Page 1 of 8 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 3:51 am

people have gotten RFID implants before, disabled and healthy alike. i didn't pick up on how this would change what choice the disabled and their representatives have regarding that.

i totally predicted that the article would end on old ben's famous quote, its meaning having been thoroughly mangled by the passage of the centuries. i believe it was initially intended to defend the authority of self government to serve in the interest of collective security - not some romantic struggle between liberty and government encroachment.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 4:06 am

ok, what would you think if it was decided that you should be chipped just like fido, and tracked anywhere for any reason? are you really fine with being chipped just like an animal? do you want anybody to be able to track you anywhere for any reason? there is no reason to presume that once given that power, the PTB will stay strictly within narrow parameters, IOW "give an inch, take a mile."

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 4:16 am

the answer is "no".

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 5:32 am

The future is scary. I'm never getting microchipped, f**k that.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 5:33 am

fight it with all your strength, brother.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 5:49 am

I'm fine with it. This is actually for people to tend to wander off like dementia or people with developmental disorders who wander off. How many times have we heard stories about autistic children and adults wandering off and people with very low IQs? It just makes it easier for the caregivers and families to find them if they wander off.

I don't think this is something for you to worry about because you're "high functioning."

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 5:53 am

League_Girl wrote:
I'm fine with it. This is actually for people to tend to wander off like dementia or people with developmental disorders who wander off. How many times have we heard stories about autistic children and adults wandering off and people with very low IQs? It just makes it easier for the caregivers and families to find them if they wander off.

I don't think this is something for you to worry about because you're "high functioning."

how does one know that, once the PTB are given this power, that they won't expand it gradually to encompass more and more of us, high-functioning even?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 10:56 am

People getting chipped is bound to happen eventually. My dad says he can remember talk of society being chipped going back to the early 80's. The theory at the time was that it was going to start with soldiers in the military.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 11:09 am

Kevin and Avonte's law does not force people have microchips or anything implanted. What this is about is tracking devices which if you have a GPS or a smart phone you voluntarily allow. The law specifically says "non-invasive and non-permanent".

It specifically mentions autistics and alzhiemer's people and mandates US Attorney General "consulting" involvement" with Secretary of Health and Human services and "leading research, advocacy, self-advocacy, and service organizations" . It is a form of profiling that means the Government will be working with Autism Speaks in designing these devices. "Fake news" and urban legends deflects from the bad enough reality.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 3:18 pm

If they come at my daughter or me with those chips, I'll let them know where they can put those f*cking things. :evil:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 3:26 pm

being singled out for having to wear even a bracelet is obnoxious. a fundamental right of democracy [felix frankfurter] is the right to be left alone.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Jan 2017, 3:40 pm

Having staggered through Mom's ten years of Alzheimer's, may I suggest that whoever holds the Power of Attorney, signed by Mom when she saw dementia coming on strong, in favour of Sis, then Sis has the right to get a chip for Mom. That's a theory, what do you think? Do you know where your mother is?

I fall a lot and can't get up. The social workers are getting for me a band I can wear like a watch and press on it to make 911 come.

I think if the chip is something you can take off whenever you like, it should be a possibility. How about lost children? How about an alarm if a baby stops breathing?

Of course we'll have to defend ourselves against misuse, as usual.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 3:44 pm

^^^in terms of "misuse" I put nothing past the current gang that will shortly be in office down here come inauguration day.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 4:13 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kevin and Avonte's law does not force people have microchips or anything implanted. What this is about is tracking devices which if you have a GPS or a smart phone you voluntarily allow. The law specifically says "non-invasive and non-permanent".

words can always be bent to suit the desires of those executing them. "non invasive" i can understand, but how exactly do they mean "non-permanent"? in the case that the chipped person develops enough that he/she is deemed by someone (who?) able to live without it? a preset amount of time has elapsed?

i do believe it should be able to be removed by someone, if needed. but if it's subcutaneous it would be a pretty bloody affair to do it yourself.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Jan 2017, 5:36 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

words can always be bent to suit the desires of those executing them. "non invasive" i can understand, but how exactly do they mean "non-permanent"? in the case that the chipped person develops enough that he/she is deemed by someone (who?) able to live without it? a preset amount of time has elapsed?

i do believe it should be able to be removed by someone, if needed. but if it's subcutaneous it would be a pretty bloody affair to do it yourself.

how about a wrist-band you can remove like watch?