Wikileaks exposes CIA hacking tools in new revelation

Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

07 Mar 2017, 10:24 am

Quote:
WikiLeaks on Tuesday released what it said is the full hacking capacity of the CIA in a stunning 8,000-plus page disclosure the anti-secrecy website contends is “the largest ever publication of confidential documents on the agency.”

The 8,761 documents and files -- released as “Vault 7 Part 1” and titled “Year Zero” -- were obtained from an “isolated, high-security network” at the CIA’s Center for Cyber Intelligence in Langley, Va., a press release from the website said. The trove had been “circulated among former U.S. government hackers and contractors,” one of whom “recently” gave the archive to WikiLeaks.

The collection of purported intelligence tools includes information on CIA-developed malware -- bearing names such as “Assassin” and “Medusa” -- intended to target iPhones, Android phones, smart TVs and Microsoft, Mac and Linux operating systems, among others. An entire unit in the CIA is devoted to inventing programs to hack data from Apple products, according to WikiLeaks.

Some of the remote hacking programs can allegedly turn numerous electronic devices into recording and transmitting stations to spy on their targets, with the information then sent back to secret CIA servers. One document appears to show the CIA was trying to “infect” vehicle control systems in cars and trucks for unspecified means.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/07/wi ... y-cia.html

This is huge, basically confirming a lot of the speculation and conspiracies about the capabilities of the CIA. They are spying on us thru our mobile devices and computers, also they have the ability to COMMANDEER control of cars and aircraft. Basically any technology with input and an internet connection can be controlled remotely and used to spy on you, they have the capability of remotely assassinating and there has been quite a few suspicious deaths in recent years. Go look up Michael Hastings death! You don't think our government targets its own citizens? Don't be so naive!

Obama lied, he spied on everyone!

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 11:02 am

If the CIA is doing any of this on American soil, that's a serious charge. Overseas, it's their job. It's also our job to uncover and oppose anything that violates our laws, Constitution, or principles of liberty.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 11:09 am

Quote:
By the end of 2016, the CIA's hacking division, which formally falls under the agency's Center for Cyber Intelligence (CCI), had over 5000 registered users and had produced more than a thousand hacking systems, trojans, viruses, and other "weaponized" malware. Such is the scale of the CIA's undertaking that by 2016, its hackers had utilized more code than that used to run Facebook. The CIA had created, in effect, its "own NSA" with even less accountability and without publicly answering the question as to whether such a massive budgetary spend on duplicating the capacities of a rival agency could be justified.

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/

reading straight from Wikileaks is the best source

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 11:12 am

I always wonder about my security when I think about visiting their site. I checked it out back at the launch, but haven't spent much time on there since then.

I read a couple of articles, and it sounds intriguing but more about procedures than operations. Your claims involve operations; I think we both always assumed that the CIA has a lot of such tools.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 11:23 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
I always wonder about my security when I think about visiting their site. I checked it out back at the launch, but haven't spent much time on there since then.

I read a couple of articles, and it sounds intriguing but more about procedures than operations. Your claims involve operations; I think we both always assumed that the CIA has a lot of such tools.

These are just the beginning of Wikileaks releases in this series of leaks fwiw, do you think they would have these tools and not use them? They maintained these 'zero days', they found vulnerabilities and 'hoarded' them for their own use even tho those same vulnerabilities could of been exploited by foreign or criminal entities as well.

Go read up on the death of the journalist Michael Hastings, died in a fiery high speed one car 'accident'. Very suspicious considering the circumstances and the fact that Hastings was immediately before said that he was fearing for his life, these Wikileaks revelations show that it was possible that the CIA hacked and took control of his vehicle as some had suspected.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/ ... crash.html

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 11:39 am

green text rundown :x

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 11:51 am

Once again, Trump was right. His only mistake was playing nice to them that one time at CIA HQ .

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 12:07 pm

In America, you watch TV.

In Soviet Russia, TV watches you!

Oh, wait...

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 2:05 pm

EzraS wrote:
Once again, Trump was right. His only mistake was playing nice to them that one time at CIA HQ .

Right about what exactly?

akuakuaku
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Mar 2017, 3:42 pm

Is it true the CIA also installed backdoors on peoples computers and phones without their knowledge? That's really scary if it is.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 4:59 pm

https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/839157182872576000

Quote:
@Snowden

Still working through the publication, but what @Wikileaks has here is genuinely a big deal. Looks authentic.

Snowden confirming

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 5:15 pm

The CIA has weaponized memes

http://dtic.mil/docs/citations/ADA507172

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 5:24 pm

This clearly refers to the sociological concept of memes, rather than the images the internet calls memes. These memes have always been weapons.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 6:21 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
This clearly refers to the sociological concept of memes, rather than the images the internet calls memes. These memes have always been weapons.

Their psy ops probably extends far and wide but it definitely includes internet memes which is where they've had the most difficulty cracking. Here is part of their toolkit, 'japanese style faces'. The CIA and many others take it deadly serious, we heard a lot of accusations of paid shills during the campaign and we know that is most definitely true with millions of dollars put into it but beyond organizations like CTR and ShareBlue it seems like intelligence agencies also partake.

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_17760284.html

Something I'd like to make highlight of is the CIA program to mask and manipulate the forensics of the hacking so to make it appear to be the work of a foreign intelligence service, few places might relevant.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 6:31 pm

That's perfectly plausible. All kinds of crackers try to make it look like they come from elsewhere. However, to take that idea and extend it (as I assume you intend) to the idea that the CIA, FBI, and NSA all got fooled by a particular CIA cell seems risky, if (I must admit) remotely plausible.

However, given Trump's publicly available business record, and his refusal to release his tax returns, and the obvious love fest on Russia Today (which apparently ended last week), I still consider shady dealings within Trump Holdings a more likely possibility.

Honestly, I don't demonize him. I know that if a person idolizes him, my criticism must seem that way, but I genuinely see him as another weird NT. I've had some weird random encounters with really rich people, and they had a higher tendency to be toward the ends of the bell curve. I assume it comes from having had the opportunity to take advantage of the best and worst choices available. That's the only unusual thing in my evaluation of Trump's motives and actions. He's just another weird, rich NT.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 8:58 pm

I predict Trump will now insist that's how Obama was spying on him.