EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 7:32 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
I've been agender for the past decade.

I'm still waiting to see how my identity is causing the collapse of society. :roll:

I myself am not referring to a collapse of society, but rather the probability of some major changes.

Changes - very often major ones - are inevitable.

Well like kraftiekortie said, I see things shaping up to reintroduce an ancient Rome / ancient Greece type of society where anything that used to be considered decedent perverse unnatural etc will not only be acceptable but celebrated. And I mean anything. I'm not afraid of this, I just see it happening. Or at least on the verge of happening. Conservatives will fight against it and liberals will fight to make it happen.

Last edited by EzraS on 24 Jul 2017, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 7:35 pm

I think we're going to be okay. We'll accept the "other" genders, and see people as people.

We'll become more of a meritocracy under these conditions.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 7:43 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I think we're going to be okay. We'll accept the "other" genders, and see people as people.

We'll become more of a meritocracy under these conditions.

Well the thing is I think it has a lot further to go and the whole current multifarious sexual orientation and gender aspect is not where it is going to end.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 7:44 pm

I am all for a meritocracy so long as people's worthiness isn't judged through the lottery of having bad or good genes. For things like jobs-fair enough ,to classify X as more worthy as a person than Y- No .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 7:46 pm

That's what I hope for, too. A pure meritocracy. Not based on gender. Not based upon "good" or "bad" genes.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 7:47 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

I'm still waiting to see how my identity is causing the collapse of society. :roll:

I myself am not referring to a collapse of society, but rather the probability of some major changes.

Well like kraftiekortie said, I see things shaping up to reintroduce an ancient Rome / ancient Greece type of society where anything that used to be considered decedent perverse unnatural etc will not only be acceptable but celebrated. And I mean anything. I'm not afraid of this, I just see it happening. Or at least on the verge of happening. Conservatives will fight against it and liberals will fight to make it happen.

The right has constantly claimed the next thing following LGBT rights is acceptance of pedophilia. This is nothing but a dog whistle, used to make people reconsider extending civil rights to sexual minorities. Pedophilia is a crime against children, and will never be accepted.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 8:02 pm

Nope....it will never be accepted.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 8:11 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
The right has constantly claimed the next thing following LGBT rights is acceptance of pedophilia. This is nothing but a dog whistle, used to make people reconsider extending civil rights to sexual minorities. Pedophilia is a crime against children, and will never be accepted.

One of the problems in returning to "day's of old" in terms of Greece and Rome was that young boys were considered fair game for sex. A not so talked about topic (actually written about by the famous English explorer/writer Richard Francis Burton more than a hundred years ago) is the normalisation of sex with young boys in traditional non-christian and non-Jewish societies.

The truth is when you look at pedophilia from a psychological perspective it is no different to having a sexual preference. People (mostly men) are born with this sexual preference and no amount of therapy will make it go away
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/paedo ... 65956.html

Now for the protection of our children this behavior should (obviously) remain outlawed. Thus a free society can't condone all forms of sexual expression (animals included)

Conservatives of course lump all of this complex sexual preferences into one. There is no evidence that gay people abuse children any more than heterosexual people.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 8:13 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

Have they? I haven't read many claims by others regarding the whole muti sexual orientation and gender issue.

And get with the times Bill, it's LGBTQIAPK now. Or used to be. If more letters haven't been added already I'm sure they will be.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 8:18 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Nope....it will never be accepted.

Hasn't that already been said about things that have been accepted?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 8:29 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

One of the problems in returning to "day's of old" in terms of Greece and Rome was that young boys were considered fair game for sex. A not so talked about topic (actually written about by the famous English explorer/writer Richard Francis Burton more than a hundred years ago) is the normalisation of sex with young boys in traditional non-christian and non-Jewish societies.

The truth is when you look at pedophilia from a psychological perspective it is no different to having a sexual preference. People (mostly men) are born with this sexual preference and no amount of therapy will make it go away
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/paedo ... 65956.html

Now for the protection of our children this behavior should (obviously) remain outlawed. Thus a free society can't condone all forms of sexual expression (animals included)

Conservatives of course lump all of this complex sexual preferences into one. There is no evidence that gay people abuse children any more than heterosexual people.

You're thinking in limited terms. It's no longer just homosexual when it comes to sexual diversity. It's LGBTQIAPK now and counting. The string of different sexual orientations is becoming longer and longer.

A lot of people think it all ends at just LGBT, that that's as far as it goes. But I think that's just the tip of the iceberg as more stuff gets added onto it or hijacks it.

I bet there's a lot of people who would consider you and Bill too old fashioned and too conservative by their standards.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 8:47 pm

EzraS wrote:

A lot of people think it all ends at just LGBT, that that's as far as it goes. But I think that's just the tip of the iceberg as more stuff gets added onto it or hijacks it.

Sexual identity is a political construct where people are pigeonholed due to our social norms and prejudice. Sexual preference, however, is a psychological construct. There are problems in that people can have more than one preference. Not enough research has been done on how heterosexual males and females can develop bisexual tendencies when incarcerated in prison. To a conservative a bisexual is really a gay person trying to hide their "gayness"

EzraS wrote:
I bet there's a lot of people who would consider you and Bill too old fashioned and too conservative by their standards.

That would make many conservative christian types literally dinosaurs in that regard

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 9:10 pm

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Sexual identity is a political construct where people are pigeonholed due to our social norms and prejudice.

That can be applied to any and every conceivable sexual identity.

cyberdad wrote:
Sexual preference, however, is a psychological construct. There are problems in that people can have more than one preference. Not enough research has been done on how heterosexual males and females can develop bisexual tendencies when incarcerated in prison. To a conservative a bisexual is really a gay person trying to hide their "gayness"

You're still saying within the confines of just LGBT. Do you even know what the added Q, I, A, P, K stand for without looking it up? This is what I mean by you being too old fashioned and probably more on the conservative side to many.

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

That would make many conservative christian types literally dinosaurs in that regard

Yep.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 10:12 pm

Since this is going to happen anyway, then I may as well "identify" as a red bicycle. Why not? The fact that, in reality, I am nothing of the kind and would be considered to be mentally ill if I did, is now something I don't need to worry about. Reality-denial has become the latest crazy fad in this decadent society in which we live, where the perception of how things are (rather than how they actually are) count more than anything else.

Okay, I no longer "identiy" as having Asperger's Syndrome. I wish it away, it doesn't exist, I am now neurotypical. Abracadabra - POOF!

(Ten minutes later.)

Hmm, wishful thinking doesn't seem to work. What is just is, and there's nothing I can do about it. Self deception and delusion have never worked for me. The facts just keep getting in the way. :cry:

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 10:17 pm

cyberdad wrote:

Literally?! LITERALLY?!?!

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 10:24 pm

Lintar wrote:
Since this is going to happen anyway, then I may as well "identify" as a red bicycle. Why not? The fact that, in reality, I am nothing of the kind and would be considered to be mentally ill if I did, is now something I don't need to worry about. Reality-denial has become the latest crazy fad in this decadent society in which we live, where the perception of how things are (rather than how they actually are) count more than anything else.

Okay, I no longer "identiy" as having Asperger's Syndrome. I wish it away, it doesn't exist, I am now neurotypical. Abracadabra - POOF!

(Ten minutes later.)

Hmm, wishful thinking doesn't seem to work. What is just is, and there's nothing I can do about it. Self deception and delusion have never worked for me. The facts just keep getting in the way. :cry:

We seem to have at least one moderator on this site who identifies as agender/ambiguous. Are you saying that person is mentally ill for being that way?