Gay white men are not allowed to have a racial preference.

Page 2 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 1:38 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
But he watches America on the telly, so he knows all about us.

Oh dear! so when Americans watch the "telly" they are "entitled" to make comments but we lesser humans who dwell in the antipodes dare not poke our noses in the affairs of the USA

I'm glad you cleared that up for me Ezra

Yeah all those threads and posts by Americans continually blasting Australia and acting like they know what it's like to live there as if from personal experience. I forgot about those, my bad.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 1:45 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Oh dear! so when Americans watch the "telly" they are "entitled" to make comments but we lesser humans who dwell in the antipodes dare not poke our noses in the affairs of the USA

Unfortunately, too many people in my country feel that way.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 1:57 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Well apparently one needs to be American to "know all" according to Professor Ezra otherwise we simpletons rely on the "telly"

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 1:59 am

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Yeah all those threads and posts by Americans continually blasting Australia and acting like they know what it's like to live there as if from personal experience. I forgot about those, my bad.

Actually I should stop posting peer reviewed journal articles and perhaps I should be watching more fox news like some of you more clever conservatives

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 2:39 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Actually I should stop posting peer reviewed journal articles and perhaps I should be watching more fox news like some of you more clever conservatives

That's hardly the point, but I get the obfuscation. And I haven't pledged myself to any political ideology. Nor do I ever watch fox news or any other kind of right or left preferred tabloidish media.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 3:43 am

EzraS wrote:
That's hardly the point, but I get the obfuscation. And I haven't pledged myself to any political ideology. Nor do I ever watch fox news or any other kind of right or left preferred tabloidish media.

My interest in America is mostly because your fortunes tend to influence the Australian stockmarket and most of our families lifesavings are reliant on what Trump says and does...

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 4:11 am

...It seems the Huff original author is maybe trging to deal with a sublimated attraction to Caucasians that he doesn't want to admit to by turning it around - turning it into " Prove you're not racist by having sex with me , honky ! " . Guilt sex. Play that funky music, white boy! :mrgreen:
O see he defines a POC as Black or Asian and leaves out Hispanic/" Brown " entirely, many arguers for POCs concentrate on " Black and Brown " and they will sometimes leave.out " Asian " (meaning " Far East " Asian in general) , perhaps arguing that they have a " model minority " " pseudo-white privlege " . The whole argument about whos-a-POC has recently manifested itself in arguments as to whether the actress who plays Wonder Woman in the new movie is a POC!

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 6:35 am

ASS-P wrote:
The whole argument about whos-a-POC has recently manifested itself in arguments as to whether the actress who plays Wonder Woman in the new movie is a POC!

She's Jewish

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 7:16 am

...Yes ,, and it turned into arguments about more Meterrainien versus more Norther European Jews and whether the latter, especially, had " received whiteness "...and , then , pro-Palestinians got into hatinh her because she'd served in the Israeli army!

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 7:23 am

cyberdad wrote:
ASS-P wrote:
The whole argument about whos-a-POC has recently manifested itself in arguments as to whether the actress who plays Wonder Woman in the new movie is a POC!

She's Jewish
The Times of Israel hosted this post which I personally believe is nonsense. I suppose I should congratulate myself for being in an interracial marriage as my wife is 100% Ashkenazi Jew whereas all my ancestors, AFAIK, were originally West European. Nobody can accuse me of racism, ever again!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 8:58 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

My interest in America is mostly because your fortunes tend to influence the Australian stockmarket and most of our families lifesavings are reliant on what Trump says and does...

I don't really care even if CampinCat does. But that's an understandable reason.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 9:08 am

SH90 wrote:
Milo's article

Original Huffington Post article

Basically, if you're a gay white man. You're a racist if you prefer to date other white men. If you're black or Asian, it's ok to prefer dating men of the same race.

If the author of the HuffPo article could have avoided the verb "to be," he would have written a better article. It comes off as preachy, even though he makes good points.

The Mere Exposure Effect works. Stating a racial preference on a dating profile sounds racist or bigoted. If you identify as a progressive, deal with your BS.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 12:13 pm

Racist depiction of racewar, contains cartoon violence --
https://i2.wp.com/www.occidentaldissent ... 1280%2C863

Leftists, forever at eachother's throats, are generally tolerated by the right. The right might not really love you, or even feel entirely safe. They put up with you. Your bad taste in music (along the lines of war drums) is tolerated. Your manners and maintenance are tolerated. You have petty turf wars.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 11:07 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Well apparently one needs to be American to "know all" according to Professor Ezra otherwise we simpletons rely on the "telly"

On the brightside, you don't have to be an American for long, or actually experience real life.

Ezzie is a teenager who spends all his time on the internet and 'knows about thing' mostly via what he imagines about them...

Being an expert on America is easy peasy!

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 11:13 am

It's usually going to be classwarfare-ism and the Jezebel complex, a story in which she presumes ownership over the rightful belongings of other people. America is the middleman, interpreter, and referee, and is mainly made of people, who think that way.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 11:26 am

Any way to tie this back in to the original topic?

Have your preferences, and own them. Don't state preferences that reinforce negative stereotypes. If you support equality, then learn to value people with a history of oppression; you can put off deciding about sleeping with them.

Historically, America wants to keep some spaces for white men only. Not just any random spaces, but the spaces where powerful people make decisions which affect everyone. Golf courses, for example. Thus, excluding black people continues that structural racism. It's a direct link.