sick.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 10:49 am

As I'm reading this thread, I especially take notice in one thing that you maybe don't take much notice of, as you are used to it, and that is the use of the word "class". "Middle class", "working class", "lower class". I don't think it's a good thing, I can literally feel it as I'm reading. I guess this is off-topic.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 10:50 am

Just, because trump, well trumped the election. Not respecting that is a serious threat to democracy. End of story. They´re not respecting the election. If, Trump trumps the election then he trumps the election. You can protest democracy. -.- Well, you can but it ain´t going to get you anywhere.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 11:06 am

Pieplup wrote:
democracy.

They aren't protesting democracy. That's a joke. They're protesting democracy's weird cousin the indirect unrepresentative electoral college.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 11:22 am

AJisHere wrote:
I have explained to you why it makes perfect sense. Would you like me to elaborate.

i'm listening if you do, but i suspect we just fundamentally disagree. i'm a pragmatist, or at least i like to believe i am one, and i don't see idealism as a virtue

viewtopic.php?t=332317&p=7358833#p7358833

viewtopic.php?t=332313&p=7358787#p7358785

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 11:24 am

The direction of the world has changed at times in the past all because of protest.

Throw off those brain shakles, stop being sheep and realise the world is yours to shape. If you want something changing then peacefully protesting is your democratic right.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 11:26 am

Biscuitman wrote:
The direction of the world has changed at times in the past all because of protest.

Throw off those brain shakles, stop being sheep and realise the world is yours to shape. If you want something changing then peacefully protesting is your democratic right.

i just think it's important to know what you're protesting against (or showing support for), and to make it clear. or else it's only a stage for opportunists, and they will destroy your cause

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 11:31 am

anagram wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

i just think it's important to know what you're protesting against (or showing support for), and to make it clear. or else it's only a stage for opportunists, and they will destroy your cause

totally agree. and I would add violence to that, any violence and you have lost your protest message.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 11:36 am

Biscuitman wrote:
anagram wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

totally agree. and I would add violence to that, any violence and you have lost your protest message.

Well, here's your violence - the usual Left antidote.

Twitter Erupts With Calls For Donald Trump To Be Assassinated. http://tiny.iavian.net/di4h

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 11:38 am

More Violence.....

‘People Have to Die’: Anti-Trump Protester Calls For Violence on CNN. http://tiny.iavian.net/difp

Darn, I flunked.