Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 6:54 pm

Trump could reshape Justice Department's civil rights focus

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 2:01 pm

With Trump bringing the king-o'-the-racists, Steve Bannon, into the White House, that seems all the more likely.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 8:21 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
With Trump bringing the king-o'-the-racists, Steve Bannon, into the White House, that seems all the more likely.

So what exactly has Bannon done to earn that title?
Just the facts please.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 1:26 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Just the facts please.

Unless you have not been watching the news for the past few days, which is hardly credible, you'd find that Bannon had been editor of Breitbart, which under his aegis has become a focal point for every sack of roaches in the alt right movement, from white nationalists, to Holocaust deniers, to birthers, to misogynists in the men's rights movement. And his internet site reflects that, with their most insane racial conspiracy theories involving the President and his family, Antisemitic Zionist plots to control the earth, as well as having a regular section dedicated solely to black crime. Trump's own family has beseeched him to distance himself from this deplorable.
If you haven't been keeping up with the news, I suggest you turn on CNN.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

15 Nov 2016, 6:55 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Just the facts please.

Unless you have not been watching the news for the past few days, which is hardly credible, you'd find that Bannon had been editor of Breitbart, which under his aegis has become a focal point for every sack of roaches in the alt right movement, from white nationalists, to Holocaust deniers, to birthers, to misogynists in the men's rights movement. And his internet site reflects that, with their most insane racial conspiracy theories involving the President and his family, Antisemitic Zionist plots to control the earth, as well as having a regular section dedicated solely to black crime. Trump's own family has beseeched him to distance himself from this deplorable.

I suggest you turn that garbage off, the state propaganda from CNN is rotting your brain. None of it true.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 4:18 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Just the facts please.

I suggest you turn that garbage off, the state propaganda from CNN is rotting your brain. None of it true.

I'm sorry, but that statement is beyond the realm of reality.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 4:36 pm

I checked out the Breitbart site and it was very well presented. As a consumer of so-called "liberal media," I get most of my news with bias, so it is interesting to see news presented with the opposing bias. I didn't see anything disturbing or deviating from civil rights, but it was just a snapshot.

With the large number of possible Supreme Court vacancies Trump will surely shape the American priorities for years to come. And it is easy to see his thinking: abortion - no, concessions to the Black American population - no. At heart, I think he is a businessman and he likes to make a financial success of things. Who knows. I'm not going to write him off because of his views on the above issues. There are far worse leaders in the world.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 4:40 pm

Why the Big Lie About Steve Bannon?

All the existential rage of the defeated and humiliated elites is now focused against Steve Bannon -- the architect of Trump's victory, the media genius who won the battle with less than a fifth of the financial resources at Hillary Clinton's disposal....

We have learned from the sewage-storm directed at Bannon that the Establishment plays dirty, and that the formerly Republican #NeverTrumpers aren't just misguided ideologues, but also yellow-bellied, gutter-crawling, backstabbing, bushwhacking liars. Hell hath no fury like a self-designated elite scorned.

They hate Steve Bannon because he beat them, fair and square, on the battlefield of social media. He is the president-elect's most effective general.

https://pjmedia.com/spengler/2016/11/15 ... epage=true

There Are Four Lights!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 6:55 pm

Darmok wrote:
Why the Big Lie About Steve Bannon?

All the existential rage of the defeated and humiliated elites is now focused against Steve Bannon -- the architect of Trump's victory, the media genius who won the battle with less than a fifth of the financial resources at Hillary Clinton's disposal....

We have learned from the sewage-storm directed at Bannon that the Establishment plays dirty, and that the formerly Republican #NeverTrumpers aren't just misguided ideologues, but also yellow-bellied, gutter-crawling, backstabbing, bushwhacking liars. Hell hath no fury like a self-designated elite scorned.

They hate Steve Bannon because he beat them, fair and square, on the battlefield of social media. He is the president-elect's most effective general.

https://pjmedia.com/spengler/2016/11/15 ... epage=true

No, we hate Bannon because he has made the racist, sexist, Antisemitic alt right semi-respectable. Trust me, we'd still hate him even if we won.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 9:21 pm

Sigh.....
Trump is going to select his cabinet the same as Obama selected his and every president before, with people the other party probably won't like.
Nothing new here.

The right survived Obama for eight long years and to me in my everyday life his presidency was mostly invisible.
Improvise, adapt, and overcome.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 10:03 pm

Raptor wrote:
Sigh.....
Trump is going to select his cabinet the same as Obama selected his and every president before, with people the other party probably won't like.
Nothing new here.

The right survived Obama for eight long years and to me in my everyday life his presidency was mostly invisible.

How many presidents picked so many anti-LGBT and racists for their cabinet though?

This isnt all left vs right- its a matter of being decent humans. Trump and friends are very racist, sexist and/or anti-LGBT. That's horrible no matter what side you are on, period.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 10:29 pm

Earthbound wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Sigh.....
Nothing new here.

How many presidents picked so many anti-LGBT and racists for their cabinet though?

This isnt all left vs right- its a matter of being decent humans. Trump and friends are very racist, sexist and/or anti-LGBT. That's horrible no matter what side you are on, period.

You know, I don't even give a sh!t enough to look into who all's a racist or homophobe. What's he going to do for the economy (if anything) is what's' on the minds of most people more than anything.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 10:36 pm

Raptor wrote:
Earthbound wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Sigh.....
Nothing new here.

You know, I don't even give a sh!t enough to look into who all's a racist or homophobe. What's he going to do for the economy (if anything) is what's' on the minds of most people more than anything.

I second that, Mr. R. I don't give a s**ts ( :mrgreen:) about racial stuff - just the economy, illegal immigration, and ISIS.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 12:26 am

nurseangela wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Earthbound wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Sigh.....
Nothing new here.

I second that, Mr. R. I don't give a s**ts ( :mrgreen:) about racial stuff - just the economy, illegal immigration, and ISIS.

But would you feel the same way if you weren't white, or gay? We have to remember all our fellow citizens.

HisShadowX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Nov 2016, 6:37 pm

AspergianMutantt wrote:

I remember clearly when Obama was elected and assumed power the very first day he ordered the Justice Department to drop charges on the New Black Panther Party who blocked white people from voting with weapons.

The judge was furious after guilt was admitted and sentencing was to follow

I am happy that justice department is going bye bye

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2016, 12:10 pm

I don't have a problem with Breitbart----I have visited there, for the same reason someone else mentioned: because most of my news (local TV station) comes-from a liberal source, so I like the balance. If I liked my local Fox News station's anchors, better, I'd watch them more than I do now, cuz they come-on at 4pm, and I wouldn't have to wait 'til 5----I DO watch them, when something really big, happens, to get a different perspective, though.

I also agree with whomever said that Bannon was the reason for Mr. Trump's win.

As for, "Trump could reshape Justice Department's civil rights focus": I only skimmed it, but I don't see anything inflammatory in that article----for one thing, I ALSO think that the BLM are putting cops at risk. As always, I think the media LOVES to sensationalize----you woulda thought they'd learn, after the debacle of acting-like, everyday, that Hillary was gonna win!! Also, if PE Trump can get rid-of Loretta Lynch, that'd be GOOD, IMO----"We were talking about grandchildren and golf"; yeah, right----gimme a break!!