Anti-Trump Protests Erupt after Victory

Page 8 of 13 [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 1:11 am

nurseangela wrote:
I see a Revolution coming.

It's long overdue.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 1:24 am

These riots are getting pretty disgusting. Damn anarchists.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 2:12 am

AJisHere wrote:
Some perspective for the Trump crowd:

I've heard it said now that people here were more frightened and more depressed on 11/9/2016 than on 9/11/2001.

I can't disagree.

Most New Yorkers a major Hillary state would not say that.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 2:20 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
AJisHere wrote:
Some perspective for the Trump crowd:

I've heard it said now that people here were more frightened and more depressed on 11/9/2016 than on 9/11/2001.

I can't disagree.

Most New Yorkers a major Hillary state would not say that.

No, I imagine they would not.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 3:44 am

Raptor wrote:
The Trump Administration and it will be upon us in 2 months and nine days.

So does he have to hide till then??

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 3:51 am

Raptor wrote:
Do I need to go back over several years and dig up some threads started solely to troll and demonize the conservatives?
Guess what, they were not started or fueled by conservatives or non-progressives.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the sting of battle and adore trolls for all thier antics.
Demonization nourishes me but still I see the intent behind it and will call a pig's ass pork just the same.

Strange that Trump apologists feel they must be so defensive? I guess it's much harder to defend your support for a self centred narcissist who only entered politics to make more money for himself...

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 11:24 am

cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:
The Trump Administration and it will be upon us in 2 months and nine days.

So does he have to hide till then??

I said that more for the realization that he will in fact be the President of the Unites States in two months and eight days, something we thought highly unlikely just days ago.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 11:30 am

cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Do I need to go back over several years and dig up some threads started solely to troll and demonize the conservatives?
Guess what, they were not started or fueled by conservatives or non-progressives.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the sting of battle and adore trolls for all thier antics.
Demonization nourishes me but still I see the intent behind it and will call a pig's ass pork just the same.

Strange that Trump apologists feel they must be so defensive? I guess it's much harder to defend your support for a self centred narcissist who only entered politics to make more money for himself...

Who's apologising?
Would the left be apologizing if The Witch had won? I think not.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 12:03 pm

I get the impression you don't know what an apologist is.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 12:24 pm

Darmok wrote:
They told me if I voted for Trump, we'd see racist goons beating people in the streets, and they were right!

Bystanders yell anti-Trump taunts as man beaten after car crash

Social media video captures a West Side beating while onlookers shout about President-elect Donald Trump

A man shown in a viral video getting punched and kicked as a crowd yells, "Don't vote Trump" acknowledges he supports Donald Trump but said Thursday that's not what started the beating on the West Side the day after the presidential election.

David Wilcox, 49, said he was about to turn left from Kedzie Avenue to Roosevelt Road around 1 p.m. Wednesday when a black sedan pulled up and scraped the right side of his Pontiac Bonneville.

"I stopped and parked. And I asked if they had insurance, and the next thing that I knew they were beating the s--- out of me," Wilcox said Thursday.

A phone video shot from a bus stop at the intersection shows Wilcox being knocked to the pavement as five people gather around him. A man in the group straddles his back and punches Wilcox with both hands.

As the fight picks up, people on the sidewalk away from the struggle yell taunts that include "You voted Trump," "Beat his ass" and "Don't vote Trump." ...

Wilcox said he did vote for Trump on Tuesday, but no one in the crowd would have known that. He said the taunts appeared to come from people watching the beating, including one person at the bus stop who he heard say, "Yeah, it's one of them white boy Trump guys."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... story.html

This is pretty effing horrible. We shouldn't be stooping to this level.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 1:17 pm

AJisHere wrote:
I get the impression you don't know what an apologist is.

Gee whillikers, you done found me out!
We didnt learn big words like that in the one room log schoolhouse on Tobacco Road here in Dogpatch where'n I got my book learnin' from.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 4:31 pm

Racists of every color are disgusting.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 6:49 pm

Shooting in Portland.

https://www.rt.com/usa/366640-portland- ... ing-trump/

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 7:14 pm

Raptor wrote:
Would the left be apologizing if The Witch had won? I think not.
]

President Bernie Sanders seems to be an opportunity missed...I guess Americans have 4 years to consider what is wrong with their electoral system where Clinton actually won more primary votes than Trump

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 7:43 pm

I think the saddest thing about the protests and riots going on- Trump supporters instantly assume all are democrats that love Hillary. I highly doubt all are democrats.

This election divided the country more than ever, in my view. People are being extra nasty towards others that didn't vote how they did. Trump brought a lot of hate out of people, even if his supporters refuse to say so. It's unfortunate how people think one person can somehow "fix" America. As I've said before- look at who Trump is surrounded by: people that are racist, people that hate LGBT and so on. They will make life rough on LGBT people. Remember that North Carolina bathroom law thats garbage? I honestly think that type of crap will spread more and more due to Trump and his friends.

Why can't everyone in USA have equal rights? Its 2016 for crying out loud! People of every race, religion and gender deserves to be treated fairly!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran