Page 5 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 10:12 pm

Trump's mother (Mary Anne MacLeod) grew up in the village of Tong on the island of Lewis of the coast of Scotland
My understanding is she's as Scottish as a haggis wearing a kilt..also explains Trump's trademark orange hair...

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 10:16 pm

Nope.

Trump was born in America, he is f*****g yours.

Not our fault.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 10:36 pm

QuillAlba wrote:

I live in Australia, Luckily he's not mine either

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 10:38 pm

cyberdad wrote:
QuillAlba wrote:

LOL

Like watching another struggle on the horizon, we laugh at America.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 10:40 pm

QuillAlba wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
QuillAlba wrote:

LOL

Like watching another struggle on the horizon, we laugh at America.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 1:44 pm

Americans made the right choice for the world and no one said a word about the voting system beforehand. Time to move on and just be thankful that Clinton ended up having a psychotic tantrum rather than being given a license to go on a psychotic war rampage.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 5:03 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
and just be thankful that Clinton ended up having a psychotic

I actually thought she handled herself well under the circumstances

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

10 Dec 2016, 5:26 pm

Feyokien wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
The context of what I said about the Democrats was their not listening to voters and their false paternalism masking the fact that they are the actual oppressors. I am not a Republican, I strongly supported Trump but also the Clintons have always been enemy #1 having known of their wickedness all my life. There was nothing on this earth that could convinced me to vote for Hillary and I was not alone in these feelings, Democrats should kick themselves for letting their party and nominating process become so corrupted that such a unacceptable candidate like Hillary would receive the nomination. I always had 100% confidence in defeating Hillary and was warning people of such for years, she had no business being where she was at which is why she limited her appearances so much and never took questions. Democrats actually did have a strong candidate in Jim Webb the 'progressive' national party found him unacceptably conservative for not playing the identity politics game and for actually trying to appeal to working class white voters which are necessary to win any election.

And what is the point of any of this? We're talking about the electoral college, not the primaries. Deflection....

Jacoby wrote:
Can you stop breaking up my posts like that, are you doing it to annoy me? Do you enjoy sitting there formatting your post to do that?

No I'm doing it to clearing explain my point on every point. I don't like walls of text, they can easily be misinterpreted.

Jacoby wrote:
There is proof the voter fraud that voter fraud happened but we have secret ballots so holding people accountable is pretty hard, there is massive fraud when it comes to absentee ballots. Something like half the precincts in Detroit had machines that tabulated more voters than ballots, lots and lots of funny business happens. Big city democrats have been perpetrating fraud for decades, the 1960 election was decided fraud in Chicago under Mayor Daley's watch. Not baseless, part of history, maybe ask your professor.

Where? :D Still baseless and just noise. The only thing I could find was Republicans at the time of the 1960 election whining much like some Democrats are doing today. Without sustainable proof it is meaningless and lost to the depths of time now.

Jacoby wrote:
It's just common sense it has never stopped since it ha worked and as we can see the corruption out of Chicago is still palpable. I saw tentacles of it first hand up in Milwaukee which has serious issues with it as well. I bring up undue burden because that is the main argument against combating voter fraud, that it somehow specifically targets minority voters which is such a lie. Do you support voter ID, do you think loopholes that allow fraud should be closed? If you agree with that then what are you arguing about?

More deflecting

Jacoby wrote:
What is ugly about it? Slavery was not a unique institution, it had exist since the dawn of man up and still does in other forms/other countries. It was wrong and the most deadly war in American history is what ended it. I feel no guilt for something I did not partake in, what the specific issues were at the time are irrelevant to the fact that the purpose was to preserve state sovereignty which is the basis of our country. I do not subscribe to this idea that because the founders had slaves that everything they believed and stood should no longer be valued, if California and New York decided our elections then there would be no reason for other states to not secede.

You weren't supposed to feel guilt. You were supposed to take away the fact that the elector system was instituted because certain states had extreme suffrage limitations like the south so they wanted to expand their power without giving rights to slaves and others. Still in effect today, I consider it an American issue, not the issue of a single party.

California and New York don't decide our elections nor would they based on the popular vote......that's such a misused factoid. 40% of Iowan voters and every other political group that is the minority in their state along with all the majority voters in their respective states would decide the elections in a very fair and modern way, instead of winner take all nonsense.

Jacoby wrote:
Now I think changes to our system aren't a bad idea but the president will never be elected by the popular vote. I like the idea of radically expanding congress so districts do not exceed 70k repealing the 17th amendment so the senate can represent that states as it was originally intended, it makes no sense for the senate to be a supercongress. You don't have to radically expand that much or repeal the 17th, at the very least it should be expanded to the point that districts are evenly populated. Donald Trump won the election that way the rules required, trying to say Trump is illegitimate because of it is wrong and if the election was decided by the popular vote then the campaign would of looked a lot different so what the result actually was is irrelevant in that scenario. Democrats if they want to win elections need to try to appeal to the middle of the country or else they will continue to lose.

I don't think I'm arguing Trumps legitimacy anymore....I'm more interested in fixing the system so future elections can be representative of the American people, an actual democracy. This whole thing started with your misuse of the word democracy.

While trying to 'explain your point on every point' you sure make no point to explain or discuss anything. Deflection this, whining about that. I didn't misuse the word democracy, you are just trying to argue the semantics of it. I suggest putting your efforts into something else besides changing the electoral college because it will be an exercise in futility. It will all be moot in 2020 when Donald carries 49 of 50. :P

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 7:57 pm

Jacoby wrote:
While trying to 'explain your point on every point' you sure make no point to explain or discuss anything. Deflection this, whining about that. I didn't misuse the word democracy, you are just trying to argue the semantics of it. I suggest putting your efforts into something else besides changing the electoral college because it will be an exercise in futility. It will all be moot in 2020 when Donald carries 49 of 50. :P

I'm not the one trying to expand the argument to try to find leverage to make myself look better after I've clearly been discredited.... :shrug:

You're also the one that is whining about my posting style..... :wink:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 11:40 pm

Jacoby wrote:
It will all be moot in 2020 when Donald carries 49 of 50. :P

Only in your dreams :lol:

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

11 Dec 2016, 10:08 am

Feyokien wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

I'm not the one trying to expand the argument to try to find leverage to make myself look better after I've clearly been discredited.... :shrug:

You're also the one that is whining about my posting style..... :wink:

I say this to everyone that does the fisking or whatever it is called style, it is annoying and clutters up the pages creating huge quote trees instead of filling them with substance. I like to discuss things, obviously, but you're interpreting that as seeking leverage.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2016, 5:01 pm

cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
and just be thankful that Clinton ended up having a psychotic

I actually thought she handled herself well under the circumstances

When the cameras were on, apart from her collapse of course. But when the cameras were off the real her came out. She's a psycho.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"