Page 13 of 27 [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 27  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 4:10 pm

Darmok wrote:
Some parts you may not have seen:

Inauguration protesters vandalize city, try to disrupt Trump’s oath, police arrest nearly 100

Protesters made themselves heard in the nation’s capital Friday, leaving a trail of damage along some city blocks and disrupting security checkpoints to President Donald Trump’s inauguration, where they slowed crowds from entering onto the Mall and, in at least one spot, stopped them completely.

As people poured into the city to watch Trump sworn in as the 45th president, they encountered protesters across the area throughout the day. Many of the demonstrations were nonviolent, with people holding signs that spoke to their causes and concern. One protest even took on a carnival atmosphere, with puppets, stilt walkers and a giant inflatable elephant wearing a sign that read “racism.” But other groups tried to disrupt the day’s events by burning flags, throwing bricks and rioting en masse, leading to injuries and nearly 100 arrests by early afternoon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pr ... story.html

Yeah I can't condone violent protests, I don't really see what is so great about a trump presidency...I think the direction he wants to go with environmental policy is a big mistake and I don't think he is 'anti-establishment' at all he's just another corrupt wealthy elite. But all that said he is the president and regardless of reasons for not agreeing or hating it, its no excuse to be violent and destructive about it...what the hell do people think that's going to help? Be unhappy hold a picket sign, wear any symbolic clothing items or costume you want in disapproval and disagreement but destryoing sh*t just means someone has to fix it or pay to get it fixed so pretty inconsiderate and people could get hurt.

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 4:16 pm

I'm glad they're allowing the peaceful protesters to be along the parade route. Trump is even waving at them. I just hope they stay peaceful.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 4:21 pm

rats_and_cats wrote:
I'm glad they're allowing the peaceful protesters to be along the parade route. Trump is even waving at them. I just hope they stay peaceful.

Me to, as the instant such a thing gets violent the message is lost, perhaps trump will consider the thoughts and feelings of the protesters and look into what they disagree with and dislike...if he really geninely wants to do good he should listen to and consider people who disagree with him as well as those who do.

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 4:28 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
rats_and_cats wrote:

Me to, as the instant such a thing gets violent the message is lost, perhaps trump will consider the thoughts and feelings of the protesters and look into what they disagree with and dislike...if he really geninely wants to do good he should listen to and consider people who disagree with him as well as those who do.

In his speech he's already starting to sound a lot more reasonable, and he includes complaints that the left have brought up. I think he is willing to listen.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 4:53 pm

Trump's official Twitter account begins with 10 million followers:

https://twitter.com/POTUS

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 6:04 pm

Violent Leftist rioters set limousine on fire during anti-Trump protest.

There Are Four Lights!

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 6:06 pm

As someone who lives in the backwoods, it's great to see tractors in the parade.

I hope Trump is more mature in his Tweets as President. His Tweets throughout the campaign have always been cringeworthy.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 6:14 pm

Well, now that he is officially president let's let his actions speak for him for the next four years...

First thing on his plate...what to do about the thousands of angry protesters marching in major US cities

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 6:18 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Well, now that he is officially president let's let his actions speak for him for the next four years...

First thing on his plate...what to do about the thousands of angry protesters marching in major US cities

Definitely. Obama should have spoken out against the riots when they first started, now it's up to Trump.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 6:27 pm

rats_and_cats wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Definitely. Obama should have spoken out against the riots when they first started, now it's up to Trump.

Obamas gone

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 6:29 pm

cyberdad wrote:
rats_and_cats wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Obamas gone

These riots started with the election results.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 6:34 pm

rats_and_cats wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
rats_and_cats wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Obamas gone

What did you expect Obama to do? he was packing up his luggage

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 6:37 pm

cyberdad wrote:
rats_and_cats wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
rats_and_cats wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Obamas gone

What did you expect Obama to do? he was packing up his luggage

It would literally take five minutes to make an effective speech. He found plenty of time for other unrelated speeches between November and January.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 6:39 pm

Darmok wrote:
There was a time when such people were institutionalized. Now they just register as Democrats.

Yes of course!

but lest we forget the intellectual giants who protested against Obama
https://au.pinterest.com/pin/148970700149288195/

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 6:39 pm

cyberdad wrote:

Deport them to Canada or Mexico. Or better yet, put them in Guantanamo, where then we can build another big, huge wall around them. I bet the Russian's would pay for it! Then Putin can be invited to the Trump House for a celebration dinner!

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 6:42 pm

rats_and_cats wrote:
It would literally take five minutes to make an effective speech. He found plenty of time for other unrelated speeches between November and January.

Oh boo hoo...lets focus on America's new messiah and see if he can walk the talk