Page 5 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 33,753

10 Mar 2017, 2:00 am

JohnPowell wrote:
So people from Palestine aren't Palestinians, but people from Europe and Russia are Israelis? :| Everyone has suffered over the course of history, we just don't hear about it all the time.

Hamas recognised Israel in 2014 by agreeing to the peace terms set out by the EU and the US in forming a unity government with the PA, which included agreeing to all past negotiations, such as the Oslo Accords. Palestinians have to deal with Israel's terrorism on a daily basis more like.

I don't approve of Israel's race laws which discriminate in favor of European Jews over "oriental" Jews. Yes I recognise that many Palestinians have suffered, however, treaties need to be honored by both sides, not just the Israelis



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 33,753

10 Mar 2017, 2:02 am

ZenDen wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
Quote:
I'm not actually responsible for the thread nor have I posted anything remotely inflammatory?


Then this is my error.

But I thought labeling people with an inflammatory name such as "racist" was not kosher, proper, or approved of in this group?

And frankly two of you doing so at the same time makes it seem as though you're "ganging up" on an individual.

What did I miss?


I wasn't aware of any gang up behavior? People who critique John's views such as Kraichgauer or jnrjones933 are quite articulate and very moderate in their views


Rather than quibble with you I'll just ask you again to please recognize the terms you're using for what they are: the exact equivalent to using the "N" word to vilify another and paint them with what you consider a stain. I hope you recognize we don't need such and many here have experienced name calling themselves. Thanks.

I take your point and will endeavor to maintain a certain level of decorum in future.



0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2015
Posts: 658
Location: Oregon Coast

10 Mar 2017, 5:38 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Imagine the colors were reversed. Where's the media outrage?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 94016.html


Where is the media coverage? What is that that you linked to?

White people love to be racist and vote for racist xenophobic politicians who want to isolate their countries from the rest of the world and impose immigration bans to keep non-white people out. But then they cry like babies when people hate them back. :roll:


_________________
Autism Social Forum
A place for autistic people to discuss their interests.


ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Age: 81
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,730
Location: On top of the world

10 Mar 2017, 11:44 am

0regonGuy wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Imagine the colors were reversed. Where's the media outrage?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 94016.html


Where is the media coverage? What is that that you linked to?

White people love to be racist and vote for racist xenophobic politicians who want to isolate their countries from the rest of the world and impose immigration bans to keep non-white people out. But then they cry like babies when people hate them back. :roll:


"What is that that you linked to?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Independent

"White people love to be racist and vote for racist xenophobic politicians who want to isolate their countries from the rest of the world and impose immigration bans to keep non-white people out. But then they cry like babies when people hate them back."

So if anyone is against your rules of immigration then you label them racist and liken them to "babies?" This shows a certain lack of imagination.

And this brings to mind a particular person on TV (MSNBC?)who spouts similar rhetoric. This person is one of the sharpest people on TV and I used to watch the program regularly until the last Presidential race. What I saw before as completely unbiased commentary was now nothing more than partisan politics...of the worst type. In my estimation this is nothing but "hate speech" in a velvet glove...I am not fooled or amused.

But this is my failing....for stupidly not realizing this person/commentator is nothing but a paid shill, and I was stupid for not realizing this long before the recent electoral race. Mia culpa.



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,806
Location: Palestine

10 Mar 2017, 4:34 pm

cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
So people from Palestine aren't Palestinians, but people from Europe and Russia are Israelis? :| Everyone has suffered over the course of history, we just don't hear about it all the time.

Hamas recognised Israel in 2014 by agreeing to the peace terms set out by the EU and the US in forming a unity government with the PA, which included agreeing to all past negotiations, such as the Oslo Accords. Palestinians have to deal with Israel's terrorism on a daily basis more like.

I don't approve of Israel's race laws which discriminate in favor of European Jews over "oriental" Jews. Yes I recognise that many Palestinians have suffered, however, treaties need to be honored by both sides, not just the Israelis


What about laws over Palestinians? Well, the US and Israel are the only not honoring them.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 22 Oct 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 696

16 Mar 2017, 1:24 am

0regonGuy wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Imagine the colors were reversed. Where's the media outrage?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 94016.html


Where is the media coverage? What is that that you linked to?

White people love to be racist and vote for racist xenophobic politicians who want to isolate their countries from the rest of the world and impose immigration bans to keep non-white people out. But then they cry like babies when people hate them back. :roll:


Actually I think "white" countries are just as opened to foreign peoples as the others. 4% of the Netherlands is Muslim, and 17% of the United States is Latino. Additionally, 12 Million Germans live in Brazil, so it goes both ways. China, Iran, and Poland are 3 relatively large countries where multiple ethnic groups and sometimes even races get along to a certain degree (I'm not saying they're always successful though). You also mustn't forget the nonwestern countries that are just as hostile towards foreign populations. A lot of them have displayed the same attitude that colonial European nations have in the past, or worse. This is very noticeable in Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia, and India, where foreign populations are not viewed particularly fairly, despite 1 of these nations having huge amounts of diversity within the actual country.

What I'm saying is not that White Countries are any better at tolerating others, but that it's a universal thing. Racism and xenophobia is a worldwide phenomenon, and it's practically unavoidable. I was disgusted by this guy's actions because I would view the perpetrator in the same way if it was the other way around, and of course I don't know his background or his experiences with white people, so I view him the same way I would view a neo-Nazi or an Arab Supremacist, with tamed anger and disgust and a desire to probe for the underlying cause, not point out the flaws and continue the hatred.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 33,753

16 Mar 2017, 2:11 am

wrongcitizen wrote:
0regonGuy wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Imagine the colors were reversed. Where's the media outrage?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 94016.html


Where is the media coverage? What is that that you linked to?

White people love to be racist and vote for racist xenophobic politicians who want to isolate their countries from the rest of the world and impose immigration bans to keep non-white people out. But then they cry like babies when people hate them back. :roll:


Actually I think "white" countries are just as opened to foreign peoples as the others. 4% of the Netherlands is Muslim, and 17% of the United States is Latino. Additionally, 12 Million Germans live in Brazil, so it goes both ways. China, Iran, and Poland are 3 relatively large countries where multiple ethnic groups and sometimes even races get along to a certain degree (I'm not saying they're always successful though). You also mustn't forget the nonwestern countries that are just as hostile towards foreign populations. A lot of them have displayed the same attitude that colonial European nations have in the past, or worse. This is very noticeable in Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia, and India, where foreign populations are not viewed particularly fairly, despite 1 of these nations having huge amounts of diversity within the actual country.

What I'm saying is not that White Countries are any better at tolerating others, but that it's a universal thing. Racism and xenophobia is a worldwide phenomenon, and it's practically unavoidable. I was disgusted by this guy's actions because I would view the perpetrator in the same way if it was the other way around, and of course I don't know his background or his experiences with white people, so I view him the same way I would view a neo-Nazi or an Arab Supremacist, with tamed anger and disgust and a desire to probe for the underlying cause, not point out the flaws and continue the hatred.


If an alien landed on planet earth they would assume that we white folks are the overlords...simple demographics
Europeans make up 18% of the global population but control 70% of land, 80% of the wealth and 100% of nukes.

Immigration and national borders is a smokescreen



Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Mar 2016
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,182
Location: England

16 Mar 2017, 3:30 pm

0regonGuy wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Imagine the colors were reversed. Where's the media outrage?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 94016.html


Where is the media coverage? What is that that you linked to?

White people love to be racist and vote for racist xenophobic politicians who want to isolate their countries from the rest of the world and impose immigration bans to keep non-white people out. But then they cry like babies when people hate them back. :roll:


what an awful stereotypical thing to say. Not all white people are racist likewise not all muslims are like the man in the paper.



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,806
Location: Palestine

16 Mar 2017, 6:04 pm

cyberdad wrote:
wrongcitizen wrote:
0regonGuy wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Imagine the colors were reversed. Where's the media outrage?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 94016.html


Where is the media coverage? What is that that you linked to?

White people love to be racist and vote for racist xenophobic politicians who want to isolate their countries from the rest of the world and impose immigration bans to keep non-white people out. But then they cry like babies when people hate them back. :roll:


Actually I think "white" countries are just as opened to foreign peoples as the others. 4% of the Netherlands is Muslim, and 17% of the United States is Latino. Additionally, 12 Million Germans live in Brazil, so it goes both ways. China, Iran, and Poland are 3 relatively large countries where multiple ethnic groups and sometimes even races get along to a certain degree (I'm not saying they're always successful though). You also mustn't forget the nonwestern countries that are just as hostile towards foreign populations. A lot of them have displayed the same attitude that colonial European nations have in the past, or worse. This is very noticeable in Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia, and India, where foreign populations are not viewed particularly fairly, despite 1 of these nations having huge amounts of diversity within the actual country.

What I'm saying is not that White Countries are any better at tolerating others, but that it's a universal thing. Racism and xenophobia is a worldwide phenomenon, and it's practically unavoidable. I was disgusted by this guy's actions because I would view the perpetrator in the same way if it was the other way around, and of course I don't know his background or his experiences with white people, so I view him the same way I would view a neo-Nazi or an Arab Supremacist, with tamed anger and disgust and a desire to probe for the underlying cause, not point out the flaws and continue the hatred.


If an alien landed on planet earth they would assume that we white folks are the overlords...simple demographics
Europeans make up 18% of the global population but control 70% of land, 80% of the wealth and 100% of nukes.

Immigration and national borders is a smokescreen


Didn't realise Russia, Pakistan, China, Israel, North Korea and Turkey were in Europe.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 47,675
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

16 Mar 2017, 7:55 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
wrongcitizen wrote:
0regonGuy wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Imagine the colors were reversed. Where's the media outrage?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 94016.html


Where is the media coverage? What is that that you linked to?

White people love to be racist and vote for racist xenophobic politicians who want to isolate their countries from the rest of the world and impose immigration bans to keep non-white people out. But then they cry like babies when people hate them back. :roll:


Actually I think "white" countries are just as opened to foreign peoples as the others. 4% of the Netherlands is Muslim, and 17% of the United States is Latino. Additionally, 12 Million Germans live in Brazil, so it goes both ways. China, Iran, and Poland are 3 relatively large countries where multiple ethnic groups and sometimes even races get along to a certain degree (I'm not saying they're always successful though). You also mustn't forget the nonwestern countries that are just as hostile towards foreign populations. A lot of them have displayed the same attitude that colonial European nations have in the past, or worse. This is very noticeable in Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia, and India, where foreign populations are not viewed particularly fairly, despite 1 of these nations having huge amounts of diversity within the actual country.

What I'm saying is not that White Countries are any better at tolerating others, but that it's a universal thing. Racism and xenophobia is a worldwide phenomenon, and it's practically unavoidable. I was disgusted by this guy's actions because I would view the perpetrator in the same way if it was the other way around, and of course I don't know his background or his experiences with white people, so I view him the same way I would view a neo-Nazi or an Arab Supremacist, with tamed anger and disgust and a desire to probe for the underlying cause, not point out the flaws and continue the hatred.


If an alien landed on planet earth they would assume that we white folks are the overlords...simple demographics
Europeans make up 18% of the global population but control 70% of land, 80% of the wealth and 100% of nukes.

Immigration and national borders is a smokescreen


Didn't realise Russia, Pakistan, China, Israel, North Korea and Turkey were in Europe.


Western Russia is in Europe, though the greater part of the country is in Asia.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 33,753

16 Mar 2017, 9:22 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Didn't realise Russia, Pakistan, China, Israel, North Korea and Turkey were in Europe.

Russians are Europeans (unless you want to invoke Nazi propaganda) and control all their lands.

The Turks (inlcuding those in so called independent states in eastern Russia) and Arabs consider themselves "Europeans" when they live in western countries.



Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,698

16 Mar 2017, 9:27 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Imagine the colors were reversed. Where's the media outrage?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 94016.html


That's horrible. The UK has shockingly lenient sentances by American standards.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 33,753

16 Mar 2017, 9:30 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
What about laws over Palestinians? Well, the US and Israel are the only not honoring them.


Well Palestinians aren't renowned for keeping their side of the bargain are they.

On a side note I read an interesting article from a Palestinian mother of an autistic child. Apparently in Palestinian society it's common for mothers to "get rid" of their autistic child with the help of their extended family. It was a real eye opener and horribly barbaric (I won't repeat the details). She praised the Israeli government support for parents and children with autism. I guess not all the aid to Israel goes to weapons and if you are autistic it's better to live under Israeli occupation than have the spectre of your Palestinian family disposing of you like you are some type of burden



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 69
Gender: Male
Posts: 33,803
Location: temperate zone

16 Mar 2017, 10:00 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Theodiskaz wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Imagine the colors were reversed. Where's the media outrage?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 94016.html


I googled the man's name, Rezzas Abdulla, an apparent psychiatric patient. I found media outrage in english up through page 19 or so, then there was some apparent media outrage in foreign languages.

Does that help?


Yes, when a non white person does it, they are just mentally unstable, but if it's the other way round they do it because they are "whitesupremacistsnaziskkkbnpedl...."


Poor baby.
you're crying because "other people get to be racist, but not me. So why cant I be racist too? Boo friggin' hoo."

Obviously if the colors were reversed it would be likely that the White person doing the spitting would also be recognized as being "mentally unstable". Spitting on babies doesnt usually correlate with sanity. But forget that.

You seem to think that being labeled "mentally unstable" is somehow better (being given perferential treatment) to being called "racist".

So why dont we on WP give you the same preferential treatment?

From now on you John Powell can spout any racist tripe you want, and the rest of us wont call you "racist".

We all will just call you "mentally unstable" instead.

Since seem to think that the label "mentally unstable" is some kind of honorable title, or compliment, there is no reason for you to object to it. So why not?


You really don't get it do you. I'm not asking for permission to be racist. I'm asking for consistency and for others to practice what they preach. But mainly I'm pointing out the media's intentional race baiting and the double standards that come with it.

"Racism" causes more outrage than blowing millions of people up. If someone supports war that's fine, but if they're in the public eye and found guilty of "racism" or even accused of it, they are treated like they've carried out one of the worst crimes going, unless it's a white person who's the "victim" and this is utterly deranged.

If someone is called mentally unstable, then that would mean they get almost excused from their crime or alleged crime.


You really cant read, can you?

I said "if the spitter had been White, and the baby Black, the spitter would have been branded as being a nut job" (just like he was so branded). So I obviously "got" you alledged point. But also see through your alleged "point" to the truth: that you want the fun of being racist and wrongly believe that this lunatic person is getting the free pass on it that you envy.

And as it was there was a lot of outrage about his act. So your "point" was moot anyway.



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,806
Location: Palestine

17 Mar 2017, 2:42 pm

cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
What about laws over Palestinians? Well, the US and Israel are the only not honoring them.


Well Palestinians aren't renowned for keeping their side of the bargain are they.

On a side note I read an interesting article from a Palestinian mother of an autistic child. Apparently in Palestinian society it's common for mothers to "get rid" of their autistic child with the help of their extended family. It was a real eye opener and horribly barbaric (I won't repeat the details). She praised the Israeli government support for parents and children with autism. I guess not all the aid to Israel goes to weapons and if you are autistic it's better to live under Israeli occupation than have the spectre of your Palestinian family disposing of you like you are some type of burden


I'm not sure why you bother talking about this subject when you are so terribly misinformed. In reality, Israel break ceasefires and aren't interested in a 2 state solution. The record shows this. You keep repeating Israeli lies and propaganda if it helps you.

How touching. Again, in reality this shows how much Israel cares about autistic people. A family here with 4 disabled children (2 autistic) had their home bulldozed down by Israel because they want to steal more land that isn't theirs.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,806
Location: Palestine

17 Mar 2017, 2:49 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Theodiskaz wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Imagine the colors were reversed. Where's the media outrage?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 94016.html


I googled the man's name, Rezzas Abdulla, an apparent psychiatric patient. I found media outrage in english up through page 19 or so, then there was some apparent media outrage in foreign languages.

Does that help?


Yes, when a non white person does it, they are just mentally unstable, but if it's the other way round they do it because they are "whitesupremacistsnaziskkkbnpedl...."


Poor baby.
you're crying because "other people get to be racist, but not me. So why cant I be racist too? Boo friggin' hoo."

Obviously if the colors were reversed it would be likely that the White person doing the spitting would also be recognized as being "mentally unstable". Spitting on babies doesnt usually correlate with sanity. But forget that.

You seem to think that being labeled "mentally unstable" is somehow better (being given perferential treatment) to being called "racist".

So why dont we on WP give you the same preferential treatment?

From now on you John Powell can spout any racist tripe you want, and the rest of us wont call you "racist".

We all will just call you "mentally unstable" instead.

Since seem to think that the label "mentally unstable" is some kind of honorable title, or compliment, there is no reason for you to object to it. So why not?


You really don't get it do you. I'm not asking for permission to be racist. I'm asking for consistency and for others to practice what they preach. But mainly I'm pointing out the media's intentional race baiting and the double standards that come with it.

"Racism" causes more outrage than blowing millions of people up. If someone supports war that's fine, but if they're in the public eye and found guilty of "racism" or even accused of it, they are treated like they've carried out one of the worst crimes going, unless it's a white person who's the "victim" and this is utterly deranged.

If someone is called mentally unstable, then that would mean they get almost excused from their crime or alleged crime.


You really cant read, can you?

I said "if the spitter had been White, and the baby Black, the spitter would have been branded as being a nut job" (just like he was so branded). So I obviously "got" you alledged point. But also see through your alleged "point" to the truth: that you want the fun of being racist and wrongly believe that this lunatic person is getting the free pass on it that you envy.

And as it was there was a lot of outrage about his act. So your "point" was moot anyway.


No, that wasn't the point I was referring to. I was talking about double standards with racism, I'm not asking for permission to be racist I am asking for consistency, sorry if that confuses you.

A white guy probably get labelled a nut job but definitely a racist etc too and there would be endless media coverage. The attention on it would have been similar to the tram lady incident I'd imagine.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"