Page 2 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2016, 1:36 pm

Yep they are certainly great countries. I'm not entirely sure honestly though, I don't like the way the UK is going anymore. More racist, more xenophobic to anyone not from here.
The house prices are a complete shambles, it's much easier to buy a huge house in Germany than it is to buy a sh***y 2 bed house here. I don't see a point in a mortgage here anymore. It's always going to be better elsewhere.

Germany is pretty well known for its welcoming nature, maybe not too much recently with the refugees. I've been to Germany plenty of times, Wacken, goth festivals, meeting friends etc. It's a very pretty country, rather underrated.
The people have always been super nice to me and always wanted me to come back and visit.
Kind of important for me but the alternative subcultures there are HUGE. Manchester has a nice metal scene but I just love Germany for it since there were hundreds getting together on a regular basis.

The schools there are a lot more relaxed than ours but stricter in other aspects, which is a prime concern for me as I would like to have some little minions some day. Overall they just seem way better after doing some research. Even the teachers get paid better and there are smaller class sizes.

But I agree Berlin & Munich are very nice cities. Germany has the best snacks ever, seriously.

I don't think I fancy Sweden, I'd prefer Belgium if not for Germany.
The Swedish can be a little too PC sometimes, my friend said her only grife with living there is that it's a bit too bitchy in comparison to the UK and some other EU countries.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2016, 7:31 pm

:roll:

I wonder if the surge of rapes and sexual assaults has anything to do with the change in the German people's "welcoming nature". A million refugees being poured in like that is sheer insanity and Merkel is a psychopath.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

07 Dec 2016, 7:49 pm

I get why some European's like the EU, if you're from a small country then it probably has made your world a lot bigger which is something as an American we can't relate to as a country of over 300M stretching from ocean to ocean. The UK is pretty crowded is it not? Not many Americans are very serious or even ever have considered even leaving the country.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2016, 7:53 pm

The UK is overpopulated and overcrowded beyond control. Hospitals are full to the brim, people are being turned away on the day of their operations and some people are waking up in store cupboards and being kept there for 36 hours. One of the intentions of mass immigration is to destroy the NHS.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2016, 2:29 am

:lol:

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2016, 7:07 am

Jacoby wrote:
I get why some European's like the EU, if you're from a small country then it probably has made your world a lot bigger which is something as an American we can't relate to as a country of over 300M stretching from ocean to ocean. The UK is pretty crowded is it not? Not many Americans are very serious or even ever have considered even leaving the country.

The cities are over crowded yeah, but if you go to the countryside towns it's ridiculously quiet and there's hardly queues for anything. I used to set my address at my aunts in Yorkshire if I needed anything from the NHS, no queues that way and you get seen by a doctor right away since there's not tons of people there.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2016, 1:08 pm

The great myth of urban Britain

2.27% of England is built on

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2016, 2:45 pm

I live out in the sticks and it takes at least a week to see a doctor. The hospitals are on black alert or on the brink of it very often.

Over 2% of our country being built on is far too much already. Why do you despise nature so much? Hedgehogs have been around for millions of years and are now facing extinction here. I wonder if that percentage takes into account water, or even just flood planes and forests etc. Why be so determined to put concrete everywhere with the same corporations flooding the country and destroying small businesses?

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2016, 3:04 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
The UK is overpopulated and overcrowded beyond control. Hospitals are full to the brim, people are being turned away on the day of their operations and some people are waking up in store cupboards and being kept there for 36 hours. One of the intentions of mass immigration is to destroy the NHS.

sadly leaving the EU is going to have massive implications on reasearch and medicine within the NHS. At the momen there is a tariff where medicine has to be sold to each country at the same price. When we leave european companies will be able to charge the UK extortionate fees for medicine. This is especially prevalent in the development of new cancer therapies most of which are funded by eu countries. I cannot tell you how many researchers are currently despairing at the massive blow to the scientific community, many naming it 'one of the darkest days for the scientific community'.

I agree mass immigration is an issue but the majority of our immigrants come from outside the EU and enter the country on visitor visas bypassing EU countries.

Also they will still be able to enter the UK because the deal is the free transfer of people

Not to mention the thousands of EU laws to do with food and environmental standards that will need to be reassessed. If we choose to follow the FDA then we will be introducing carcinogens and growth hormones into our food and cosmetics

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2016, 3:55 pm

Alliekit wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

sadly leaving the EU is going to have massive implications on reasearch and medicine within the NHS. At the momen there is a tariff where medicine has to be sold to each country at the same price. When we leave european companies will be able to charge the UK extortionate fees for medicine. This is especially prevalent in the development of new cancer therapies most of which are funded by eu countries. I cannot tell you how many researchers are currently despairing at the massive blow to the scientific community, many naming it 'one of the darkest days for the scientific community'.

I agree mass immigration is an issue but the majority of our immigrants come from outside the EU and enter the country on visitor visas bypassing EU countries.

Also they will still be able to enter the UK because the deal is the free transfer of people

Not to mention the thousands of EU laws to do with food and environmental standards that will need to be reassessed. If we choose to follow the FDA then we will be introducing carcinogens and growth hormones into our food and cosmetics

Look, I agree that the EU isn't the real problem, it's just a scapegoat. But once people see that mass immigration is still taking place after we leave, people will start to click on. We need to form our own laws and trade deals. The NHS is finished anyway.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2016, 7:21 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Democracy does not equal mob rule, in a democracy you cannot just throw out the law because you don't like it or because you lost an election. Considering what the Hillary campaign and the media were saying before the election about Trump not accepting the results being an affront to our political system, it is these hypocrites that do exactly that. As I said before, they project EVERYTHING on to who they consider their opponents which should be pretty scary considering how they throw around terms like authoritarian and fantasize about bloodshed & war in their own country. They go on and on about violence at Trump rallies but the Clinton campaign literally organized it, I people should be ashamed of supporting a real despot like Hillary Clinton and letting partisanship & ideology blind them to this fact. Thankfully America dodged that bullet and the republic was saved; Hillary wished to tear up our constitution and to sell American soveirgnty away forever while having a completely complicit propagandist media and their corporate overlords help her do it.

But what does the US presidential election have to do with Brexit? That would be democracy in its purest form, no?

I realise this has nothing to do with Brexit but...
Trump won 306 seats representing 46.6% of the vote
Clinton won 232 seats representing 48% of the vote

There is something seriously wrong with your electoral system if your president elect won 30% more seats with a -2% margin for votes??

Quite clearly there is what's called a "gerrymander" where your inland "redneck" states appear to have a disproportionate amount of voting power over the more developed economic zones in the US...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2016, 7:28 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
The great myth of urban Britain

2.27% of England is built on

Your "landed gentry" or "hereditary peers" in the House of Lords owns most of Britain. This explains why your population of 64 million people are boxed in to 12% of your land space...

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2016, 8:13 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Democracy does not equal mob rule, in a democracy you cannot just throw out the law because you don't like it or because you lost an election. Considering what the Hillary campaign and the media were saying before the election about Trump not accepting the results being an affront to our political system, it is these hypocrites that do exactly that. As I said before, they project EVERYTHING on to who they consider their opponents which should be pretty scary considering how they throw around terms like authoritarian and fantasize about bloodshed & war in their own country. They go on and on about violence at Trump rallies but the Clinton campaign literally organized it, I people should be ashamed of supporting a real despot like Hillary Clinton and letting partisanship & ideology blind them to this fact. Thankfully America dodged that bullet and the republic was saved; Hillary wished to tear up our constitution and to sell American soveirgnty away forever while having a completely complicit propagandist media and their corporate overlords help her do it.

But what does the US presidential election have to do with Brexit? That would be democracy in its purest form, no?

I realise this has nothing to do with Brexit but...
Trump won 306 seats representing 46.6% of the vote
Clinton won 232 seats representing 48% of the vote

There is something seriously wrong with your electoral system if your president elect won 30% more seats with a -2% margin for votes??

Quite clearly there is what's called a "gerrymander" where your inland "redneck" states appear to have a disproportionate amount of voting power over the more developed economic zones in the US...

It's the same reason how UKIP can win more than double the votes of the SNP and end up with 1 seat to their 56. The popular vote is meaningless, we have the electoral college and individual congressional districts and Hillary lost the majority of them. Maybe go look at the map of Trump's win, you can literally drive across America without touching blue. Democrats are concentrated in urban cities so what it seems like is you want gerrymandering that favors Democrats because it would have to be a pretty weird shape to get the majority of districts for Democrats. You can also blame part of that on the 1965 Voting Rights act which promotes minority-majority districts which while guaranteeing minorities representation it also concentrates in them into single districts.

Democrats forgot the middle of the country and our political system ensures the equal representation of the states, if our elections were meant to be decided by the popular vote then our founders would of made it so but they knew the problem was that if did that then a few big states can dictate to the rest of the country then the rest of the country will just call it quits, this is what federalism is all about. What you should be mad about is how incompetent the Hillary campaign was not to see this coming, you know she didn't even visit Wisconsin? Democrats sold their soul to Big Money and identity politics, the SJWs supposedly stand for tolerance but they are virulently anti-white and anti-any white culture. We're suppose to respect and celebrate everyone else's cultures while casting a collective guilt over whites? That is textbook racism. Maybe Democrats instead of trying to be culture police should focus on the issues voters actually care about.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2016, 8:25 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Democracy does not equal mob rule, in a democracy you cannot just throw out the law because you don't like it or because you lost an election.

Who said anything about throwing out the law? Using the phrase "Mob rule" in this context is very elitist and very unreflective of the terms actual meaning. I would hope you would construct better arguments.

"Ochlocracy, or Mob Rule, is often incorrectly equated with Tyranny of the Majority, but differs because Ochlocracy involves illegal action and does not necessitate a majority."

"The phrase "tyranny of the majority" (or "tyranny of the masses") is used in discussing an inherent weakness in the system of pure direct democracy and majority rule. Tyranny of the majority involves a scenario in which a majority of an electorate places its own interests above, and at the expense and to the detriment of, those in the minority, where by that detriment constitutes active oppression comparable to that of a tyrant or despot."

Currently the U.S. is experiencing "Tyranny of the minority" :wink:

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2016, 9:08 pm

Nonsense, the Electoral College is enshrined in our constitution which is the supreme law of all the land. You lost, get over it. Remove the voter fraud and Trump probably wins the meaningless popular vote too, we need strict voter ID laws nationwide and Democrats need to accept that if their whining about vote integrity means anything. Those racist KKK Nazi Canadians have voter ID did you know?

The electoral college is not going anywhere so Democrats are actually going to have to *gasp* try to appeal to Middle America! Listening to what the voters want, what kind of madness is this? Democrats really have not lost the plantation owner mentality at all, instead of trying to forge an actual winning coalition Democrats would rather attempt to breed one! Becoming the party of identity politics + billionaire elitists was not a winning strategy. 'It's the economy, stupid!', how could the Clinton's forget that?

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2016, 9:34 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Nonsense, the Electoral College is enshrined in our constitution which is the supreme law of all the land. You lost, get over it. Remove the voter fraud and Trump probably wins the meaningless popular vote too, we need strict voter ID laws nationwide and Democrats need to accept that if their whining about vote integrity means anything. Those racist KKK Nazi Canadians have voter ID did you know?

The electoral college is not going anywhere so Democrats are actually going to have to *gasp* try to appeal to Middle America! Listening to what the voters want, what kind of madness is this? Democrats really have not lost the plantation owner mentality at all, instead of trying to forge an actual winning coalition Democrats would rather attempt to breed one! Becoming the party of identity politics + billionaire elitists was not a winning strategy. 'It's the economy, stupid!', how could the Clinton's forget that?

You're becoming very erratic. "You lost, get over it." is not a valid conclusion to an argument. The constitution is amendable, thank god, or women would still not have suffrage and African Americans would still be worth only 3/5's an individual. The Founding Fathers argument is not valid. I've already debunked the voter fraud myth for you by investigating California's DOT website, but you seem to not want to grasp actual facts. As for stricter voter ID laws, that's not really a real issue since 2002 when the Federal Government tackled the issue before any state:

"At the federal level, the Help America Vote Act of 2002 requires voter ID for all new voters in federal elections who registered by mail and who did not provide a driver's license number or the last four digits of a Social Security number that was matched against government records.[1] No state required a voter to produce a government-issued photo ID as a condition to voting before the 2006 election."

Illegal immigrants cannot vote. Good for Canada I guess, maybe you should move there.

As for that second paragraph, where do I begin....I am Middle America, I was born in Maquoketa, Iowa and have lived in medium to small towns for basically my entire life.

Jacoby wrote:
Listening to what the voters want, what kind of madness is this?

This is a direct contradiction of your earlier statement about how "mob rule" shouldn't be a thing.

Jacoby wrote:
Democrats really have not lost the plantation owner mentality at all, instead of trying to forge an actual winning coalition Democrats would rather attempt to breed one! Becoming the party of identity politics + billionaire elitists was not a winning strategy. 'It's the economy, stupid!', how could the Clinton's forget that?

That....that just reeks. I should probably report it, but eh. I will end on the note that Trump is a billionaire elitist from New York so I don't understand your logic. I would also add that Steve Bannon is also a millionaire elitist.