Former FBI agent 'disgusted' Comey couldn't blackmail POTUS

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 8:42 pm

Former FBI agent: 'I literally wanted to rinse myself off' after Comey statement

Quote:
A former FBI agent said he felt "completely disgusted" after reading the prepared testimony of former FBI Director James Comey regarding interactions with President Trump.
"I read this and I literally wanted to rinse myself off afterwards," James Gagliano said on CNN.
"I felt completely disgusted."
"Beginning with that first awkward handshake that we saw on camera when Director Comey and the president met and ... it started out as a handshake, turned into kind of a half hug," Gagliano said.
"You could tell -- it was palpable -- how uncomfortable Director Comey was."
"For 48 years ... FBI Director [J. Edgar] Hoover pulled puppet strings, and had presidents on their heels," he added. "We now have a president that was attempting to put an FBI director on his heels."

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 10:42 am

SH90 wrote:
The Hill wrote:
"We now have a president that was attempting to put an FBI director on his heels."

But, the point IS, IMO, that he DIDN'T----President Trump may have attempted it, but he did NOT succeed in putting Director Comey "on his heels". I mean, isn't that what all of this is about----that Director Comey got fired, because President Trump saw that he was NOT gonna be able to control him?

I had thought, before, that Director Comey was a fine, upstanding man, and yesterday's hearing (to which I was riveted, every single second), was further proof, IMO, because I felt he handled himself EXTREMELY well, was poised, articulate, thoughtful, respectful----and, ABOVE ALL, telling the TRUTH!!

My thinking is that this former FBI agent just has sour grapes for someone he wishes he could be LIKE!!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 10:47 am

It's almost as if Trump's people picked this guy, and told him to say those things about Comey. Idle speculation, yes---but who knows?

I don't believe Comey's testimony is all that dramatic, actually. It seems as if Trump was playing "boss," and used indirect language, hoping Comey would "get the message."

It seems as if Trump fired Comey, at least partially, because Comey didn't seem to "get the message."

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 2:01 pm

I find the thread title disingenuous. SH90 probably meant it as trolling.

No one sane has compared Comey to Hoover. The agent felt disgusted by both Hoover and Trump.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 3:07 pm

The real problem or concern is an agency that is supposed to be apolitical, has been influencing politics by "keeping president's on their heels".

Calling someone a troll, for having different opinions is a common theme around here :roll:

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 3:25 pm

You can make that claim, but the article linked has no bearing on it.

Your title deliberately misconstrues that article, which counts as trolling. I'll need more evidence before I'd call you a troll.