Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 2:00 am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/analysis-trumps-bromance-with-russias-putin-appears-to-be-cooling/ar-AAnJz0D?li=AA4Zpp&ocid=spartandhp

I have a feeling that one is going to throw the other the bus before all is said and done. The question: Who will do the throwing?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 8:09 pm

The so called bromance is a media invention.

And an article title like that seems similar to what I see on tabloids at the grocery store check out stand.

"Is [name of celebrity] and [name of celebrity] romance on the rocks"?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 8:49 pm

It's possible that Trump is more protective of US interests than Putin suspected.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 9:02 pm

EzraS wrote:

And an article title like that seems similar to what I see on tabloids at the grocery store check out stand.

You might be half right. I doubt Putin ever really had had much respect for Trump - especially if he does have something to manipulate Trump with. But from the way Trump talks about Putin, you'd think he was ready to drop to his knees and unzip Vladimir's fly.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

You might be half right. I doubt Putin ever really had had much respect for Trump - especially if he does have something to manipulate Trump with. But from the way Trump talks about Putin, you'd think he was ready to drop to his knees and unzip Vladimir's fly.

Does that apply to anyone who express admiration or respect for someone?

And I think one leader can express admiration or respect for another leader without necessarily agreeing with everything they do or will do. I think he mainly respects the fact that Putin has a pair, as does Trump. Unlike our former milquetoast pushover president.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 4:41 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

And I think one leader can express admiration or respect for another leader without necessarily agreeing with everything they do or will do. I think he mainly respects the fact that Putin has a pair, as does Trump. Unlike our former milquetoast pushover president.

Putin didn't dislike Obama for being a pushover - far from it. He disliked Obama because Obama had thwarted Russian expansion and deviltry at every turn. With Trump, Putin sees a President who he can manipulate into folding by either stroking Trump's ego, or by applying pressure with whatever Putin has over him.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 9:37 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Putin didn't dislike Obama for being a pushover - far from it. He disliked Obama because Obama had thwarted Russian expansion and deviltry at every turn. With Trump, Putin sees a President who he can manipulate into folding by either stroking Trump's ego, or by applying pressure with whatever Putin has over him.

I believe Putin considered Obama weak when it came to dealing with ISIS.

There's no evidence that Putin sees Trump as a president who he can manipulate into folding by either stroking Trump's ego, or by applying pressure with whatever Putin has over him. That's only pure speculation that was generated by Clinton during her campaign. Likewise there's no evidence that Putin has kompromat on Trump.

The entire thing has been to get the public to believe that Putin is somehow connected to Trump and Trump is connected to Russia.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 11:20 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I believe Putin considered Obama weak when it came to dealing with ISIS.

There's no evidence that Putin sees Trump as a president who he can manipulate into folding by either stroking Trump's ego, or by applying pressure with whatever Putin has over him. That's only pure speculation that was generated by Clinton during her campaign. Likewise there's no evidence that Putin has kompromat on Trump.

The entire thing has been to get the public to believe that Putin is somehow connected to Trump and Trump is connected to Russia.

No, Putin disliked Obama because Obama had issued sanctions against Russia for invading Crimea, as well as for booting Putin out of the G8, as well as for calling the Syrian government what it is - tyrannical.
And so far, the only evidence against a Trump-Putin connection is that they both deny it. Then again, I hardly imagine either one would cop up to it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 12:09 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
No, Putin disliked Obama because Obama had issued sanctions against Russia for invading Crimea, as well as for booting Putin out of the G8, as well as for calling the Syrian government what it is - tyrannical.
And so far, the only evidence against a Trump-Putin connection is that they both deny it. Then again, I hardly imagine either one would cop up to it.

I thought I had read somewhere where Putin thought Obama weak. Maybe it was Putin that thought Obama made poor decisions. Something like that. And wasn't it universal decision to suspend Russia from the G8, rather than something Obama did single handed?

Personally I wouldn't call evidence against a Trump-Putin connection is that they both deny it, being any kind of evidence whatsoever. Just suspicion. I think the longer these investigations go without yielding any evidence, the more it's going to look like a frame job.

Last edited by EzraS on 09 Mar 2017, 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 1:49 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I thought I had read somewhere where Putin thought Obama weak. Maybe it was Putin that thought Obama made poor decisions. Something like that. And wasn't it universal decision to suspend Russia from the G8, rather than something Obama did single handed?

Personally I wouldn't call evidence against a Trump-Putin connection is that they both deny it, being any kind of evidence whatsoever. Just suspicion. I think the longer these investigations go without yielding any evidence, the more it's going to look like a frame job.

It was actually American conservatives who repeatedly claimed Putin thought Obama weak, but without ever defining what he was supposed to have thought Obama was weak on. As I said, it was the fact that Obama, as well as our allies, had sought to foil Russian expansionary ambitions that was the reason why Putin hated him. The fact is, not many years ago, American right wingers like Huckaby were praising Putin at the expense of their own President at the time, Obama.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 5:45 am

Ah so someone was saying Putin thought Obama was week. I thought through I heard it being talked about on some news show before or after the election. It's something else what some politicians will say at the expense of the President, present day included.